Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Vermette being bought out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger*

It's like you want him to fail, and will enjoy every minute of it. :shakehead

No. I just don't live in a fantasy world and acknowledge reality. As a fan, I want nothing more then to see this team succeed and yakupov doesn't contribute to that goal. He’s a reclamation project for another organization. It’s time to win now, not throw away more time seeing what we have in players that have already contributed to wasting four years of it.

Maybe we should of kept Dallas Eakins. Surely it was everyone else's fault and not his, right? Everyone deserves an infinate amount of chances...

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
It doesn't work that way. The NHL is a "show me" league. Yakupov has been in the NHL for four years now as a #1 overall pick. He's not a second round d-man. I'm done seeing excuses being made for this kid.

Well that's your problem then. Have at it.

Vile? Thats quite dramatic. I dont think I have ever seen a 'vile' post directed at Yak.

I think part of the problem is that some posters don't like seeing anything negative (no matter how accurate it is) about their boy Yak.

I for one would like to see Yak succeed...I am just not under any illusions about what he brings to the table.

There really seems to be a major disconnect between the player Yak thinks he is and the player he needs to become.

No need to call me dramatic. I've seen some awful posts about him, but I'm not about to call certain posters out.

Sure there are posters like that, but there are posters like that for every player, and every issue on this board.

No. I just don't live in a fantasy world and acknowledge reality. As a fan, I want nothing more then to see this team succeed and yakupov doesn't contribute to that goal. He’s a reclamation project for another organization. It’s time to win now, not throw away more time seeing what he have in players that have already contributed to wasting four of them.

Maybe we should of kept Dallas Eakins. Surely it was everyone else's fault and not his, right? Everyone deserves an infinate amount of chances...

Have I not acknowledged realities? Did I not say he hasn't lived up to expectations? Don't sit here and pretend everyone who is in favour of a moderate stance towards Yakupov is some gibbering fanboy.

Not once have I ever said, or implied that it was everyone elses' fault, or that he should be given infinite chances. That type of lazy, misleading, response isn't even worth commenting on.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Well that's your problem then. Have at it.

No need to call me dramatic. I've seen some awful posts about him, but I'm not about to call certain posters out.

Sure there are posters like that, but there are posters like that for every player, and every issue on this board.

No need to take it personally and over react...I never called you dramatic.
I called your description dramatic.

Its funny because over reacting is common around here for posters who feel the need to defend their boy Yak.
Sometimes I wonder if posters care more about the player than they do the team. If they did care more about the team they would realize that Yak is and has been a liability. Instead there are excuses galore.
We shall see what Yak brings to the table this season and if the excuse machine continues unabated.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
No need to take it personally and over react...I never called you dramatic.
I called your description dramatic.

Its funny because over reacting is common around here for posters who feel the need to defend their boy Yak.
Sometimes I wonder if posters care more about the player than they do the team. If they did care more about the team they would realize that Yak is and has been a liability. Instead there are excuses galore.
We shall see what Yak brings to the table this season and if the excuse machine continues unabated.

guymez, you know why I take stuff like that personally from you. But whatever, it's not the point I was trying to convey.

Again, that reaction is common for every player, and every issue on this board. It's nothing new. A lot of people on both sides of the spectrum have that type of mentality. I'm sure there are lots of people that care more about their player than they do the team, but that doesn't mean everyone who has a certain outlook on a player is that way. I'm certainly not a big Eberle fan, but if he scored 50 goals, and learned what defense is, I'd be absolutely THRILLED. The better all of our players are, the better our team is.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
I fully expect Yakupov to personally blow your socks off this year.

What on earth has changed that would suggest this would happen? he shouldn't have even been in the NHL the past two years. I see him going to the KHL after this season - or do the Oil give him a RAISE to qualify him as he's a RFA?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
guymez, you know why I take stuff like that personally from you. But whatever, it's not the point I was trying to convey.

Actually I have no idea why you would take anything on here personally. It is however your choice to do that.
There really needs to be a distinction between the poster and what he/she posts.

Again, that reaction is common for every player, and every issue on this board. It's nothing new. A lot of people on both sides of the spectrum have that type of mentality. I'm sure there are lots of people that care more about their player than they do the team, but that doesn't mean everyone who has a certain outlook on a player is that way. I'm certainly not a big Eberle fan, but if he scored 50 goals, and learned what defense is, I'd be absolutely THRILLED. The better all of our players are, the better our team is.

Its interesting how often Eberle gets dragged into this....as if Yak and Eberle even remotely compare. One is a consistent goal scorer who plays an intelligent game...the other player is neither of those things. Eberle doesn't need to score 50 goals to be an effective player.

As for caring more about a player than the team....I simply dont understand that at all. Perhaps when I was a teenager that might have made sense but after being a fan of this team since the 80's it makes no sense to me what so ever.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Actually I have no idea why you would take anything on here personally. It is however your choice to do that.
There really needs to be a distinction between the poster and what he/she posts.

Whatever.

Its interesting how often Eberle gets dragged into this....as if Yak and Eberle even remotely compare. One is a consistent goal scorer who plays an intelligent game...the other player is neither of those things. Eberle doesn't need to score 50 goals to be an effective player.

As for caring more about a player than the team....I simply dont understand that at all. Perhaps when I was a teenager that might have made sense but after being a fan of this team since the 80's it makes no sense to me what so ever.

The only reason I mentioned Eberle, is because he is a player I don't care for. It has nothing to do with Yak, and if it was another player I didn't care for, I'd have mentioned them instead.

I've had a few players on the team I loved, but no one should get more love than the crest itself.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Whatever.

Lol...this really isnt that hard to grasp...or is it? :popcorn:

Its a choice man...thats all it is. Honest. :nod:

The only reason I mentioned Eberle, is because he is a player I don't care for. It has nothing to do with Yak, and if it was another player I didn't care for, I'd have mentioned them instead.

I've had a few players on the team I loved, but no one should get more love than the crest itself.

Exactly.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Lol...this really isnt that hard to grasp...or is it? :popcorn:

Its a choice man...thats all it is. Honest. :nod:

Exactly.

Jeez man, I'm trying really hard not to get into this. Every time we've had exchanges in the past on this board that are on the opposite side of an issue, you've used personal attacks towards me, and I don't want to go through them again, that's all. Anyway its got nothing to do with what we are talking about, so I'd rather just drop that part of the convo.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Jeez man, I'm trying really hard not to get into this. Every time we've had exchanges in the past on this board that are on the opposite side of an issue, you've used personal attacks towards me, and I don't want to go through them again, that's all. Anyway its got nothing to do with what we are talking about, so I'd rather just drop that part of the convo.

Nonsense...complete and utter nonsense. I have never used personal attacks with you and I know that you would not be able to produce any proof. Its nothing more than you being locked in on what you think is happening.

The issue is that you have trouble discerning between a challenge to something you post and taking it personally.

Its clear that you have no idea what I am talking about and thats cool.

You can continue to hate because you choose to take it personally...its all good.

I dont agree with much of what you post (especially regarding Yak) but trust me...I dont hate you man. :D

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Nonsense...complete and utter nonsense. I have never used personal attacks with you and I know that you would not be able to produce any proof. Its nothing more than you being locked in on what you think is happening.

The issue is that you have trouble discerning between a challenge to something you post and taking it personally.

Its clear that you have no idea what I am talking about and thats cool.

You can continue to hate because you choose to take it personally...its all good.

I dont agree with much of what you post but trust me...I dont hate you man. :D

I have no problem discerning between challenges to my position, and attacks on my intelligence. I'll never take offense to people challenging my position. I'm not about to go back and find all the exchanges between us just to have them rightly deleted by a mod.

It's he said, she said, and that's fine. It's just off topic clutter that does nothing to further the discussion, and that's why I didn't want to get into it in the first place. Let's just agree to disagree and move on. We've both said our piece.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I have no problem discerning between challenges to my position, and attacks on my intelligence. I'll never take offense to people challenging my position. I'm not about to go back and find all the exchanges between us just to have them deleted by a mod.

It's he said, she said, and that's fine. It's just off topic clutter that does nothing to further the discussion, and that's why I didn't want to get into it in the first place. Let's just agree to disagree and move on. We've both said our piece.

There is nothing to find. I know that to be a fact because it (attacks to your person) never happened. So its good that you are not going to waste your time looking.

If in one of our exchanges things got heated and you thought I crossed a line then I apologize for that but it was never personal.

Perception is everything. Peace to you.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
We now can ice 3 good scoring lines and Yak is somehow the problem? Who cares if we has to be carried by McDavid. Look at Pouliot. He's not a great player either but he's excellent when paired with the right players.

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
I'm still a big believer in Yak. He played good with McDavid. Yes it was only like a 10 game sample. And Yes everyone plays good with McDavid (wait, except for Hall). But people forget Yak also played really good with Derik Roy, who isn't exactly a superstar. Given the right situation, Yak could really contribute to the oilers success. But he's not going to do that playing with grinders like Letestu or Hendricks.

I would definitely play him with McDavid, it would be stupid not to at least try him there. Eberle will have success with either Nuge or Drai, so it's not like we're ruining Eberle by doing that. Yak is actually more aggressive on the forecheck than Eberle which I think compliments McDavid more. Playing some of our weaker forwards with McDavid should be tried, as other teams will match his line with their top d.

I would start with:
Lucic McDavid Yak
Maroon Nuge Eberle
Pouliot Drai Kassian/pulju

Avenger*

We now can ice 3 good scoring lines and Yak is somehow the problem? Who cares if we has to be carried by McDavid. Look at Pouliot. He's not a great player either but he's excellent when paired with the right players.

Pouliot is a lot more versatile then yakupov and not a first overall pick that pouts when he isn't gifted top six minutes. He's also able to retreive pucks, win battles, play on the opposite side of the puck and not handle the puck like a granade every time he touches it.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Define passengers. The only drivers I know is McDavid and Hall. Everyone else seems to feed off each other

I define a passenger as a player that more often than not takes away from helping the team win. So that doesn't necessarily mean the player has to be a driver...he just has to add something.

Avenger*

Define passengers. The only drivers I know is McDavid and Hall. Everyone else seems to feed off each other

I define a passenger as a player that contributes nothing while apparently maintaining a skillset that is redundant on this team.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Pouliot is a lot more versatile then yakupov and not a first overall pick that pouts when he isn't gifted top six minutes. He's also able to retreive pucks, win battles, play on the opposite side of the puck and not handle the puck like a granade every time he touches it.

You keep bringing up Yak's draft pedigree like we don't already know what he is. It's a broken record.

Pou contribute to the team by adding different elements just like Yak. He's a lot older and at the same age was no where near as good as Yak. Yak is a sniper. These guys take time. Relax a little.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I define a passenger as a player that more often than not takes away from helping the team win. So that doesn't necessarily mean the player has to be a driver...he just has to add something.

ConYak didn't contribute?

Hall-Drai-Yak didn't?

Purcell-Roy-Yak didn't?

MPS-Gagner-Yak didn't?

How about you quit pretending?

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015

Pouliot is 100x the player that Yak is.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
You keep bringing up Yak's draft pedigree like we don't already know what he is. It's a broken record.

Pou contribute to the team by adding different elements just like Yak. He's a lot older and at the same age was no where near as good as Yak. Yak is a sniper. These guys take time. Relax a little.

A sniper who managed 8 goals last year? It's obvious hes not a very good sniper.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It doesn't work that way. The NHL is a "show me" league. Yakupov has been in the NHL for four years now as a #1 overall pick. He's not a second round d-man. I'm done seeing excuses being made for this kid.

How does it work then?

Does it not make sense that a kid from Russia that has had a new coach every year since shipping over is having problems developing? Forget his draft position and realize that this kid is 8 months older than Drake Caggiula, a guy who's got literally years to develop in our system.

Despite the overwhelming amount of keyboard wizards declaring the kid a bust due to a 'lack of hockey sense', this is a player with a high level of raw skill. He's had periods of brilliant play in previous seasons and as long as he's an Edmonton Oiler, Todd McLellan should put him in a position where he is likely to replicate those results.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Pouliot's elite at tipping pucks like Holmstrom into our own net. :sarcasm:

Avenger*

And yakupov apologists keep mentioning his age despite his draft pedigree and time in the league like I'm not aware of that either.

Tell me what elements yakupov brings to the team other then goals against? He's definitely a sniper with his massive eight goals last season when McDavid was carrying him. A players apparent "talent" means nothing if it cannot be applied on the ice.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Pouliot's elite at tipping pucks like Holmstrom into our own net. :sarcasm:

And take stupid penalties.

Pou is still an effective complimentary player. Same as Yak. Not ready to let him go for nothing like some of these guys are suggesting. Take out Yak, we are down to 2 scoring lines. Pak and Kassian just don't cut it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad