Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Comrie played in the last Moose game, and he logged the full 60 minutes, so an in-game injury is unlikely. Maybe it's something about Hutch's recovery?

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
nhl.com.

Dano had a higher points per minute than Larkin last year...I'm not going through the rest, but he scored at a high end 3rd liner last year while not getting any real chances. Dano is a proven scorer that Maurice just hates for no reason at all. It's not the first or last time Maurice will do this, but to think he is infallible is just ridiculous. Those "meh" stats last year blew Tanev, Copp, Lowry, Armia, Hendricks, Matthias etc out of the water. Offensively and in terms of possession. They all bring different things, but having those guys are guaranteed players everyday players (except Matthias) while Dano can't draw in is quite frankly ridiculous and stupid from every single level.

Dano is one of those players (like Tatar and Moulson and Marchessault, etc, etc) that don't look good but quite simply continually get the job done in effectiveness and you really have to watch the minor details to see why. Many old school coaches are just not interested in that type of player and would rather look for "pace" or "grit" or "hitting".
No player in the history of the game has scored at a rate of 1.89 goals per minute.

And his 0 points in 6 games this year tell me whatever stats you are reading, are wrong. Definitely a false inflated worth, Dano is a middling player at best

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
No player in the history of the game has scored at a rate of 1.89 goals per minute.

And his 0 points in 6 games this year tell me whatever stats you are reading, are wrong. Definitely a false inflated worth, Dano is a middling player at best

Obviously it's points per 60 minutes. Everyone else got it.

They are not wrong, they are straight from nhl.com. All of our bottom 6 have lots more than 6 pointless games (except probably Perreault). Dano is a more consistent better offensive player than 5 players that are everyday locks. Offense isn't the only thing obviously, but the fact he cannot get in even as Jets are sucking is just ridiculous.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Comrie played in the last Moose game, and he logged the full 60 minutes, so an in-game injury is unlikely. Maybe it's something about Hutch's recovery?

The flu seems to be going around too. Could be a short term thing - would be much more difficult for a goalie to play through this, I'd think.

Just a wild ass guess. :dunno:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Friedman just said "Winnipeg has made it known that Shawn Matthias who's been difficult to get in the lineup. He is available"

^his grammar not mine ;)

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Friedman just said "Winnipeg has made it known that Shawn Matthias who's been difficult to get in the lineup. He is available"

^his grammar not mine ;)
Saw that too. I don't see him getting traded anytime soon; just for the fact of why would somebody trade for him now? Seems more likely to be moved at the trade deadline where a playoff team might need somebody for depth in exchange for a late round draft pick.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

^his grammar not mine ;)
So if they move Matthias, they may be getting someone back from injury soon or they are looking to promote someone from the Moose.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They still have Phillips with the Moose and he backed up Hutch after Comrie played last night, you have to wonder if Hutch moves soon as well as Mathias.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
So if they move Matthias, they may be getting someone back from injury soon or they are looking to promote someone from the Moose.

Not necessarily. Matthias isn't even playing. Our only players on IR are D

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Would make sense to call a forward up if one is moved. They would have the spot on their 23 man roster.

I agree they will carry 14 forwards most likely. I was just saying that it doesn't signal someone coming back from injury. They would just send Melchiori back to the Moose if someone comes off IR. Matthias is not related to that at all.

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
Matthias looked much better than Hendricks/Dano/Pecan in the few times I got to see and compare those players. Dano looked better than Petan/Hendricks.
I wouldn't trade anyone yet.......maybe just ice the right guys.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Matthias looked much better than Hendricks/Dano/Pecan in the few times I got to see and compare those players. Dano looked better than Petan/Hendricks.
I wouldn't trade anyone yet.......maybe just ice the right guys.
That's because he is better.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
nhl.com.

Dano had a higher points per minute than Larkin last year...I'm not going through the rest, but he scored at a high end 3rd liner last year while not getting any real chances. Dano is a proven scorer that Maurice just hates for no reason at all. It's not the first or last time Maurice will do this, but to think he is infallible is just ridiculous. Those "meh" stats last year blew Tanev, Copp, Lowry, Armia, Hendricks, Matthias etc out of the water. Offensively and in terms of possession. They all bring different things, but having those guys are guaranteed players everyday players (except Matthias) while Dano can't draw in is quite frankly ridiculous and stupid from every single level.

Dano is one of those players (like Tatar and Moulson and Marchessault, etc, etc) that don't look good but quite simply continually get the job done in effectiveness and you really have to watch the minor details to see why. Many old school coaches are just not interested in that type of player and would rather look for "pace" or "grit" or "hitting".
Copp, Lowry and Armia definitely deserve to be every day players, based on their role and effectiveness. Matthias is in a different category, based on his play with the Jets. So is Tanev, especially if you consider his first season. Hendricks simply doesn't belong on a good NHL roster at this point.

I don't think that Maurice has an irrational "hate" for him, but does have a rigid view of players' roles in a line-up. I think he should slot into the line-up to add some offensive juice to the bottom 6. Something like...

Perreault-Lowry-Armia
Dano-Copp-Tanev

Perreault adds some offense to Lowry, and Dano would do well with a couple of speed demons who can free up some pucks.

The main problem is breaking up the CLT line, which has really been a good line this season.... (1.87 GF/60 and 0.62 GA/60, 61.7 CF%).

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea if they can move Matthias and get something for him I would be for that.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
How about a Tampa - Jets blockbuster. When Buff gets back.

To Tampa:

Trouba
Matthias
5th rd pick

To Jets:

Koekoek
Raddysh
Foote
1st rd pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad