Votes: 10 3.4%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 18.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 17 5.8%

• Total voters

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
It f***ing sucks, but I mentioned that McCagg said the Habs might have interest in Beckett like 2 weeks ago.

I think the Habs trade back a few spots and grab him, unless they fall to 7th.

That's my opinion
I don't think they'll trade back. This could be our last year picking in the top 10 in the HuGo regime. With all the depth and draft pick capital they have accumulated, they need to make this pick count and get the player they want.

Reactions: waitin425

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I mean Sennecke put up 59 points in his last 43 including playoffs, for a 93 point pace. Saying he's only scored 68 in 63 is only looking at half the picture.

Kinda like someone saying Slaf's 50pts is not that impressive, while ignoring majority of it came in the second half of the season.

Screen-Shot-2024-05-02-at-7-41-58-AM.png

the numbahs!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I mean, he's not wrong, although you can argue with what Dach has done so far (or not), that he's been a disappointment for 3rd overall, but you can't deny that injuries have completely derailed his development and that everybody sees the crazy potential. Plus Dach was a centre and Sennecke is a winger. Anyways, interesting comparison.

Scoring isn't even close to being comparable.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
With Sennecke coming on, we now have Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla and Sennecke I'd be fine walking away from the draft with at our pick. Really happy with the way things are shaking out.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Catton - 5'11, 170ish pounds.
Electric skater.
Insane desire to perform.
Coachable and works on his weaknesses.
High character.
High skill.

He's still on the menu, boys.

I wasn't sold on Catton at all and had him behind a few other prospects in my own list but Marco's article makes me reconsider. His desire to learn and become better is impressive and is exactly what our team is looking into.

I wouldn't be against the Habs picking him at all.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I mean Sennecke put up 59 points in his last 43 including playoffs, for a 93 point pace. Saying he's only scored 68 in 63 is only looking at half the picture.

Kinda like someone saying Slaf's 50pts is not that impressive, while ignoring majority of it came in the second half of the season.

Screen-Shot-2024-05-02-at-7-41-58-AM.png

the numbahs!

I calculated 62 points in his last 44 games (26 Goals, 36 Assists) including his last 30 regular season games and his 14 playoff games...That's a 1.41 point per game average. Had he been producing at that rate from the start of the season, he would definitely be in the conversation for Top 5-7....and he still might anyways.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
With Sennecke coming on, we now have Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, Iginla and Sennecke I'd be fine walking away from the draft with at our pick. Really happy with the way things are shaking out.

Catton is still in the mix. Outside chance of Eiserman and Helenius being considered, as well.

We will get a great forward, will the entire board be happy with who we pick? Probably not if it isn't Demidov, but I think we'll be happy in the end.

I wasn't sold on Catton at all and had him behind a few other prospects in my own list but Marco's article makes me reconsider. His desire to learn and become better is impressive and is exactly what our team is looking into.

It's something we know they value highly.. in the article he said he saw himself as a winger in the NHL, that he is good defensively but he knows he needs to be better in that area. He's self-aware unlike Eiserman. That's coachability.

Anyone has a chance to watch Justin Poirier ? Is he that good ? One-dimensional player ?

https://www.tvasports.ca/2024/05/02...ns-la-lnh-tout-devra-etre-remis-en-question-1

Little bit of a mean streak, he's small but a bowling ball build, one of the best shooters in the draft. But yes very uni-dimensional. He's a candidate for our 3rd or the Colorado 2nd.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

People are putting far too much weight into this interview. Every player will say the same things. They're all getting groomed for their Combine interviews.

Anyone going in the 1st round should have strong desire to learn. Wright said all the same things in similar interviews a couple of years ago and had posters here drooling but at the end of the day his playoff performance and lack of progress in his draft year dropped him from a slam dunk #1 all the way to #4.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
My latest draft using the Sim, returned the following top 5 picks for us. I'd take this. Ottawa won 2nd overall.

6. Lindstrom
27. Sennecke
58. Raoul Boilard
70. EJ Emery
78. Harrison Brunicke

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
People are putting far too much weight into this interview. Every player will say the same things. They're all getting groomed for their Combine interviews.

Anyone going in the 1st round should have strong desire to learn. Wright said all the same things in similar interviews a couple of years ago and had posters here drooling but at the end of the day his playoff performance and lack of progress in his draft year dropped him from a slam dunk #1 all the way to #4.

Eiserman didn't.

• Love
Reactions: Rozz and Deebs

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
My latest draft using the Sim, returned the following top 5 picks for us. I'd take this. Ottawa won 2nd overall.

6. Lindstrom
27. Sennecke
58. Raoul Boilard
70. EJ Emery
78. Harrison Brunicke
If we ever got Lindstrom and Sennecke in the same draft without trading any of Suzuki, Dach, Slaf, Caufield, Reinbacher or Guhle, I'd be ok if Youppi made the rest of our picks.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I don't think they'll trade back. This could be our last year picking in the top 10 in the HuGo regime. With all the depth and draft pick capital they have accumulated, they need to make this pick count and get the player they want.
Yes, but that 2nd round they can use in with another pick, or prospect to make that trade to get a player ready now.

More assets isn't a bad thing. If the Habs feel the player they have available at 5 that they like will still be there at let's 8, or 9, why not ? Or if they like 3 players and they believe 1 will be there, why not ?

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

Not all prospect can say they've been practising with goalie coaches to get a better understanding of their weaknesses. This is dedication.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Yes, but that 2nd round they can use in with another pick, or prospect to make that trade to get a player ready now.

More assets isn't a bad thing. If the Habs feel the player they have available at 5 that they like will still be there at let's 8, or 9, why not ? Or if they like 3 players and they believe 1 will be there, why not ?
Because there will always be one player that they like more than the others. They should grab that player to make the cores as strong as possible and so another team doesn't get him. We need quality and this Habs management group doesn't plan to be in the bottom 5 ever again.

Agreed that more assets isn't a bad thing but we have ton of young assets and futures. They need to prioritize quality with this pick.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
175lbs but still easily pushed off the puck by one hand in the WHL. I just don’t see the apparent strength increase.

Reactions: TheBuriedHab

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Not all prospect can say they've been practising with goalie coaches to get a better understanding of their weaknesses. This is dedication.
U11 teams now have their goalie coaches working with the forwards and D on goaltending tendencies and science of scoring.

Reactions: Hansman

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes