Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Vermette being bought out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Seems to me that this Peter guy is putting together a 'team'.

If that goes through then we see a major change in team makeup. As long as the guys coming in are high character professionals, I am on board.

Pirri is barely worth discussing though. He's Teddy Purcell at best.

Now, whether the team can win games is the real question. I'm hoping so.

Purcell would look good on any team's third line. Pirri plays a different game than the old core as well. Adding one more forward with a bit of salt in their game would be excellent.

Yakupov for Petrovic would be a great deal for this team. Petrovic has a lot of untapped potential and I could actually see him battling Davidson for a spot on the 2nd pairing. I'd rather see that than force guys like Nurse and Reinhart into roles they're not ready for.

Pirri would be a good replacement for Yakupov but I would actually rather take a gamble on a veteran like Hudler or even Vrbata (who had some awful puck-luck last year).

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-RNH-Puljujarvi
Maroon-Draisaitl-Vrbata

That's a pretty decent looking top 9 forwards with a lot of mix and match potential. If they acquired Hudler, they could play Draisaitl on the right wing on the second line and then go with Maroon-Hudler-Puljujarvi as a third line which looks good on paper.

Florida is deep on defence so I could definitely see there being some truth to this rumour.

Jokinen is not 100% lock by NEXT off season in exp draft keep. Could keep 4 Dmen.
Crouse-McCann - Hawryluk etc all options for that second line spot (all free keeps I understand).

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 31m31 minutes ago
Source confirms there is ABSOLUTELY no validity to trade rumors involving D Alex Petrovic for Oilers F Nail Yakupov #flapanthers

So its a done deal then..

:laugh: Kinda of what I expected.

seems about right,
good god does mid summer suck :cry:

Alas, makes sense given that Petrovic just had a strong season and Yakupov's value is in the toilet.

I would still like to see us trade Yakupov for another buy-low candidate but alas, it looks like he'll be starting the season with the Oilers. Hopefully he can bounce back but I feel like that's not going to happen unless he moves to a different organization.

Continue

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Bring in Petrovic, nice size and makes the team harder to play against definitely.

Add either Versteeg or Pirri.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
I think Davidson is a better player than Petrovic, but this is the type of trade you make if available. Position of strength for position of weakness.

I would do Reinhart as well.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Where did all this Petrovic stuff come from?

I've been out of the loop for a few days.

For the record I'd do Yak for Petrovic in a heartbeat. Petro adds size grit and a cannon from the point. He's also just realizing his potential. We would have a young D-core but one with loads of potential.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Where did all this Petrovic stuff come from?

I've been out of the loop for a few days.

For the record I'd do Yak for Petrovic in a heartbeat. Petro adds size grit and a cannon from the point. He's also just realizing his potential. We would have a young D-core but one with loads of potential.

He started following Stauffer on twitter and vice versa

The reality is he's in town for a golf tournament and everybody read a little too far into it.

Still not a bad or unrealistic player to trade for

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Petrovic has extremely good advanced stats over the past 3 seasons at 5 on 5.

He's like top 30 in the NHL amongst dmen with 1000+ minutes played over that time span in terms of his GF/GA ratio relative to his teammates... and he's had a slight dzone push as well... so it's not like he's getting premier offensive time either.

He would be an excellent pickup for the Oilers.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Bring in Petrovic, nice size and makes the team harder to play against definitely.

Add either Versteeg or Pirri.

Is size really that much of a concern at this point? Particularly on the blue line, the Oilers are big.

Lucic (6'3, 233) - McDavid (6'1, 190) - Eberle (5'11, 180)
Pouliot (6'3, 200) - RNH (6,0, 190) - Puljujarvi (6'4, 203)
Maroon (6'3, 230) - Draisaitl (6'1, 215) - Yakupov (5'11, 195)
Hendricks (6'0, 207) - Letestu (5'10, 197) - Kassian (6'3, 217)

Klefbom (6'3, 215) - Larsson (6'3, 205)
Sekera (6'0, 198) - Fayne (6'3, 212)
Nurse (6'4, 213) - Davidson (6'2, 210)
Reinhart (6'4, 212)

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I like Gryba as well (and would be happy if the Oilers kept him as a 6/7 option)... but Petrovic is younger and has more upside... plus he's from Edmonton which is a bonus. :)

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Is size really that much of a concern at this point? Particularly on the blue line, the Oilers are big.

Lucic (6'3, 233) - McDavid (6'1, 190) - Eberle (5'11, 180)
Pouliot (6'3, 200) - RNH (6,0, 190) - Puljujarvi (6'4, 203)
Maroon (6'3, 230) - Draisaitl (6'1, 215) - Yakupov (5'11, 195)
Hendricks (6'0, 207) - Letestu (5'10, 197) - Kassian (6'3, 217)

Klefbom (6'3, 215) - Larsson (6'3, 205)
Sekera (6'0, 198) - Fayne (6'3, 212)
Nurse (6'4, 213) - Davidson (6'2, 210)
Reinhart (6'4, 212)

I stated harder to play against at the moment because he will use his body. At the moment he plays a more physical game than Reinhart definitely, perhaps Davidson as well.

Although like I have said before he has an i.q for the game as well for a defensive defenceman which pushes him ahead on the depth chart here easily.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Sekera-Larsson
Klefbom-Petrovic
Davidson-Gryba
Oesterle/Nurse/Reinhart

I like that set of 9 dmen... some size, skill and lots of potential.

There would be enough NHL caliber bodies there to keep Reinhart/Nurse developing in the AHL until ready.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
2015-16
East vs. West 227 - 177 - 44
West vs. East 221 - 181 - 46

East won the cup.

Think the whole West is Best thing is becoming outdated.

Not really, the depth of talented teams in the West is far wider. Philly, as an example, is barely a better team then the Oilers, makes the playoffs in the East, NYI, FLA, also not so good on the whole.

High end Eastern Conference teams seem to be competitive, the West is the better deeper conference.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Not really, the depth of talented teams in the West is far wider. Philly, as an example, is barely a better team then the Oilers, makes the playoffs in the East, NYI, FLA, also not so good on the whole.

High end Eastern Conference teams seem to be competitive, the West is the better deeper conference.

I agree that this is generally how it is now - the West is starting to muddle into a wider pool of 'good' teams, with the past greats of Chicago and LA looking a lot more mortal these days. However, I think you're selling Florida and NYI a little short here. I think in the Pacific they'd both be competing for a playoff spot, and Florida would have a shot in the Central too (though certainly not the favourites). I really like how Florida's come around the past few years. That leaves the East slightly more top-heavy, but IMO about equally competitive still. Even if the wild-card slots are easier to grab in the East, they're still getting pummeled pretty frequently by Washington, Tampa, and Pittsburgh.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I agree that this is generally how it is now - the West is starting to muddle into a wider pool of 'good' teams, with the past greats of Chicago and LA looking a lot more mortal these days. However, I think you're selling Florida and NYI a little short here. I think in the Pacific they'd both be competing for a playoff spot, and Florida would have a shot in the Central too (though certainly not the favourites). I really like how Florida's come around the past few years. That leaves the East slightly more top-heavy, but IMO about equally competitive still. Even if the wild-card slots are easier to grab in the East, they're still getting pummeled pretty frequently by Washington, Tampa, and Pittsburgh.
I'm not selling those teams short, they weren't very good, if they didn't play eachother, they likely wouldn't have been out in the first round. The Panthers looked bad against the Islanders and the Islander were soundly beaten by Tampa.

Again, the higher end of East is pretty competitive, the depth in the conference simply isn't there. It's why Philly makes the playoffs this year and the Sens last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad