Speculation: Rumours/Speculation/General Discussion XVI - Be a GM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moon*

I've never liked Andersen. I think he's a product of the Ducks defence. I'm still in favour for a two year 7.5 million deal for Ramo.

Ramo has spent this year (and the 2 previous years) showing that he is a bad starting goalie and mediocre back-up, why are we signing him to a 2 year deal, let along for 3+ million a season?

I am not sure Andersson is the answer but he has shown a hell of a lot more than Ramo has.

We know Ramo is not the answer, with Andersson there still might be a chance that he can be a good or really good goalie.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't think Ramo or Hiller will be back next year. At least, at this point there's not much of a reason to think they will be. Management didn't show much confidence in them last offseason with looking for someone else and this season has only left more questions to be answered. I think one of them would need to go on a Dubnyk stretch to be brought back.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I don't think Ramo or Hiller will be back next year. At least, at this point there's not much of a reason to think they will be. Management didn't show much confidence in them last offseason with looking for someone else and this season has only left more questions to be answered. I think one of them would need to go on a Dubnyk stretch to be brought back.

Hard to argue with that, however, I don't see Andersen being much of an improvement, if any. Price tag will play a huge part in the goaltending position, next year. If we can upgrade, great, personally I'd like to see a little stability in that area, for at least a couple years. If Ramo is the best, cost effective option, I wouldn't be opposed to a 2 year deal.

The whole teams defensive play, breakdowns/turnovers to be specific, have been horrible this year. Without shelling out huge, true #1 dollars, I don't think most 1b/stop gap guys would've faired much better.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
We need wingers with size and physicality that can play in our top 6.

Lindblom doesn't fill that need at all.

Have you seen Lindblom play? He's not small at 6" 1 and he plays a physical game....

He's basically a Swedish Simmonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad