Rumor: Rumours and Proposals: Part 9 - BOO--Urns Stays with Sharks 8y8M

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Do people seriously think Nuge is the second best forward on this team? :laugh:

Um... yes? And by quite a large margin too I might add, although Draisaitl's getting better each game. I think it's almost irrefutable that McDavid, RNH, and Draisaitl are our 3 best forwards.

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Um... yes? And by quite a large margin too I might add, although Draisaitl's getting better each game. I think it's almost irrefutable that McDavid, RNH, and Draisaitl are our 3 best forwards.

Quite a large margin? Please.
RNH is not very good, everyone will go crazy about his defensive game (which isn't anywhere close to elite) and fail to realize he's on pace for less than 40 points this year. If that's your second best forward your team isn't going anywhere.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
How about dishing Eberle to Ottawa and add a 2nd + 4th get get Hoffman?

At least he can almost match McDavid's speed and shoots like a mofo.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

:laugh:

McDavid, Eberle, Draisaitl and Lucic are all better than Nudge.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Team could probably use a shake up trade of significance? Maybe

To CAR: Nuge, Eberle, Reinhart and a 2nd

To EDM: Staal, Skinner and Murphy

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Skinner and Eberle are a toss up, but Skinner is having a better start to this year.

Jordan Staal is better than RNH.

Staal is already 28 and is signed to a killer deal til his mid 30s. RnH despite being oathetic offensively has more points than Staal.. Staal for RNH would be a win win for both teams ... Staal is better suited for 3rd line and RNH better on Canes top line.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Staal's contract is atrocious, look at the length, not just the cap number. If Jordan Staal was 23, ok, but not at age 28 turning 29.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
:laugh:

McDavid, Eberle, Draisaitl and Lucic are all better than Nudge.

Anyone that plays with McDavid looks better than they really are. These two have missed more chances than they've buried.

I'd say Draisaitl has played better than Nuge this year, but i'd rank Nuge third.

McDavid, Drai, Nuge, Maroon/Lucic interchangable at 4/5 and Eberle at 6 so far.

Some would argue Pitlick/Slepyshev should be in that mix, the effort has definitely been there. I'd say Puljujarvi has been better at his two-way play.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Do people seriously think Nuge is the second best forward on this team? :laugh:

He is, but that's more of an indictment on the lack of quality the Oilers possess than a ringing endorsement.

Seriously, other than McDavid, who is a better forward than Nuge?

Lucic has been ok at best, Eberle is one dimensional, and Draisaitl is still way too young/inconsistent. In the long term, I see Drai and PJ (and possibly Slepyshev) as better players eventually, but right now, the Oilers' forwards are either too young or role players.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
RNH looked great in the world cup, when surrounded with quality.

Quality he does not have in Edmonton.

I continue to say: Play him on McDs wing and watch them tear it up.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
RNH looked great in the world cup, when surrounded with quality.

Quality he does not have in Edmonton.

I continue to say: Play him on McDs wing and watch them tear it up.

Nudge was a first overall pick, and he's playing with a perennial 25 goal 60 point winger and a guy who has a history of complimenting high skill players very effectively. Believe it or not, but Eberle/Maroon as wingers is about as good as its going to get for probably 90% of the centers in the league.

Dude is a $6 million dollar former first overall pick, and the only person he can hypothetically succeed with is McDavid? Come on. Time for the excuses to end for this Shawn Horcoff wannabe. Five years of these garbage excuses is enough. The buck stops with him.

Unfortunately the longer he's here the harder its going to be to move him. This time next year he'll be unmovable for anything other than another teams garbage contract.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't disagree completely, just making a significant chance to have a shift with the roster.

We're 12-9-1 and it's almost December 1st.

We don't need a significant shift of the roster.

We're in a playoff spot and we're under-performing.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
We're 12-9-1 and it's almost December 1st.

We don't need a significant shift of the roster.

We're in a playoff spot and we're under-performing.

I guess, or they may have over performed in October. They WILL be under .500 for November, that's extremely bad.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I guess, or they may have over performed in October. They WILL be under .500 for November, that's extremely bad.

Is it though?

We can all agree that they've played a lot better this year and that they still have holes, but I think we can also agree that we didn't expect them to be 1st in the division right now.

I don't think it's time to panic yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad