Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread Part IV: Lucic willing to sign here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
We do not trade Nurse for Barrie that just feels completely counter productive. I would be hesitant to trade Reinhart.

We really don't know what we got with either yet and won't for at least two more years. Barrie is not a top pairing guy and unlikely to be one. Otherwise Colarado would just sign him for whatever it takes.

Either of those guys could end up much better.

LOL. If Nurse and Reinhart combine to produce as much offense as Barrie, I'll eat my chapeau.

Plus we have too much cap space in forwards at the moment.

Trading a lesser piece for a D man like Barrie gives you the flexibility to send out one of the big ticket forwards in a quality-for-quantity trade or for a better D than Barrie.

Plus we have to think draft protection.

People are really overstating the impact of the expansion draft here.

Plus keeping cap friendly guys should be a priority as well.

What's the point of keeping cap-friendly guys if they are unlikely to be contributors in the short term?

If we get Barrie I hope it's for established guys on sizeable contracts.

And why would Colorado take a big contract if they are trading Barrie because of his contract ask?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Would Sekera waive his NMC for Montreal? I think the Habs might be very hot for Dubois. How much more would you have to add to Sekera and Dubois for Subban?

Maybe something like Sekera, Dubois, Yakupov for Subban

Hall and Reinhart for McDonaugh and Nash

RNH or Eberle for a 2nd pair RHD + (maybe RNH for Savard and Atkinson/Foligno)

McDonaugh Subban
Klefbom Savard
Davidson

Top 5 defense in the league?

Hall or Draisaitl have to be going to Montreal in any deal for Subban. No exceptions.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Would Sekera waive his NMC for Montreal? I think the Habs might be very hot for Dubois. How much more would you have to add to Sekera and Dubois for Subban?

McDonaugh Subban
Klefbom Savard
Davidson

I doubt Sekera would waive after just signing his deal. I hate the idea of trading both Hall and RNH, 3 first overall picks sent away in 1 summer stings. 3 years of **** hockey and all the hope that went with it out the door in one fell swoop. McDonaugh + Subban as a top pairing is pretty enticing though.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

McDonaugh Subban
Klefbom Savard
Davidson

Is Subbans contract tooo cray cray?

I'm not sure.

I'd have to think about it because I think it means building around a smaller group of players. Though it's more balanced to have that franchise D I just don't know if he's 3-5 million dollars better than Klefbom and the depth you could add or keep with that cap space.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
What would Arizona be willing to move for the 4th or would they?

I wouldn't be too broken up about the 7 spot.

well apparently they are shopping Hanzal. Could be an interesting player to get. He would be a perfect 3C, but would probably be our 2C next season because he's just that good.

If he wants to stay, we could convince him to wait until after expansion to re-sign then it's like a free protection spot.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I would deal Drai for PKM in a heartbeat

Me too. Unfortunately I think it would be something like Drai, Klef/Nurse, 4OA for Subban and 9OA.

Hell, I'd still do that without hesitation. Use 9OA to take one of the defencemen.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
We do not trade Nurse for Barrie that just feels completely counter productive. I would be hesitant to trade Reinhart.

We really don't know what we got with either yet and won't for at least two more years. Barrie is not a top pairing guy and unlikely to be one. Otherwise Colarado would just sign him for whatever it takes.

Either of those guys could end up much better.

Plus we have too much cap space in forwards at the moment.

Plus we have to think draft protection.

Plus keeping cap friendly guys should be a priority as well.

If we get Barrie I hope it's for established guys on sizeable contracts.

Reinhart is beyond useless - ill trade him for just about anything at this point.
I can't believe we A) traded for him B) Paid that much. The Oilers had to have watched him with the Oil Kings right? He was so overrated

I'd easily move Nurse for Barrie. Reinhart, no question, but like the poster above I think he is generally useless.

Barrie is easily a top-4 guy, and might even be a top-pairing guy. He has the offense Nurse is unlikely to ever have and gives us a RHD that can play on the PP and is only 24.

When you have the left-handed defensemen depth the Oilers do, I'm comfortable moving Nurse for a RHD like Barrie. Plus potentially adding a LHD like Sergachev or Chychrun or Juolevi and it makes a lot of sense to think about moving a younger player like Nurse.
I would make this move quite easily

What would Arizona be willing to move for the 4th or would they?

I wouldn't be too broken up about the 7 spot.
A 2nd at most. ARI fans like every other team drafting after 5 don't think there's a big difference between Tkachuk, PLD, Nylander, Sergachev, Joulevi, Brown, and Chycrun

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Me too. Unfortunately I think it would be something like Drai, Klef/Nurse, 4OA for Subban and 9OA.

Hell, I'd still do that without hesitation. Use 9OA to take one of the defencemen.

I'd do the bold for Subban+9th no questions asked.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I would hope that any trade for Subban would involve Montreal retaining salary.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008

I think this is one of the most realistic deals I have seen involving PK
Offers I have seen on HF have just been crazy

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Not what I hope will happen. But what I think will happen.

Hall-Draisaitl-Wingels
Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Maroon-Nielson-Kassian
Hendricks-Letestu-Pakarinen

Klefbom-Barrie
Sekera-???
Davidson-Nurse
Gryba

???=Trade from Pouliot
Don't think the Oilers have much Interest in Demers since Stauffer rarely/never mentions him on his show.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I can't believe we A) traded for him B) Paid that much. The Oilers had to have watched him with the Oil Kings right? He was so overrated

I would make this move quite easily

A 2nd at most. ARI fans like every other team drafting after 5 don't think there's a big difference between Tkachuk, PLD, Nylander, Sergachev, Joulevi, Brown, and Chycrun

If a team needs a dman then the 4th isn't important if they want the best fwd then there is a big difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad