Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Vermette being bought out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Three way deal

STL trades: Shattenkirk and Sobotka (7M)
STL receives: RNH and Lander (7M)

NYI trades: Pulock and Bailey (4.1M)
NYI receives: Shattenkirk and Bear (4.25M)

EDM trades: RNH, Lander, and Bear (7M)
EDM receives: Pulock, Bailey, and Sobotka (6.8M)

Yak, Reinhart, Fayne, 2017 1st for Edler, Hansen 2017 3rd (Money is very close going each way on this deal)

Lucic McDavid Eberle
Pouliot Draisaitl Maroon/Bailey
Bailey/Maroon Sobotka Hansen
Hendricks Letestu Kassian
Pakarinen

Edler Larsson
Klefbom Sekera
Davidson Pulock
Oesterle

Talbot
Gustavsson/Broissoit

Defense gets a lot better but the forwards take a bit of a hit, although Sobotka/Hansen/Bailey are all very capable middle 6 players.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think you're over rating teams checking line. Pou-RNH-Ebs should be facing the toughest lines and that's the Thornton, Crosby etc and not the 3rd line. As they are paid to. Drai line will face the easiest match ups while McDavid-Lucic can take care of themselves

if that model is so great then why doesn't every team do it? I know that we have a lot of very valuable forwards, and we could have first line quality forwards on the 3rd line, but not now. We are not comparable to Pittsburgh. Players like Draisaitl, Puljujarvi, RNH, Yakupov, Eberle and even McDavid are not in their primes. They are more valuable than a lot of forwards in the league, but a lot of that is based on potential. They don't match up well to the veteran, developed forwards in the league, who are better if we take a snapshot of the league today. We need to give our young guys favorable matchups until they are ready to take a more balanced usage. It's not just for the sake of wins, but for the sake of their development. That's why I don't get why Stauffer says we wouldn't consider Vermette. It's a joke that RNH is some veteran center here, to shelter McDavid and Draisaitl. He's 23. RNH got injured blocking a shot, so I'm surprised quite frankly that Stauffer wouldn't advocate getting a veteran center and putting RNH in the top six so he doesn't have to take that role again, like he inevitably would once McLellan shelters Draisaitl and McDavid again.

Avenger*

It's not sacrificing the team performance to try to ice three dangerous scoring lines. That's the complete opposite of sacrificing team performance. If the players feel alienated because we are trying to ice three dangerous scoring lines with good chemistry, then that's pretty freakin' sad.

Might be a logical point if yakupov actually posed any "danger" to the other team. :laugh:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
He is hard to play with...does that count? :D

not-the-bees-nicholas-cage.png

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
And yakupov doesn't do that either...

Eberle and Yakupov were equally effective with McDavid. Almost identical scoring rates and goals against rates. Only difference is Eberle had harder zones starts and posted higher corsi, but McDavid and Yak were the first 10 games of McDavid's career, hard to compare directly.

Avenger*

Whatever man. People are just mad that a player they despise is being talked about to play beside McDavid and throw all logic, and reason, out the window.

The reality is that playing yakupov in a top line role who has proven nothing with a career high 33 points lacks all "logic and reasoning".

The kid is a bust. How much longer does lack of performance need to continue before you understand that?

You clearly live in denial.

Avenger*

Eberle and Yakupov were equally effective with McDavid. Almost identical scoring rates and goals against rates. Only difference is Eberle had harder zones starts and posted higher corsi, but McDavid and Yak were the first 10 games of McDavid's career, hard to compare directly.

McDavid makes any player look good. The fact of the matter is that McDavid specifically stated that he enjoys playing with Eberle. it's time for yakupov to prove that he belongs in the top six, rather then gifting him those minutes in attempt to save his career.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
The reality is that playing yakupov in a top line role who has proven nothing with a career high 33 points lacks all "logic and reasoning".

The kid is a bust. How much longer does lack of performance need to continue before you understand that?

I fully expect Yakupov to personally blow your socks off this year.

Avenger*

I fully expect Yakupov to personally blow your socks off this year.

I fully expect that if yakupov is even on the roster this year that he will fail miserably, have a pissy attitude and then a swarm of yakupov empath's will make a hundred excuses for his unacceptable performance.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

The guy is 22 ****ing years old, and he had a fine rookie year. So if I don't stubbornly announce he's a bust I'm living in denial? C'mon. Clearly he hasn't lived up to his potential, but to give up on someone with his youth, and potential is ridiculously short sighted. I'm not saying he has to play with McDavid all year, and can't ever leave his side, but there's nothing wrong with him starting the season on that line and see how it goes. They played well together in their 10 games and showed tons of chemistry.

Yakupov isn't a detriment to McDavid, and if we can spread out our scoring to three good scoring lines, that is definitely something to consider.

Lucic-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-Nuge-Eberle
Maroon-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi

That looks like a heck of a top 9.

If Yak busts, he busts, but we damn well better do our due diligence on him. There's nothing wrong with trying him with McDavid again when all indication is the play well together. If it doesn't work out, oh well. No skin off our ass.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Whatever man. People are just mad that a player they despise is being talked about to play beside McDavid and throw all logic, and reason, out the window.

I doubt very much that anybody 'hates' Yak. Its more about recognizing his limitations and not being in denial.

His rookie year (in terms of goal scoring) was made better by a very fortuitous last 3 games. The rest of his year was meh at best. The last 3 games are over played big time around here.

Yak is a very hard player to play with because he doesnt think the game very well. Yak isnt a sniper because he cant seem to find holes consistently and when he does his shot isnt very accurate.

Yak cant play the tough minutes (or even the somewhat tough minutes) so it limits his usefulness.

Yak has along ways to go before he qualifies as a player that helps his team win. He is also at risk of being passed by Puljujarvi this season. Time for Yak to man up if he can.

Last edited:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I fully expect that if yakupov is even on the roster this year that he will fail miserably, have a pissy attitude and then a swarm of yakupov empath's will make a hundred excuses for his unacceptable performance.

It's like you want him to fail, and will enjoy every minute of it. :shakehead

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I doubt very much that anybody 'hates' Yak. Its more about recognizing his limitations and not being in denial.

Yak is a very hard player to play with because he doesnt think the game very well. Yak isnt a sniper because he cant seem to find holes consistently and when he does his shoot isnt very accurate.

Yak cant play the tough minutes (or even the somewhat tough minutes) so it limits his usefulness.

Yak has along ways to go before he qualifies as a player that helps his team win.

No the hate is real.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

No, there are definitely people on this site who hate Yakupov. Not everyone sure, and probably not even the majority, but there are. Some of the posts I've seen directed towards him on this board are vile. I don't care for the blanket statements that anyone who wants to give him time, and patience are blinded by denial. There are certainly people here that refuse to see realities, but there are also lots of moderates who would like to see this player through. I think that's a reasonable stance, and I'm willing to see how things shake out this year.

Avenger*

The guy is 22 ****ing years old, and he had a fine rookie year. So if I don't stubbornly announce he's a bust I'm living in denial? C'mon. Clearly he hasn't lived up to his potential, but to give up on someone with his youth, and potential is ridiculously short sighted. I'm not saying he has to play with McDavid all year, and can't ever leave his side, but there's nothing wrong with him starting the season on that line and see how it goes. They played well together in their 10 games and showed tons of chemistry.

Yakupov isn't a detriment to McDavid, and if we can spread out our scoring to three good scoring lines, that is definitely something to consider.

Lucic-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-Nuge-Eberle
Maroon-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi

That looks like a heck of a top 9.

If Yak busts, he busts, but we damn well better do our due diligence on him. There's nothing wrong with trying him with McDavid again when all indication is the play well together. If it doesn't work out, oh well. No skin off our ass.

It doesn't work that way. The NHL is a "show me" league. Yakupov has been in the NHL for four years now as a #1 overall pick. He's not a second round d-man. I'm done seeing excuses being made for this kid.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
No, there are definitely people on this site who hate Yakupov. Not everyone sure, and probably not even the majority, but there are. Some of the posts I've seen directed towards him on this board are vile. I don't care for the blanket statements that anyone who wants to give him time, and patience are blinded by denial. There are certainly people here that refuse to see realities, but there are also lots of moderates who would like to see this player through. I think that's a reasonable stance, and I'm willing to see how things shake out this year.

Vile? Thats quite dramatic. I dont think I have ever seen a 'vile' post directed at Yak.

I think part of the problem is that some posters don't like seeing anything negative (no matter how accurate it is) about their boy Yak.

I for one would like to see Yak succeed...I am just not under any illusions about what he brings to the table.

There really seems to be a major disconnect between the player Yak thinks he is and the player he needs to become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad