Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
hutches value is him leading moose to AHL finals. the experience for all the jet's prospects is worth far more than a middle round pick.

jet's are in no rush to trade him. also, hutch has value in being called up for the jets if mason is injured for extended period or another goalie gets injured. hutch is an insurance policy. team is one goalie injury away from possible catastrophe this year.

that said, there is a human aspect to being a manager and they may trade hutch to allow him a chance to play in the show again.
What is the value of being in the Ahl finals? It's not like they get a plus 2 boost for all their qualities (speed,shot, passing) most of them have probably played in a finals or being champions at some point.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Winning a Calder Cup would be absolutely huge for this town!!! If it was Hutch leading us there, I'd be more than happy, but I really don't see him being here.

Nov 24, 2006
It's too bad Comrie looked unready in his last start (and in the pre-season). I'd be reluctant to trade Hutch this season. The Jets are one of several teams that could make it to the Finals this year, if everything goes right. An injury to Mason or Hellebuyck down the stretch and the Jets will have Comrie as their #2 goalie in the playoffs. I say, keep the depth. We have a very strong prospect pipeline already. Just hang onto your own picks for the future, and keep the depth for a good playoff run.

Agreed. You can't have enough depth at any position.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What is the value of being in the Ahl finals? It's not like they get a plus 2 boost for all their qualities (speed,shot, passing) most of them have probably played in a finals or being champions at some point.

Also Hutch won' start in the playoffs for them anyway unless Comrie has a severe drop off in performance. The Jets want to develop Eric and he'll get the net barring him playing terribly.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Wouldn't move Hutch unless he can be packaged with a Dano/Matthias/Petan for something, and even then, what? A super late pick isn't worth the insurance he is

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Would you do....

To Winnipeg
Karlsson

To Ottawa
Trouba
Roslovic
2018 1st
2018 3rd
A Karlsson trade would be the biggest trade since...Kovalchuk? Here's what Kovalchuk (+ a 2nd and a 7th defenseman) got: Johnny Oduya, Nicklas Bergfors, Patrice Cormier, round 1 pick in the 2010 draft (Kevin Hayes) and round 2 pick in the 2010 draft (Justin Holl).

That was an awful deal for the Thrashers though. I can't imagine it was thought to be much good even at the time.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Tessier writes for the correct blog with that moronic "hot taek". Trouba, Little, Prospect and a 1st and a 2nd? For 1.5 seasons on EK?

Karlsson has also been terrible this season. It remains to be seen if he can get his mobility back after having that foot operation. There are some risks there outside the 1.5 years we'd have him for. We'd also have to Pay him 12 million to keep. Not sure if I'm all that interested at the price it would cost.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
There are some pretty moronic "offers' on the trade board for Karlsson, on a thread that indicated you were only getting him for 1.5 years.

Tagleeandeddy

Jul 16, 2015
Winnipeg
Why? He has submitted a ten team list. Do you think Winnipeg is on it?

If I was making a list of 10 teams I'd like to be traded too, I'd look for 2 things
1. Abilities on the ice combined with future outlook
2. Ability to pay me what I think I deserve

So yes, the Jets would be on my list. Karlsson wants to win and get paid, his talent combined with the talent we already have here, and will have for the foreseeable future is a combination that must be considered!

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Why would Trouba prefer to play in Ottawa over Winnipeg? Still in Canada, and with a franchise going the wrong way. The speculation about a Trouba to Ottawa trade seems goofy.

If you assume that something from hockey Buzz is legit (a big stretch) Trouba can't block a trade to Ottawa and they would control his rights for two more years after this one. Just like Karlsson.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
If I was making a list of 10 teams I'd like to be traded too, I'd look for 2 things
1. Abilities on the ice combined with future outlook
2. Ability to pay me what I think I deserve

So yes, the Jets would be on my list. Karlsson wants to win and get paid, his talent combined with the talent we already have here, and will have for the foreseeable future is a combination that must be considered!

Why would Trouba prefer to play in Ottawa over Winnipeg? Still in Canada, and with a franchise going the wrong way. The speculation about a Trouba to Ottawa trade seems goofy.

he wouldn't want to play in Ottawa imo. but heck I would take EK over him all day BUT there is a lot/too many complications in trading for an elite player with only about 1.5 years left on their contract. We are doing quite well with what we have and their ask would be more than just Trouba.

I cant see it happening at all.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Would you do....

To Winnipeg
Karlsson

To Ottawa
Trouba
Roslovic
2018 1st
2018 3rd
No I would not. Karlsson is fantastic but will be too expensive to re sign and that I'd too much to give for 2 playoffs.

Roslovic might be the 2nd line Centre by then.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If you assume that something from hockey Buzz is legit (a big stretch) Trouba can't block a trade to Ottawa and they would control his rights for two more years after this one. Just like Karlsson.
But why would Ottawa want to acquire another player who they can't keep as a core piece for Karlsson? I haven't even commented how inane it would be to think Karlsson and Winnipeg would be a good fit. He would break the cap, and I think any team that signs him would be paying a huge price for his non-prime years.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
But why would Ottawa want to acquire another player who they can't keep as a core piece for Karlsson? I haven't even commented how inane it would be to think Karlsson and Winnipeg would be a good fit. He would break the cap, and I think any team that signs him would be paying a huge price for his non-prime years.

I never said it was a good idea for either side.Only that it would be irrelevant whether or not Trouba wants to play there.

Here's a theory

Ottawa is a penny pinching franchise. They don't behave like a normal team. They could try to continue the penny pinching by taking Trouba to arb getting a cheap 2 yr deal and planning on flipping him in the second year just like they did with Turris.

Tagleeandeddy

Jul 16, 2015
Winnipeg
No I would not. Karlsson is fantastic but will be too expensive to re sign and that I'd too much to give for 2 playoffs.

Roslovic might be the 2nd line Centre by then.

Karlsson is considered by some to be the best player in the game. Sure he isn't having his expected year, but look at his team. All I was thinking was along the lines of what Aavco just responded, each team swaps star D for at least 2 years. With that the Jets instantly become serious contenders. I don't see why we wouldn't want to be serious cup contenders for the next two years while our "older" players are still able to drive play. Oh and I bolded the above for obvious reasons. Not trying to argue, just thought it was an interesting concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad