Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
What do u guys think about Brassard since Ottawa seems to be cleaning house.
I would love to see him on a line with Perreault and Armia those two guys really deserve to have someone that can help contribute to the line they are absolutely carrying Hendricks right now.Armia is almost playing center he is down low so much.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I would love to see him on a line with Perreault and Armia those two guys really deserve to have someone that can help contribute to the line they are absolutely carrying Hendricks right now.Armia is almost playing center he is down low so much.
Wouldn't adding players get in the way of the development of our players? I want that to be the Prr line.
Perrault, roslo, R'mia.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I'm not sure you know how this works. Buff gets to choose which teams are on his no trade list. So I am saying that on July 1st he will put Ottawa on his list. I don't know for sure but I think it's a slam dunk. It looks like they'll be rebuilding. Their ownership is not willing to spend enough to win. Their building is never full unless the Leafs come to town. Why would he want to go there? And until July 1 all 30 teams are on his no trade list.
I know how it works. And as I said, if Buff has no idea what team Chevy is talking with, he cant just put that team on the no-trade list to block the trade. Ottawa was just a goal away from cup finals, so I dont think it's a guaranteed team on the list by any means.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I know how it works. And as I said, if Buff has no idea what team Chevy is talking with, he cant just put that team on the no-trade list to block the trade. Ottawa was just a goal away from cup finals, so I dont think it's a guaranteed team on the list by any means.

They are so far from that team that went to the playoffs last year. So you think in July he's gonna say " Ottawa was pretty good two years ago so I think I'll put them on my trade to list"

I think that's quite a stretch. I say there's zero chance he puts Ottawa in his trade to list because they suck now plus the other reasons I mentioned. He has no family there. There's no reason I can think of why he would want to go there.

And yes he can put Ottawa on his no trade list. He gets to choose which teams are acceptable and which teams are not. What makes you think he can't? If he puts Ottawa on his no trade list Chevy can't trade him there. It doesn't matter who Chevy's talking to. It's irrelevant.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
They are so far from that team that went to the playoffs last year. So you think in July he's gonna say " Ottawa was pretty good two years ago so I think I'll put them on my trade to list"

I think that's quite a stretch. I say there's zero chance he puts Ottawa in his trade to list because they suck now plus the other reasons I mentioned. He has no family there. There's no reason I can think of why he would want to go there.

And yes he can put Ottawa on his no trade list. He gets to choose which teams are acceptable and which teams are not. What makes you think he can't? If he puts Ottawa on his no trade list Chevy can't trade him there. It doesn't matter who Chevy's talking to. It's irrelevant.
What? Did you think I didnt know he can put Ottawa on the no-trade list? There must be some misunderstandings here.

If he puts sens on the no-trade list Chevy cant do much, but Buff only has 14 teams he can put on that no-trade list

Sens have been horrible lately but they wont stay that way with the players they have. A fair guess would be that sens end up around the middle of the table, which could be enough to edge them out of the no-trade list, if it was done just based on success. He might also have preferences on Canada/usa, climate, conference, etc, but those are things we cant really know about

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
What? Did you think I didnt know he can put Ottawa on the no-trade list? There must be some misunderstandings here.

If he puts sens on the no-trade list Chevy cant do much, but Buff only has 14 teams he can put on that no-trade list

Sens have been horrible lately but they wont stay that way with the players they have. A fair guess would be that sens end up around the middle of the table, which could be enough to edge them out of the no-trade list, if it was done just based on success. He might also have preferences on Canada/usa, climate, conference, etc, but those are things we cant really know about

The Sens are not going to be middle of the pack. Get real. They are awful. They are about to sell off their players. Major tank job coming.

Yes what you say is theoretically possible. Maybe he's fascinated with parliament buildings? Maybe he wants to live close to Trudeau? and maybe I'll win the lottery tomorrow. Anything is possible. Not everything is likely.

Buff is not going to be traded. Ottawa won't want Buff anyway. It's not going to happen

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
The Sens are not going to be middle of the pack. Get real. They are awful. They are about to sell off their players. Major tank job coming.

Yes what you say is theoretically possible. Maybe he's fascinated with parliament buildings? Maybe he wants to live close to Trudeau? and maybe I'll win the lottery tomorrow. Anything is possible. Not everything is likely.

Buff is not going to be traded. Ottawa won't want Buff anyway. It's not going to happen
I truly think they'll be a mid table team. They already were there before going on a mad losing streak. 1-8-1 in last 10 form isnt going to last when you have EK

Ottawa is in Canada which is something I'd value when deciding a no-trade list. Low crime rates are always a nice thing to have when you're a family man. Many reasons he might think Ottawa isnt as bad as you think.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Totally unbelievable. If I was producing a film with dialog that bad, I would have a script doctor on the next plane to town. "My wife loves Winnipeg". Pffft. It would be more believable if he'd said, my wife loves it when I come home at 3 am smelling of whiskey and cheap perfume. ;)
This post makes me wish that we could have a “dislike” button. I bet you hate puppies too.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Dustin’s wife is from Prince George so liking Winnipeg isn’t a stretch .

Reactions: drumzan

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Dustin’s wife is from Prince George so liking Winnipeg isn’t a stretch .

Prince George says hi!

images

Reactions: ps241 and Eyeseeing

Jetshockey

Nov 13, 2017
Wouldn't adding players get in the way of the development of our players? I want that to be the Prr line.
Perrault, roslo, R'mia.

Roslo isn't ready for that role yet. Brassard has 2 years left. Id even take orielly if buffalo will hold some salary. Dano petan and a second should be fair. I feel everyone is going to do something to improve with the amount of bad teams. I find our 3c with armia and Frenchy the needed spot. Clt is a great 4th.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Roslo isn't ready for that role yet. Brassard has 2 years left. Id even take orielly if buffalo will hold some salary. Dano petan and a second should be fair. I feel everyone is going to do something to improve with the amount of bad teams. I find our 3c with armia and Frenchy the needed spot. Clt is a great 4th.
Yeah, pretty hot offer there. You want a proven centre for two guys who can’t make the NHL (and 2nd) and won’t be waiver exempt next season. Better clear the phone lines at Jet’s headquarters. There should be a lot of interest from GM’s who fancy committing suicide.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd have to agree with Larmex on this one. Dano and Petan hold little value at this point. Every team has their own versions of NHL-AHL tweeners that are past or coming to the end of their ELC's. Guys with some promise but are unlikely now to provide much at the NHL level. The 2nd has value, but in all likelihood will be a late 2nd. With that being the most valuable piece it would be next to impossible to get a proven center back.

That being said I like Brassard as a target. Having this year and next on his contract with a $5 M cap it should fit with the Jets salary structure and available cap room. He would slide very nicely into the lineup and give the Jets maybe the deepest forward group in the NHL. I think though the Sens would be eyeing our 1st as the starting point.

Jetshockey

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, pretty hot offer there. You want a proven centre for two guys who can’t make the NHL (and 2nd) and won’t be waiver exempt next season. Better clear the phone lines at Jet’s headquarters. There should be a lot of interest in GM’s who fancy committing suicide.

I think petan and camp are both nhl players. They just wont get the chance with the depth we have. Im ok even giving up the first pick and/or lemieux.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Dano refused a conditioning stint with the Moose. I believe we know TNSE culture well enough to conclude how that decision would have been received.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
yes. there was an article yesterday or the day before about Dano in the freep. he said he turned down a 14 day assignment after consulting with his agent.
Oh. Well, pressbox it is then. I can't imagine the Jets' FO being stoked about hearing that.

Jetshockey

Nov 13, 2017
I don' blame him. Why resign the guy to play a few games. I have no clue why there not cycling out guys. Give Hendricks a game or 2 off especially back to backs and play Matthias. Dano can substitute for your guys who aren't 100%. It' gotta be really upsetting when your third lines has 10 goals total and you can' get into a game.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad