Proposal: Rumour and Proposals Thread: The Deadline is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
LTIR and the cap gets so complex.

With the 24 days/10 games mark coming up could they put those two players on LTIR retroactively and get some of the space back from the fact they’ve had to carry so many extra players on the roster because of injuries?

It won't technically gain them any cap space, but the cushion will let them use the space taken up by the injury replacements.

I think it opens up about $3.1M from Benson, Cave, Lagesson and Bouchard since right now both they and the player they're replacing count against the cap.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Plays center also. Awhile back I was talking to a Sabres fan and he felt that he just needed confidence and to get his man strength to succeed. I'd make that trade.

Yep, I’d try him at LW as well. Feel his game would look better there.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
That’s not coming this season, or likely the offseason. Once again almost every team needs this and when they have it they don’t trade it. Have faith in Bouchard.

Pretty well every team is looking for the same things. And I have no faith in a rookie dman going into this years playoffs.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Pretty well every team is looking for the same things. And I have no faith in a rookie dman going into this years playoffs.

Why not? Currently the rookies on our team are better than the veterans they replace and not one of them has that skill ceiling.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
Toronto is desperate, right?

Larsson for Kapanen and their conditional 1st. Flip Kapanen and to Ari for Hall (gives Arizona some capspace). Send Toronto's cond.1st + Russell (cap purposes) to NJD for Severson.

Done.

I think that we would be better off keeping Kapanen and his manageable cost controlled contract. We do not need Hall at 10 million/per year. Also Larson>Kapanen for this years playoffs (if we make it). This deal would be an off season deal once our rookies have proven themselves more and cap implications forces such a trade.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
GMKH having a presser in about 40 mins. hmmmm wonder what it's about

It was known that he was planning on a state of the union after a trip to Europe around this time. He canceled on the trip, I believe, but I pretty much think this is the "this is what we're thinking on deadline" update that other GMs are having lately.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

Bouchard won’t play likely, I was mostly talking about next year. Klefbom and Russell will be back before playoffs which will be a nice help to our back line. However, I imagine Russell likely has lost his 3LD spot to Jones. But we’ll see.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
GMKH having a presser in about 40 mins. hmmmm wonder what it's about

Shutting Connor down for the season. Leg procedure imminent?

That or a statement that the Oilers will not be heavily involved in making any roster changes (no meaningful additions or subtractions) before the trade deadline.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
I hope there is no setback on McDavid's injury; hopefully the presser is about the trade deadline and state of team.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I think that we would be better off keeping Kapanen and his manageable cost controlled contract. We do not need Hall at 10 million/per year. Also Larson>Kapanen for this years playoffs (if we make it). This deal would be an off season deal once our rookies have proven themselves more and cap implications forces such a trade.
Keep Kapanen and flip the 1st for Severson... I think we're ok down the RW though, that's why I'd go for a LW. And Hall is Hall.

Anyhow, it was a bit of a joke. Thought it would have been fun to end up with Hall and Severson for Larsson (considering the cost of acquiring Larsson).

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I hope there is no setback on McDavid's injury; hopefully the presser is about the trade deadline and state of team.

he was just on the ice this morning, I sincerely hope it’s not bad McDavid news. The team has played their hearts out without him but they’re undermanned.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Shutting Connor down for the season. Leg procedure imminent?

That or a statement that the Oilers will not be heavily involved in making any roster changes (no meaningful additions or subtractions) before the trade deadline.

Need him and Klef both back.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
If it's about Connor, it will genuinely be the saddest time I've ever been right about something. Hopefully it's just one of these pre-deadline overviews like you've all mentioned already.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Don’t even scare me.

Probably the wrong thread, but people are naive if they think that McDavid will never need a knee operation before his hockey career ends. He is young and has at least 10-15 years left. At some point, he is going to miss significant time recovering from some sort of reconstructive procedure.

Just not sure of the timing. I do not think it will be now. Probably in the next 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad