Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Our Offseason Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
I had no idea they were 18th...I figured like 26th. Jesus did we really do that much worse than Carolina?

Carolina is a very underrated and well coach team. Good Face-off team that is big strong puck possession team that lacks some high end talent. Everyone plays the team game and backchecks.

They are a top line and a #1 goalie away from being a big threat in the east.

They are pretty much a modern 90-00's oilers tbh

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013

Also a reported front runner on #1 NCAA FA Troy Stecher

Both from UND where Simpson is from.

Would both be solid adds for our prospect pool. 51 points in 39 games (25 goals). Seems like an Eberle type guy, maybe even a replacement if all goes right

Caggiula is ISS's top rated college free agent this year so he would definitely be a solid pick up. Although I see him going to Chicago.

It's cool seeing Stecher getting some love, I thought he had a chance of being drafted in 2012 but he was very small at the time iirc.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Caggiula is ISS's top rated college free agent this year so he would definitely be a solid pick up. Although I see him going to Chicago.

It's cool seeing Stecher getting some love, I thought he had a chance of being drafted in 2012 but he was very small at the time iirc.

We already have two of the top 5 in our system now with Ellis and Benik. 3 of the top 3 would be a dream.

workedforme

Oct 20, 2006
The + in that offer would have to be huge. Faulk is a fringe top 10 d man signed for under 5 mil until 2020. If the deal had to be Nuge and our pick if it was outside the top 2 I'd probably still do it though, Faulk would make our PP one of the best in the league instantly.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The + in that offer would have to be huge. Faulk is a fringe top 10 d man signed for under 5 mil until 2020. If the deal had to be Nuge and our pick if it was outside the top 2 I'd probably still do it though, Faulk would make our PP one of the best in the league instantly.

It really wouldn't because despite how Nuge can be treated around here, he's hardly worthless.

NoDust33

Apr 11, 2016

That would be an inexplicable overpay

workedforme

Oct 20, 2006
It really wouldn't because despite how Nuge can be treated around here, he's hardly worthless.

I'm not saying he's worthless at all,I love the guy, I just don't think you're getting the Canes best player for Nugent Hopkins, the + would have to be considerable.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

I'd give up RNH+ for Faulk, but I wouldn't give up RNH + a top 5 pick for him alone. If it were a mid-1st round pick I'd consider it.

I just think for all of his PP goals, I'm not a fan of how many goals against he's on the ice for. Is he one of those players that bleeds as many goals as he creates, resulting in a player that costs you a lot of money because of his production but doesn't really improve your chances of winning? It's not like having him in the lineup has resulted in more wins for Carolina.

Though to be fair, the same criticism could be leveled towards RNH so I suppose that evens out.

NoDust33

Apr 11, 2016
I'd give up RNH+ for Faulk, but I wouldn't give up RNH + a top 5 pick for him alone. If it were a mid-1st round pick I'd consider it.

I just think for all of his PP goals, I'm not a fan of how many goals against he's on the ice for. Is he one of those players that bleeds as many goals as he creates, resulting in a player that costs you a lot of money because of his production but doesn't really improve your chances of winning? It's not like having him in the lineup has resulted in more wins for Carolina.

Though to be fair, the same criticism could be leveled towards RNH so I suppose that evens out.

I think that's a fair assessment. I don't think Carolina, and specifically Faulk make a good trade partner for Edmonton. His REAL value probably lies somewhere in between Hall and Nugent-Hopkins. He would be great to have, but disregarding the fact that it appears most oiler fans are significantly undervaluing their own players, Carolina would likely not trade Faulk straight up for Nugent-Hopkins and anything more of substance the oilers would have to add would limit how this trade improves the oilers. Trading Hall for Faulk probably doesn't improve the oilers so what's the point? Hall would then be a very difficult player to replace.

Faulk is an excellent offensive defenceman but at this point in his career he is likely not that top pairing minute crunching guy he is being made out to be.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm not saying he's worthless at all,I love the guy, I just don't think you're getting the Canes best player for Nugent Hopkins, the + would have to be considerable.

The Canes have a significant need for a center without Eric Staal, Nuge is young and excellent fit. They also have a ton of young defensemen on the roster.

Again, I agree he has more value, but it's not so much that the + has too be a lot.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Since when has Faulk turned into Eric Karlsson?

Some of you guys wanna give up 2017 first + Hall + more. You could probably get PK for this.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Since when has Faulk turned into Eric Karlsson?

Some of you guys wanna give up 2017 first + Hall + more. You could probably get PK for this.

Faulk is not that good. Some people are just desperate beyond the point of sanity for defence.

We can fix the D without giving up multiple high end pieces. One plus minor adds gets it done.

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
Boy, Faulk is reeeeally getting underrated here. I'd do Hall and then some, without question.

Legit #1 in my mind. Great on the PP, right handed, 24 years old, and 4.8 mil until 2020. All things considered, I would take him over Subban.

NoDust33

Apr 11, 2016
One player I have wondered about that no one seems to talk about, for obvious reasons, is Victor Hedman.

Although the Lightning would probably trade numerous other players before Hedman, his contract is up next year and if you could assemble a trade where you replenish the Lightning with some good young cheap players...top 5 pick, nurse, reinhart, Yakupov among available assets...is there any way he could be moved this summer?

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
One player I have wondered about that no one seems to talk about, for obvious reasons, is Victor Hedman.

Although the Lightning would probably trade numerous other players before Hedman, his contract is up next year and if you could assemble a trade where you replenish the Lightning with some good young cheap players...top 5 pick, nurse, reinhart, Yakupov among available assets...is there any way he could be moved this summer?

I guess you never know, but I think he's about as untouchable as it gets for the Lightning.

NoDust33

Apr 11, 2016
Boy, Faulk is reeeeally getting underrated here. I'd do Hall and then some, without question.

Legit #1 in my mind. Great on the PP, right handed, 24 years old, and 4.8 mil until 2020. All things considered, I would take him over Subban.

underrated? Obviously his offensive capabilities are known, but he is not a well rounded player. In my opinion, a player does not constitute being a #1 defenseman if he does not excel at all aspects of the game.

Many of the things you listed would make him a great fit on the Oilers. However, I do believe you are seriously overvaluing what they would actually contribute to the team when you factor in the loss of a dynamic attacking presence on forward.

NoDust33

Apr 11, 2016
I guess you never know, but I think he's about as untouchable as it gets for the Lightning.

It will be interesting to see how it develops, I would have thought the same about Stamkos a year ago. If replacing the contracts of Stamkos and Hedman (who is due a big raise next year) allows them to keep a successful core in place and continue to add to it, I think its something Yzerman will have to entertain.

Jun 9, 2011
Seth Jones needs to be reunited with his brother. I wonder if there is anything we could offer them I read somewhere Jones was benched for a second period. That's how it started with Johansen isn't it? Benched then out the door. :sarcasm:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Seth Jones needs to be reunited with his brother. I wonder if there is anything we could offer them I read somewhere Jones was benched for a second period. That's how it started with Johansen isn't it? Benched then out the door. :sarcasm:

It would be crazy if chia decided not to trade nuge and convinced jarmo to trade for jones so he could trade for him at the draft.

Edm gets there d. Jarmo gets the twin blades of Finnish justice. Winnipeg/ottawa/montreal gets Matthews. Toronto gets a tears sandwhich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad