Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Kypreos: OTT & EDM have had Hoffman for Picks/Prospects talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
What about a 3 way deal with Maroon going to team "A", the return from Maroon to Philly along with a 1st and Slepyshev, with Simmonds coming to Edmonton. For the Oilers it would boil down to Maroon, Slepy, 1st for Simmonds. We upgrade our top 9 speed in a big way without losing any physicality. Simmonds would certainly give the PP a massive boost, keep up with McDavid at evens, and goes to the net front where Conner can get the puck 99% of the time.

Caggiula McDavid Simmonds
Lucic Drai Puljujarvi
Khaira RNH Strome

Those lines look very balanced to me.

I've wished EDM could land Simmonds for a few years now. Love his game and he's exactly what the team needs.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Looked over the Canucks lineup... their 4th line is Vanek - Granlund - Erikkson if thats not depth i dont know what is. Not ideal for a 4th line considering most teams use it as a checking line but thats their best option as the rest of the lineup is very solid.
I can definitely se them holding their spot in the standing just looking over their lineup. They are not a pushover team especially with Travis Green as coach.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I doubt Vegas has much interest in moving anyone on their roster at this point.
I wouldn't be shocked to see them move guys just so that get a better pick. This good play is all fine and dandy, but it's really going to screw them up long-term.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Which is a far cry from "God awful".
GAA is pretty horrid.

I just don't see why people think he's the answer over Brossoit and that we shouldn't be looking for a goalie until we give him a shot.

He might be something someday, but he isn't even close to dominating a lessor league.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
GAA is pretty horrid.

I just don't see why people think he's the answer over Brossoit and that we shouldn't be looking for a goalie until we give him a shot.

He might be something someday, but he isn't even close to dominating a lessor league.

IMO, save percentage is typically a better stat to look at for goalies (I view GAA as more of a team stat). I agree though that we shouldn't be relying on him to be an NHL goalie at this point. He doesn't even have 50 pro games under his belt yet.

I do hope Brossoit gets the bulk of the starts until Talbot is back, I'd like to see what he looks like when he's getting more playing time.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Apparently Servelli is really beating the Neuvirth angle with the Oilers, surprised the Flyers would move him?
Two things.

I don't know what to make of Servelli and his rumors.

I don't know what to make with PHI and their goaltending decisions either.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I wouldn't be shocked to see them move guys just so that get a better pick. This good play is all fine and dandy, but it's really going to screw them up long-term.

I think you're overestimating the worth of a single draft pick, unless we're talking a McDavid type player. And potentially underestimating the worth of an expansion team making the playoffs in their first year in a new market. Making the playoffs would go a long way in solidifying a legit fanbase before another sports team enters the market.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Two things.

I don't know what to make of Servelli and his rumors.

I don't know what to make with PHI and their goaltending decisions either.
Yeah apparently Servelli keeps talking about Hutchinson as if he were an option. The guy is a terrible NHL goalie and there's a reason he's Wpg's #4 goalie, I don't care what his AHL numbers look like.

My thought with Servelli is that he's been busy with Xmas stuff, so he's just half-assing these rumours because the has to do something.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think you're overestimating the worth of a single draft pick, unless we're talking a McDavid type player. And potentially underestimating the worth of an expansion team making the playoffs in their first year in a new market. Making the playoffs would go a long way in solidifying a legit fanbase before another sports team enters the market.
There is that angle, but if the team ends up not attracting UFA's what is the plan?

Having a top 5 pick would go a lot further than a bottom 16 pick IMO.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah apparently Servelli keeps talking about Hutchinson as if he were an option. The guy is a terrible NHL goalie and there's a reason he's Wpg's #4 goalie, I don't care what his AHL numbers look like.

My thought with Servelli is that he's been busy with Xmas stuff, so he's just half-assing these rumours because the has to do something.
I rather give a late pick for Hutchinson than play Ellis

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
There is that angle, but if the team ends up not attracting UFA's what is the plan?

It would be pretty tough for them to end up with a top 5 pick at this point. Unless they truly went scorched earth. Which again... just doesn't make much sense to me in regards to trying to build a base of fans.

But I don't actually know anything. For all I know they're on the phone right now looking to deal Neal to the highest bidder.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
That's insane, Hutchinson is an awful NHL goalie

I donno about awful. Below average perhaps. He's crushing the AHL this season though. I like the idea of a guy like Neuvirth the most though. The one thing that a guy like Hutchinson has going for him though over Neuvirth is that if you did trade for him you could send him back down to the minors once Talbot is back. Where as with Neuvirth (or other NHL vet goalie) you either need to waive them or Brossoit. And I'm not sure the Oilers are ready to give up on Brossoit. Although... I doubt there would be much interest in claiming him around the league, so waiving him might not actually be much of a risk.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I donno about awful. Below average perhaps. He's crushing the AHL this season though. I like the idea of a guy like Neuvirth the most though. The one thing that a guy like Hutchinson has going for him though over Neuvirth is that if you did trade for him you could send him back down to the minors once Talbot is back. Where as with Neuvirth (or other NHL vet goalie) you either need to waive them or Brossoit. And I'm not sure the Oilers are ready to give up on Brossoit. Although... I doubt there would be much interest in claiming him around the league, so waiving him might not actually be much of a risk.
The difference in Winnipeg this year is goaltending, last year Hutchinson was part of the tandem and failed VERY hard, it's why he's Wpg's 4th goalie. Internal candidates make way more sense then adding his contract and giving up assets.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
That's insane, Hutchinson is an awful NHL goalie

He had a great streak once in the NHL and he is crushing the AHL right now. Goaltending is so much about momentum and confidence. Thats why I think he is the best realistic target for us

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Call me old fashioned, but a few million bucks at age 27 would go a long way to convincing me that Los Vegas isn't a bad place to spend a few years.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He had a great streak once in the NHL and he is crushing the AHL right now. Goaltending is so much about momentum and confidence. Thats why I think he is the best realistic target for us
He is not, I would rather rebuild Brossoit. I think many of you think Hutchinson is a player he isn't. He's not an NHL goal, full stop.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Call me old fashioned, but a few million bucks at age 27 would go a long way to convincing me that Los Vegas isn't a bad place to spend a few years.
I honestly have no idea if it's going to be a place to be or not. They didn't really sign anyone other than Shipachyov. At the same time I don't know how active they really were either.

I do think they will get some guys, but I don't know if they will get the higher caliber of player.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He is not, I would rather rebuild Brossoit. I think many of you think Hutchinson is a player he isn't. He's not an NHL goal, full stop.
You were quite adamant that Schenn wasn't much of a player either. Hutch is on a hot streak right now and has shown to be able to play well. To go full "the guy isn't NHL" just makes you look foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino