Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Kypreos: OTT & EDM have had Hoffman for Picks/Prospects talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
**** NO! Draisaitl has the ability to be the best player on the ice on any given night. He is young, growing in to his body, and is already strong as an ox. He is just inconsistent, kind of like Malkin just on a lower tier. He is locked in long term on what I think is going to be a fantastic contract in a year or 2 after some of the other young stars get their contracts. His skill set is just insane, you don't trade players like that.

Also it would depend on who the RHD was, but it would take something serious to get the convo started.
He's in his 4th season and he still hasn't been able to produce away from McDavid outside of 2 playoff games. No way in hell is he even close to being worth that contract. I'd be offering him and some picks for Karlsson.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
He's in his 4th season and he still hasn't been able to produce away from McDavid outside of 2 playoff games. No way in hell is he even close to being worth that contract. I'd be offering him and some picks for Karlsson.

He most certainly has produced away from McDavid... Look what he did with Hall... He was playing like a #1C during that time. He also has put up good numbers this year even though he hadn't been playing well to start the year. How are you determining if he is worth his contract or not?

Well i'd sell one of my kidney's for Karlsson so i'm with you on that.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He produced just fine without McDavid 2 years ago?

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Isn't this the first year we've consistently had Draisaitl centering his own line? Do people really expect him to be elite in a role that he's playing in the NHL for the first time?

Give the man some time. He was beastly last game against the Blue Jackets.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
He most certainly has produced away from McDavid... Look what he did with Hall... He was playing like a #1C during that time. He also has put up good numbers this year even though he hadn't been playing well to start the year. How are you determining if he is worth his contract or not?

Well i'd sell one of my kidney's for Karlsson so i'm with you on that.
Hall carried that line. Drai hasn't produced away from Mcdavid or Hall. His points/60 away from those two is not good at all.
So he should be paid what Nuge gets paid?
He should be paid what Pastrnak makes, which is ~2mil less.
He produced just fine without McDavid 2 years ago?
With Hall. He's done nothing without those two.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hall carried that line. Drai hasn't produced away from Mcdavid or Hall. His points/60 away from those two is not good at all.

That's why hall's numbers went down after he stopped playing with Draisaitl, Draisaitl was an equal contributor to that line being successful.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil and A91

North

Jun 25, 2009

Draisaitl has the ability to take over games. See last year's playoffs.

The fact he happens to play well with good players and is learning how to carry a line on his own makes him versatile as well.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

If we had a Krejci and a Bergeron on board to use as direct comparables, he'd probably be closer to that mark. Unfortunately the closest comparables in Edmonton this summer were Conner and the Nuge.

Alowlyoilersfan

Sep 28, 2017
id try to offload strome and grybes(i wouldnt mind waiving him, but i feel like a fresh opportunity would be good) in exchange for a bit more speed. i feel like we are probably going to trade a pick for a goalie, but i guess it depends on the timetable for talbot.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario

100% McDavid does not hit 100 without Draisaitl. So is he not supposed to play with players on his team? He is a dominant player some nights, just needs to find a bit of consistency. Sad how you discredit him so much.

Reactions: Del Preston

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If there are no long term health concerns with Karlsson, and we know he will sign long term here, I give up Draisaitl + without a thought. It has nothing to do with Drai. I love the player.

Detroit - Yzerman and Federov. Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Those players made the team really good. Lidstrom made them a consistant cup contender.
Pronger - In his prime, every team he played on had a shot at the cup. He carried 3 different teams to the finals.
Chicago - 3 cups with Kieth
LA - 2 cups with Doughty.

Karlsson and McDavid on the same team = Guaranteed Cups. Its as simple as that. If you can make it happen, you make it happen.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Saying Draisaitl is overpaid does not equate to 'discrediting' him.

Draisaitl is overpaid by atleast a million if not 2 per season.. Having said that, there is no guarantee that Karlsson wont be overpaid in his next contact. With cap going up and no RFA yrs to burn he might be making more than McDavid his next contract.. add in his injury concerns and I dont know I would even swap Drai straight up for him.

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton
Rumour on the mains that Pittsburgh may be looking to shake things up. Friedman also speculated about the Oilers and Penguins being a match in his last 31 thoughts. How about something around Maroon for Hornqvist? Both UFA's this summer, we have some cap space to work with, and lets us move some of our grit from the left to the right, while adding a right shot.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Rumour on the mains that Pittsburgh may be looking to shake things up. Friedman also speculated about the Oilers and Penguins being a match in his last 31 thoughts. How about something around Maroon for Hornqvist? Both UFA's this summer, we have some cap space to work with, and lets us move some of our grit from the left to the right, while adding a right shot.
They would never consider that.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
That's why hall's numbers went down after he stopped playing with Draisaitl, Draisaitl was an equal contributor to that line being successful.
Draisaitl points with Hall 2015-16: At 5×5: 2.32/60
Draisaitl points w/o Hall 2015-16: At 5×5: 1.13/60
Draisaitl has the ability to take over games. See last year's playoffs.

The fact he happens to play well with good players and is learning how to carry a line on his own makes him versatile as well.
2 games doesn't make a player worth 8.5mil/yr.
If we had a Krejci and a Bergeron on board to use as direct comparables, he'd probably be closer to that mark. Unfortunately the closest comparables in Edmonton this summer were Conner and the Nuge.
Drai should have been bridged, and signed before McDavid. Master negotiator Peter Chiarelli strikes again.
100% McDavid does not hit 100 without Draisaitl. So is he not supposed to play with players on his team? He is a dominant player some nights, just needs to find a bit of consistency. Sad how you discredit him so much.
He's supposed to produce offense without needing the best player in the NHL on his line. He's one of the highest paid players in the league and can't get anything going if he has to drive his own line.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Drai should have been bridged, and signed before McDavid. Master negotiator Peter Chiarelli strikes again.

A Draisaitl bridge deal could've ended up costing us substantially more in the long run. What is the salary cap going to look like two years from now?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Draisaitl points with Hall 2015-16: At 5×5: 2.32/60
Draisaitl points w/o Hall 2015-16: At 5×5: 1.13/60
Hey what website are you using to get your player with and without stats, a couple of my favorite analytics websites got shut down and need some new ones.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Great contribution. Why?
Patric Hornqvist is worth considerably more than Patrick Maroon.

Hornqvist is a consistent 20 goal scorer and has never missed that mark while playing a full season. Maroon has done so once and relied on the assistance of Connor McDavid to do so.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
A Draisaitl bridge deal could've ended up costing us substantially more in the long run. What is the salary cap going to look like two years from now?
How much more could Draisaitl possibly make if he managed to put up points away from McDavid? All of his comparables get paid significantly less than he does. Even if he went ppg I doubt he'd get more than 8.5mil.
Hey what website are you using to get your player with and without stats, a couple of my favorite analytics websites got shut down and need some new ones.
I got those numbers from The (Naked) Truth about the Draisaitl Deal but you can get WOWY stats from Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick. It doesn't go as in depth as some of the old sites though.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
How much more could Draisaitl possibly make if he managed to put up points away from McDavid? All of his comparables get paid significantly less than he does. Even if he went ppg I doubt he'd get more than 8.5mil.

As mentioned before, there's more weight on the RNH and McDavid deals than comparables outside of the organization. Like it or not--they are centers and they play for the Edmonton Oilers.

And if we're using % of the cap, which player agents have been known to utilize, an 11% cut--his current cut--of an assumed $85m cap in two years, assuming your bridge deal and assuming similar production...a third deal could've cost us around $9.5m AAV. That's the same deal two years from now.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
As mentioned before, there's more weight on the RNH and McDavid deals than comparables outside of the organization. Like it or not--they are centers and they play for the Edmonton Oilers.

And if we're using % of the cap, which player agents have been known to utilize, an 11% cut--his current cut--of an assumed $85m cap in two years, assuming your bridge deal and assuming similar production...a third deal could've cost us around $9.5m AAV. That's the same deal two years from now.

And that's not even taking into account that at that time they would likely be buying up even more costly UFA years on a long term deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad