Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Vermette being bought out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger*

And take stupid penalties.

Pou is still an effective complimentary player. Same as Yak. Not ready to let him go for nothing like some of these guys are suggesting. Take out Yak, we are down to 2 scoring lines. Pak and Kassian just don't cut it

Yak is only a "complimentary player" under perfect circumstances. The minute he faces adversity he becomes a black hole. That's definitly the type of player I want on my team. Never even mind come playoffs if that ever happens again. :handclap:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
And yakupov apologists keep mentioning his age despite his draft pedigree and time in the league like I'm not aware of that either.

Tell me what elements yakupov brings to the team other then goals against? He's definitely a sniper with his massive eight goals last season when McDavid was carrying him. A players apparent "talent" means nothing if it cannot be applied on the ice.

Not getting traded? Apparently the GM and several of us still see the value in keeping Yak.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
And take stupid penalties.

Pou is still an effective complimentary player. Same as Yak. Not ready to let him go for nothing like some of these guys are suggesting. Take out Yak, we are down to 2 scoring lines. Pak and Kassian just don't cut it

I'm not a fan of Pouliot at all, but I'm not so short sighted that I'm unable to see the upside of having him on one of three scoring lines. If it was up to me, he'd be on my hypothetical third line, but his chemsitry with Nuge, and Eberle is too good to ignore. It's the same reason I like having a big guy on every line.

Lucic
Pouliot
Maroon
Kassian

Spreads that size around. It's a good balance. That's why I think Yak on McDavid's line could work. It creates good balance throughout the lineup. I don't know what the big deal is. :dunno:

I see three more excuses. Keep them coming. Poor yakupov is so hard done by but yet others playing on the same team under the same circumstances are still putting up points. Boo hoo.

Talent means nothing if you can't apply it.

And there are also players who are late bloomers, take some time to figure out where they fit in the NHL, and those who don't put up points until a little later on in their careers. It's almost as if progression isn't excruciatingly linear.

Avenger*

Not getting traded? Apparently the GM and several of us still see the value in keeping Yak.

Because a player that can't be traded due to having zero value is an asset to the organization...

Yakupov hasn't been moved because it's not possible to do so and bring back anything that would matter, not because je's valuable :laugh:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
You can walk away from this conversation any time you like. I'm not forcing you to read my comments, especially because it's such a waste of your precious time that you continue to respond regardless...

The reason is that you do not gift players minutes that do not deserve them. I'll give you another comparison because you still fail to grasp that. A Spoiled unbaheved child shouldn't be gifted ice cream. That is rewarding them for being bad (in yakupovs case playing poorly).

Understand now?

Dump yakupov and bring in a player that can contribute on the third line. The top six is already full of players that don't require McDavid to contribute SOMETHING to the team.

Let's continue to beat around the bush and act like yakupov supporters never make excuses for his lack of production though. By all means, I have all night.

Dump Yak and bring in who? What package are we trading to upgrade on Yak? Until Chia actually makes those moves then we will know.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I see three more excuses. Keep them coming. Poor yakupov is so hard done by but yet others playing on the same team under the same circumstances are still putting up points. Boo hoo.

Talent means nothing if you can't apply it.

Talent means nothing if the guys you're playing with are Mark Letestu and Lauri Korpikoski. The only thing Korpse is applying this year is for an unemployment cheque.

And **** calling it an excuse, I'm giving you reasoning. Players aren't drones, they're human beings that have to adapt. A lot of teams shy away from Russian-born players for that very reason. Sure we've had a few elite guys who've performed admirably despite the train-wreck that's been our development/coaching system over the past half decade. That doesn't mean that you should expect every player to come out of it unscathed.

Nobody's expecting the kid to light the world on fire this year, but many people are confident he can replicate some of the offense he produced in the first 20 games of last season on a line with McDavid.

Avenger*

And there are also players who are late bloomers, take some time to figure out where they fit in the NHL, and those who don't put up points until a little later on in their careers. It's almost as if progression isn't excruciatingly linear.

Yakupov can "figure it out" some where else.

It's time to move on and start meeting expectations as a team.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Because a player that can't be traded due to having zero value is an asset to the organization...

Yakupov hasn't been moved because it's not possible to do so and bring back anything that would matter, not because je's valuable :laugh:

You answered your own question.Yak has no value and we have no better option on RW so we have to play him. And if we are going to play him, you play him with McDavid to boost his value.

Avenger*

Dump Yak and bring in who? What package are we trading to upgrade on Yak? Until Chia actually makes those moves then we will know.

At this point, I could really care less what yakupov brings. I'd move him for future considerations because I value cap space more then his spot on the roster.

I'm tired of losing and keeping players that contribute to that. Apparently you aren't.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
based on Jets having issues signing Trouba and Drai-Morissey chemistry of juniors:

To EDM: Trouba + Morissey
To WPG: Eberle + Nurse

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
It appears that some here need a break from this thread. It's at 1000 anyways, someone can start a new one tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->