Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Kypreos: OTT & EDM have had Hoffman for Picks/Prospects talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
The thing is, what if Draisaitl puts up say 70P playing with guys like Strome and Khaira, who are 3rd/4th liners? You won't find comparables around the league who are producing like that without 1st line quality line mates, aside from maybe Malkin. I'd rather wait the full season to judge him rather than a 27 game sample in a season where he's missed 5 games from a concussion, and has been unsustainably unlucky on the PP.
Malkin and Kessel have actually been playing together quite a bit over the past couple years.

I believe in Drai's ability to become a dominant player independent of McDavid, but even if he's not the worst case scenario is what he becomes a Corey Perry/Jakub Voracek who forms a dominant duo with an elite C, not the worst problem to have, you can still build around that.

Reactions: McNuge

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Draisaitl will be just fine, lets not panic, he's just going through a tough stretch. I would sooner try to move Maroon and bring in someone like Kane.
I sure wish the coach would try Kassian, Khaira and Draisaitl on a line, that is a master possession/cycle type line who would wear other team's D out and create chances.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Kane would be an interesting rental. We could use that speed on the left side. Ideally we upgrade Strome with someone a little more skilled too.

Strome, Caggiula, pick/prospect for Mats Zuccarello

Picks/prospects for Kane

Lucic McDavid Puljujarvi
Khaira Draisaitl Zuccarello
Kane RNH Kassian
Maroon Letestu Slepyshev

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I love how we are talking like Draisaitl, Lucic, RNH, Russell, blah blah blah is overpaid when teams like Boston struck out on Beleskey and now they are waiving him. At least these guys are performing and scoring. Sometimes I feel this forum has to have some irrational person on here to argue a stupid point that isn't needed.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Nurse can technically be resigned now, I kind of hope they get ahead of him on that and try to get him on a 5 or 6 yr deal at Between $3.5-4M per.

Also, for interest sakes, Belesky on Waivers from the Bruins, Oilers would have no interesting, just interesting to see.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Yeah ideally the klefa contract for Nurse would be nice. Our top 3 will all have favourable deals for a few years then. If he wants big money it would make sense to do a bridge deal until Russell and Sekera deals are up in 2020.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yeah ideally the klefa contract for Nurse would be nice. Our top 3 will all have favourable deals for a few years then. If he wants big money it would make sense to do a bridge deal until Russell and Sekera deals are up in 2020.
I think Nurse is a guy you bridge this summer. He's a guy who's just establishing himself in the NHL and it's still a ways away from being a certainty where he fits in this lineup long term. I just don't see a reason to offer up $4m+ for him when he's likely wrapping this season up with around 20 points.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I think Nurse is a guy you bridge this summer. He's a guy who's just establishing himself in the NHL and it's still a ways away from being a certainty where he fits in this lineup long term. I just don't see a reason to offer up $4m+ for him when he's likely wrapping this season up with fewer than 20 points, averaging fewer than 20 minutes a night.

Da hell? He has 12 points in 31 games
So you think he is getting 7 or less points in the remaining 51 games?

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Da hell? He has 12 points in 31 games
So you think he is getting 7 or less points in the remaining 51 games?

Corrected myself... On a phone.

But yes, if I'm a betting man I see him finishing the season in the low to mid twenties.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I love how we are talking like Draisaitl, Lucic, RNH, Russell, blah blah blah is overpaid when teams like Boston struck out on Beleskey and now they are waiving him. At least these guys are performing and scoring. Sometimes I feel this forum has to have some irrational person on here to argue a stupid point that isn't needed.

The Lucic contract gets ripped here on a daily basis but it's looking like one of the better deals handed out from that UFA class by a longshot. Other players handed out 6M and term were Backes, Eriksson, and Okposo who are all having very pedestrian seasons. Brouwer at 4.5 is looking terrible, and Nielson and Ladd around 5.5 each is also very bad. Lucic has proven to be the best value out of all these signings, and one of the youngest players too.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
The Lucic contract gets ripped here on a daily basis but it's looking like one of the better deals handed out from that UFA class by a longshot. Other players handed out 6M and term were Backes, Eriksson, and Okposo who are all having very pedestrian seasons. Brouwer at 4.5 is looking terrible, and Nielson and Ladd around 5.5 each is also very bad. Lucic has proven to be the best value out of all these signings, and one of the youngest players too.

Couldn't agree more. Plus with the cap going up, it's looking better every year.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Nurse can technically be resigned now, I kind of hope they get ahead of him on that and try to get him on a 5 or 6 yr deal at Between $3.5-4M per.

Also, for interest sakes, Belesky on Waivers from the Bruins, Oilers would have no interesting, just interesting to see.

Agreed Oilers would have no interest. I just find it funny that the GM said Beleskey's contract would pay itself when he signed him. Derp :dunce:

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Nurse is putting up these points without the benefit of PP time too. He is really doing great things at both ends of the ice. Just to put things in perspective here are defensemen with 1-2 less ES points than Nurse so far this year.

Subban
Josi
Sergachev
Letang
Shattenkirk
Yandle
Parayko
Suter
OEL
Hamilton
Zaitsev
Keith
Dumba Spergeon
Weber

People don't really realize it but a defenseman putting up 25-30 points in a year without seeing any PP time is very hard.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I forgot Backes was still in the league he's been that irrelevant.

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
Nurse is our best D by far and he's starting to flash top pairing potential on a game by game basis

The Klefdeal would be a bargain, pls, Chiarelli, do something right for once.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I forgot Backes was still in the league he's been that irrelevant.

He's been on the IR for a good chunk of the year. Still only 4 points in 11 games though. That brings up another bonus with Lucic- the fact he's incredibly durable missing only a handful of games the last 6-7 years.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Slavins caphit is 5.3 million for 7 years Nurse should be looking for around 4-5 I would think.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Lets be REAL here gentlemen. I hope you have had the pleasure of watching Karlsson play because if you haven't then that's why it's even an issue. Karlsson is a top 5-10 player in the entire league, not only at his position. He is a cornerstone franchise changing defenseman that is generational like McDavid. You trade any number of packages to acquire him if possible. That's not even a question. He is capable of turning a team around on his own.

If it take Drai-Klef and a second/first round pick, you do it.

He is proven, a winner and the best at his position imo.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Lets be REAL here gentlemen. I hope you have had the pleasure of watching Karlsson play because if you haven't then that's why it's even an issue. Karlsson is a top 5-10 player in the entire league, not only at his position. He is a cornerstone franchise changing defenseman that is generational like McDavid. You trade any number of packages to acquire him if possible. That's not even a question. He is capable of turning a team around on his own.

If it take Drai-Klef and a second/first round pick, you do it.

He is proven, a winner and the best at his position imo.
Yeah, he’s got his name engraved on the Stanley Cup a grand total of zero times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad