Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Our Offseason Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I proposed Yak + 2nd for Dumba. Hes not the answer right now. But man he possesses some skill we could really use. Hed be an interesting buy low candidate. He plays a similar game to Vat, but younger and much cheaper

Nothing wrong with your trade proposal in terms of value, but personally I'm a bit leery on peddling away 2nd round picks until we figure out which 2nd round pick this year or next is being given up for the Chiarelli compensation, I think we're still owing for that?

And again, just my opinion but I'm not a big fan of Dumba. His talent will remind you of a young PK Subban sometimes, but his hockey sense makes him do some really odd things on occasion.

I guess I watched too many boneheaded decisions by him at the junior level that it scarred me for years. :laugh:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Nothing wrong with your trade proposal in terms of value, but personally I'm a bit leery on peddling away 2nd round picks until we figure out which 2nd round pick this year or next is being given up for the Chiarelli compensation, I think we're still owing for that?

And again, just my opinion but I'm not a big fan of Dumba. His talent will remind you of a young PK Subban sometimes, but his hockey sense makes him do some really odd things on occasion.

I guess I watched too many boneheaded decisions by him at the junior level that it scarred me for years. :laugh:

Ive heard a fair share of concern about his bone head plays. But IMO I could handle them as long as hes providing good offense and making great outlet passes to the forwards. Risk/reward for me. And if he ever figures it all out upstairs hell be great

Ive seen some reports of him during a good 10 game stretch where he was amazing, then a 10 game stretch where he was AHL level and making horrible mistakes. If you are dealing Yak, atleast you get a good upside D for him

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Now that is very interesting.

I wonder how much sway the chance to be NHL teammates would have with those guys?

IIRC only us and Van are reportedly in on both.

Even if we dont get them, its good to know Chia is going hard for college FAs. Runner up on Lyon, landed Nick Ellis, in on these two. Maybe former captain Simpson being in AHL will be a big draw for them. But then again Boeser is a Van pick

Caggiula is a smaller forward, but plays with tremendous effort and grit. He makes life miserable for the opposition on the forecheck and plays a strong two-way game. He's having a sensational senior season as a linemate of first round NHL picks Brock Boeser and Nick Schmaltz. It's unlikely he is the same type of scorer at the next level, but would make an outstanding bottom six energy player.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I don't get why people want to keep adding more top six forwards. Our top six is fine with Mcdavid, RNH, Draisaitl, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Pouliuot and Maroon, not to mention we will probably be drafting one of Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi or Tkachuck. That leaves us with 3 expendable pieces to get to top 4 RD and a new third line. Not to mention free agency.

I think we will see a minimum of 5 new players added this offseason. 2 top 4 RD, a 3rd line C and RW and a backup goalie. Plus the 2016 draft pick will be on the second line.

Lineup could look something like this;

Hall-RNH-Draisaitl
Maroon-Mcdavid-Laine
Pouliot-XXX-XXX
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-XXX
Sekera-XXX
Nurse-Davidson

Talbot-XXX

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

Also a reported front runner on #1 NCAA FA Troy Stecher

Both from UND where Simpson is from.

Would both be solid adds for our prospect pool. 51 points in 39 games (25 goals). Seems like an Eberle type guy, maybe even a replacement if all goes right

Very different from Eberle though. He is known to play with a real edge to his game.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Even if we dont get them, its good to know Chia is going hard for college FAs. Runner up on Lyon, landed Nick Ellis, in on these two. Maybe former captain Simpson being in AHL will be a big draw for them. But then again Boeser is a Van pick

Absolutely. Caggiula would be a great add to the 3rd line.

Pouliot-New C/RNH-Caggiula? Yes please.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london

Also a reported front runner on #1 NCAA FA Troy Stecher

Both from UND where Simpson is from.

Would both be solid adds for our prospect pool. 51 points in 39 games (25 goals). Seems like an Eberle type guy, maybe even a replacement if all goes right

only **** +46 too, thats just impressive. No matter what league, over +1 per game

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Honestly I prefer Nuge to Duchene. Hall for Barrie also really hurts but I could live with it.

Duchene can play LW. He slots in where Hall would be. They also have the same cap hit.

Can go look at a UFA/trade to replace RNH as a 3C. (Backes,Hanzal etc)

Barrie can run our PP as a RHS.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hall and Nuge for Barrie and Duchene

Would you?

Dont really need to Duchene. Hed be nice to have but hes not really an improvement on anything. Nuge is a better 2 way center, Hall is a better winger. Hes in middle of both. Id love to have him, would love to give up a boatload to land him

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I was way off on Eberle comparison. I just put that first because of his highlights and amazing hands, plus hes a bit smaller.

Seems like hed be a good depth option, and good fit on a scoring style third line

Cagguila-RNH-Kassian for example

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Bob has mentioned Faulk a couple of times now. Yesterday too. I kind of wonder if there is something brewing there. Probably not but I am curious.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Bob has mentioned Faulk a couple of times now. Yesterday too. I kind of wonder if there is something brewing there. Probably not but I am curious.

I wonder if the Canes would do Faulk for Mathews since they lost Eric Staal. Maybe they would bite on a future franchise center

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I've never heard of him. Is he comparable to Marchand and Gallagher?

I have little first hand knowledge of this players since I have seen him play only a few minutes. So I can't really say how much he resembles either than to note that people who have seen a lot of him rave about how intense he is and how aggressive he plays for a smaller guy.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
I don't get why people want to keep adding more top six forwards. Our top six is fine with Mcdavid, RNH, Draisaitl, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Pouliuot and Maroon, not to mention we will probably be drafting one of Matthews, Laine, Puljujarvi or Tkachuck. That leaves us with 3 expendable pieces to get to top 4 RD and a new third line. Not to mention free agency.

I think we will see a minimum of 5 new players added this offseason. 2 top 4 RD, a 3rd line C and RW and a backup goalie. Plus the 2016 draft pick will be on the second line.

Lineup could look something like this;

Hall-RNH-Draisaitl
Maroon-Mcdavid-Laine
Pouliot-XXX-XXX
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-XXX
Sekera-XXX
Nurse-Davidson

Talbot-XXX

Um, possibly because the majority of them all play the same soft game and 1 or 2 of them will be shipped out of town for help elsewhere on the roster??
:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad