Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Vermette being bought out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
And the Wild looked pretty terrible to me this year. I'd put the Isles and Panthers in the same tier as them. So one less 'weak' team in the West in this year's playoffs. I think the Rangers and Wings are better than all of the above still too (this year, anyway). I think the depth difference exists, its just not that substantial. Certainly not to the point of 'better watch out getting that eastern player, they're going to crumble in the west!'.

As for Petrovic, we could use his shot I suppose, but I'd rather just keep Yak for forward depth than make another trade for a guy with no real offensive chops. Sign a cheap, meh option like Wiz instead. Cheap deal for Wideman, something like that. We have enough defensive dmen already.

I should have followed up on that, sorry. The Wild are the Oilers with Ryan Suter and a few more veteran forwards. They aren't a good "team", he's just such a good defenseman it has that level of impact.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I should have followed up on that, sorry. The Wild are the Oilers with Ryan Suter and a few more veteran forwards. They aren't a good "team", he's just such a good defenseman it has that level of impact.

No worries. I'm awful for forgetting to respond until it's far too late to be relevant.

I disagree about the Wild though. They're not the Oilers + Suter, they're their own special brand of bad: an ever-growing collection of old mediocrity (of course they signed Eric Staal) ... carried by Ryan Suter :laugh:.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
No worries. I'm awful for forgetting to respond until it's far too late to be relevant.

I disagree about the Wild though. They're not the Oilers + Suter, they're their own special brand of bad: an ever-growing collection of old mediocrity (of course they signed Eric Staal) ... carried by Ryan Suter :laugh:.

:laugh: Fair enough, I can agree with that. I think we both agree, they are a very bad team without Suter.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Source: Yakupov has been told to expect to start the season in YEG

Has a mod verified your source? Not expecting you to divulge any names, but I can't recall you predicting anything prior to now.

If true, that's good news to me. I'd love to see Yak turn it around for us, even if the odds are low.

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
Has a mod verified your source? Not expecting you to divulge any names, but I can't recall you predicting anything prior to now.

If true, that's good news to me. I'd love to see Yak turn it around for us, even if the odds are low.

I havent made any before, new source to me. So we will see if it pans out I guess.
If a mod wants to PM me they can.

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
"expect to start the season in YEG" isn't a statement that means anything.

That's the message for everyone until it isn't.

Yep you are correct. I just thought its interesting for a player that has requested a trade.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I thought he had towards the end of last season? I must have missed something then!

He was making a GoT joke - the joke being Roose Bolton was poisoned by Ramsay Bolton. The idea being that if you repeat a lie enough it becomes true :).

Not Robin Brownlee

The docile tones!
Nov 17, 2008

Source: Its july. who cares, lets talk about something.

Bastulon

Jul 11, 2014
Canada
"Nail yakupov has not requested a trade" - chia

Has become the equivalent of:

"Roose Bolton was poisoned
by his enemies" - ramsay bolton

The True Warden of the North was poisoned by his enemies, though :sarcasm:

Seriously though, keep Yak until he scores with McDavid and then dump him b4 expansion draft

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
He was making a GoT joke - the joke being Roose Bolton was poisoned by Ramsay Bolton. The idea being that if you repeat a lie enough it becomes true :).

Oh well. I havent seen a single ep of GOT! So that makes sense haha. Thanks

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
The source was a bad translation from a bad report, from a russian tabloid.

Then it just spread like wildfire.

I don't think it was a bad translation. Where did that come from? He went into some detail with a Russian reporter about how he requested a trade, he had his bags packed, and then nothing happened. Made it sound like Chiarelli had a trade lined up and then it fell apart at the last second for whatever reason.

Igor Eronko @IgorEronko

Nail Yakupov: 'I asked a trade and #Oilers gave a permission to speak to other teams, about 8 of them were interested, but smth went wrong'

From Yahoo Sports

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n...ded-trade-from-edmonton-oilers-232945318.html

When you came to a point to get traded, was there any ground to think it would happen?

“Absolutely. As far as I know trade has come very close. I've been out of a suitcase. Me and my agent Igor Larionov were given permission to talk to other teams. A number of teams were interested. But at the last moment something went wrong. And I'm still here.â€

Did you request a trade?
“Yes, I did. But not in person, my job is just to play hockey. Agent was dealing with this.â€

Gregor talking to Larionov:

Gregor: Igor, you were given permission to talk to some other teams and I was told there was some clear interest and a deal was possibly close. How close was there to being an actual deal from your understanding?

Larionov: Well, I had a talk with [Peter] Chiarelli before the deadline so we talked about it and kept it private. There was no need to make any noise, so I asked for that permission and he gave me that permission. I talked to a couple of teams, and I’m not going to name them. It was good interest from three different teams. At the end of the day Edmonton decides who they are going to get in return. So there has got to be value for Nail and I was just asking carefully so I could take a look and give them a chance, maybe give them some fresh air to play. It’s not like I asked them to just give, for the last fifteen games of the season, sixteen minutes of ice time to showcase him in case you want to move him in the summer time.

Gregor: Do you expect a trade to occur this summer?

Larionov: You know what, we’re not going to demand ‘trade me or I’m not coming back’ -- it’s not to that stage. We obviously are civilized people and it’s about trying to find a solution. We are talking about a young player’s career and obviously there are many interests for the Edmonton Oilers in what they want to do. So, if Nail goes back in the last four games and scores five or six goals and he’d been happy there...

As I’ve said before in the previous interviews, he’s been coming to Edmonton in the middle of July to train, to do some community work in Edmonton with the fans, with the children who play hockey in the city. He likes the city, he wants to be there, but I think he wants to be more utilized and he wants to be successful with that team. There’s no way he is, like I said, there is no turning point, ‘No I’m not going to go back.’ It’s kind of like for him right now to be recognized and appreciated, that’s all it’s about.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
It's pretty crazy that Russell is still out there given the numbers that were being thrown around on free agency day (5 years, $5M+ per year). He is definitely turning into this year's Franson. At what number does it become worthwhile kicking tires on Russell?

I know his advanced stats are ugly but if he was willing to sign a one year deal for $4M, I'd have to consider it. He doesn't solve our issue of a powerplay defenceman but he would be a decent #4/5 guy who could potentially insulate us if Davidson regresses and one of Nurse or Reinhart doesn't step up.

Klefbom-Sekera
Russell-Larsson
Davidson-Fayne

If Nurse or Reinhart show well in camp and Fayne didn't impress in camp, Fayne would get shipped back down to the AHL.

I would be okay with that defence for a season assuming we'd going with a forward on the point for top powerplay unit.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'd rather Yak start the season with Edmonton then trade him for a 5th. There's still hope for him to become a decent top 9 player but he will never live up to his 1st OA status.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
It's pretty crazy that Russell is still out there given the numbers that were being thrown around on free agency day (5 years, $5M+ per year). He is definitely turning into this year's Franson. At what number does it become worthwhile kicking tires on Russell?

I know his advanced stats are ugly but if he was willing to sign a one year deal for $4M, I'd have to consider it. He doesn't solve our issue of a powerplay defenceman but he would be a decent #4/5 guy who could potentially insulate us if Davidson regresses and one of Nurse or Reinhart doesn't step up.

Klefbom-Sekera
Russell-Larsson
Davidson-Fayne

If Nurse or Reinhart show well in camp and Fayne didn't impress in camp, Fayne would get shipped back down to the AHL.

I would be okay with that defence for a season assuming we'd going with a forward on the point for top powerplay unit.

Give him a two year deal at half decent money without a NMC so we can expose him for the expansion draft. 4.5M over 2 years should get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig