Rumour, Trade and Free Agent Discussion - 2020/21 Edition (OP Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Laine for Ekblad addresses a team need for both sides, gives us a #1RD that would be an awesome partner for Morrissey and gives us someone under team control for at least 5 years. Plus he's only 2 years older than Laine. It's the exact type of 1 for 1 deal that would benefit both sides. Only thing I wonder about is why does Florida move him?
Florida is weaker on D than up front.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'd target Cernak on TB.

Sounds like Tampa wants to do everything in their power to keep their core in tact. I think they end up bridging Cernak and Cirelli somehow on cheap deals, maybe moving out a bit of salary while they do it and then likely enticing Seattle to take Johnson with a sweetener. Killorn seems like a candidate to be moved as well with a sweetener.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Sounds like Tampa wants to do everything in their power to keep their core in tact. I think they end up bridging Cernak and Cirelli somehow on cheap deals, maybe moving out a bit of salary while they do it and then likely enticing Seattle to take Johnson with a sweetener. Killorn seems like a candidate to be moved as well with a sweetener.
They would need to move Johnson long before Seattle could take him. Moving Killorn won't be enough. Sergachev is also needing a new contract, with a substantial raise. I think Cernak is the most likely to be moved to try to keep Sergachev and Cirelli.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I'd target Cernak on TB.

They would need to move Johnson long before Seattle could take him. Moving Killorn won't be enough. Sergachev is also needing a new contract, with a substantial raise. I think Cernak is the most likely to be moved to try to keep Sergachev and Cirelli.
I’d offer to take on some cap to get a young player to fill a hole, and help the Bolts afford to sign one of their other RFAs.
My preference would be...Cirelli + Killorn
But if TB refused to move Cirelli, I’d try for... Cernak + Killorn

Reactions: Whileee

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I feel like #7 is the only thing they have that we would want and they would part with. Because I doubt they'd want to move Hischier or Hughes.

Severson doesn't look really good, but maybe he turns into another Pionk, which means he's a 2RHD most likely.

Unless there's another asset I might not know about, which is very possible.
And if they don’t want to move a top Center to make It work it probably won’t happen.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Laine for Ekblad addresses a team need for both sides, gives us a #1RD that would be an awesome partner for Morrissey and gives us someone under team control for at least 5 years. Plus he's only 2 years older than Laine. It's the exact type of 1 for 1 deal that would benefit both sides. Only thing I wonder about is why does Florida move him?

To put asses in seats??

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

We keep saying this every year that their players are due for raises and every year they figure out a way. I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Ekblad and Scheif must know eachother well.

Part i hate about moving Laine tho...He became a pretty good 2 way forward. Used body more. Usually 1st man back on D. The kid is a kid still and hes a ppg goal scoring but really all around player or seems to becoming one.

I might think id ask blake to waive.. Hes a florida guy.. So the move wouldn't be a move really... He lives there.. He might waive. Wheeler for Ekblad. It actually makes way more sense than moving a younger forward. Give Scheif the C.. As to Josh and Copp or Lowry and with Little retiring... Ppl get what they want.. No more Thrashers.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I realize that, but Scheifele's shot is no slouch and is more than fine as the trigger man. The reality is the Laine has started to score far less often from his office than he did in his first 2 seasons. The Jets PP has become predictable and teams are easily nullifying his shot. I'd prefer the Jets added quickness and more movement to their PP with Ehlers anyways.
Find a center who can hang around the crease tip in errant shots or bang in rebounds, and our Pply will improve on production immensely.
How about Sean Monahan in CGY? He has soured as a play-driving #1C there. He is a scorer, not a set-up guy and gets more goals from the crease outer area and rebounds or crossing the middle redirection. Not sure of the cost but maybe something around C-Adam Lowry, prospect Vesalainen and RD Tucker Poolman? Probably not enough for their side? Maybe throw in Perreault and Maurice too? Yucka, yucka!

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
At the end of the day as head coach Maurice is responsible.
Put them all, Huddy and Tank-early Flattery too in a " free Monday city of Wpg lawn pickup" day bag. Then start over from scratch. Scheff's and Wheels can man the roster until new coaches figure out where to park and find the entrance corridors to Mts Bell whatever it's name Center arena. Or, watch the coaches creativity and adjusting skills fail again.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Find a center who can hang around the crease tip in errant shots or bang in rebounds, and our Pply will improve on production immensely.
How about Sean Monahan in CGY? He has soured as a play-driving #1C there. He is a scorer, not a set-up guy and gets more goals from the crease outer area and rebounds or crossing the middle redirection. Not sure of the cost but maybe something around C-Adam Lowry, prospect Vesalainen and RD Tucker Poolman? Probably not enough for their side? Maybe throw in Perreault and Maurice too? Yucka, yucka!
If you go by what fans on HF want, Monahan would cost #10 + Roslovic + Copp/Pionk.
Which I would easily do for him in a heartbeat. IMO he’s exactly what we need at 2C.

Reactions: GumbyCan2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad