Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
once again all the teams and players are magically forgetting about edmonton

and/or willing to pay all these extra 1sts and 2nds

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I think I’ve figured out the delay for the Oilers.

LTIR space doesn’t kick in until a player hits 24 days and 10 games missed.

Would you believe me if I said both Neal and Russell hit that guideline the day before the trade deadline? Cause that’s the case.
How much space would this give us?

(sorry, on a shitty smartphone and can't google/figure it out)

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Plays center also. Awhile back I was talking to a Sabres fan and he felt that he just needed confidence and to get his man strength to succeed. I'd make that trade.

Alex Nylander seems to be doing better now he's out of the Buffalo org, where he really seemed to have trouble finding his ground. He's not looking quite like a star, but there's definitely signs of promise. Maybe Buffalo just doesn't have a good development system in place? Getting Casey while he's still young and developing could turn into a good investment. We should be taking some chances with these types of wingers if they are reasonably available.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
LTIR and the cap gets so complex.

With the 24 days/10 games mark coming up could they put those two players on LTIR retroactively and get some of the space back from the fact they’ve had to carry so many extra players on the roster because of injuries?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Toronto is desperate, right?

Larsson for Kapanen and their conditional 1st. Flip Kapanen and to Ari for Hall (gives Arizona some capspace). Send Toronto's cond.1st + Russell (cap purposes) to NJD for Severson.

Done.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
and Yamamoto, even when not scoring, was playing great two way hockey, drawing penalties, and generally making himself useful.
It didn't sound like that 3 months ago when people were unloading him for peanuts here. They'd unload him for a 3rd round pick just to salvage something out of nothing.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think I’ve figured out the delay for the Oilers.

LTIR space doesn’t kick in until a player hits 24 days and 10 games missed.

Would you believe me if I said both Neal and Russell hit that guideline the day before the trade deadline? Cause that’s the case.

Pretty sure both of them are just on the IR and not LTIR though.

edit: Nevermind.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Pretty sure both of them are just on the IR and not LTIR though.
He knows, he’s just saying the reason nothing has happened yet is because they’ve yet met the guidelines (but they’re close) to qualifying as LTIR players.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He knows, he’s just saying the reason nothing has happened yet is because they’ve yet met the guidelines (but they’re close) to qualifying as LTIR players.

Yeah, good call. For some reason I thought they were separate. Like you would have to designate IR or LTIR at the time of the injury.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Tyler Ennis would be a great pickup for this team... if the price is right.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
With the talk now that the Oilers might consider A.A. from Detroit a 'lone wolf' player, it wonder if that also closes the door on Hall in the offseason as I feel he is much the same and was even labelled currently by an ex devils teammate something like an 'independant contractor'.
Where’s this talk coming from?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Ennis is exactly what we don’t need. We need a top 6 forward, a #3 center, and a top 4 dman. Ennis is none of those things. I see no reason to make a move for him.

That’s not coming this season, or likely the offseason. Once again almost every team needs this and when they have it they don’t trade it. Have faith in Bouchard.

OldManBouchard

Oct 14, 2019
Holland do something! We have the best PP and 2nd best PK. That is unreal. We ll be getting Connor back soon too. A move to bring in a top 6 winger would make us lethal.

Reactions: Mc5RingsAndABeer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes