Proposal: Rumour and Proposals Thread: The Deadline is Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
Jimmy Murphy on twitter regarding Hall

"Talk to any of Hall's former teammates and get back to me! Every team deals with injuries. Leaders and stars, which Hall claims to be, guide them through it."

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Jimmy Murphy on twitter regarding Hall

"Talk to any of Hall's former teammates and get back to me! Every team deals with injuries. Leaders and stars, which Hall claims to be, guide them through it."
I don't think I understand his point, is he suggesting Hall lead the Yotes to victory more despite injuries? Should he play goal too? Like Hall has some warts, but this is pretty stupid.

Reactions: fuswald

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
or maybe he helps them get to the Conference Finals in a weak Pacific division and they re-sign Pageau and it's not a rental

either way, yes it's risky but Holland owes it to these players who are battling their bag off...to get help

But any player brought in to help would be a replacement for the players currently "battling their bag off" once this team is healthy

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I think I’ve figured out the delay for the Oilers.

LTIR space doesn’t kick in until a player hits 24 days and 10 games missed.

Would you believe me if I said both Neal and Russell hit that guideline the day before the trade deadline? Cause that’s the case.
interesting...

but if Neal is ready to back from LTIR, his cap hit is back on the books

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton

Would you believe me if I said both Neal and Russell hit that guideline the day before the trade deadline? Cause that’s the case.

I don't know if I should feel more excited for the deadline now or feel dread for the next 3 days after knowing this

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
But any player brought in to help would be a replacement for the players currently "battling their bag off" once this team is healthy
well yeah

but I think this team is proving a lot with their injuries, so trading for a bigger piece would make sense
(for the record, I really doubt Pageau is coming here if Holland refuses to give up a first...also cap hit is a major concern)

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So was O Reilly. We should all know by now that playing on a really bad team makes players look worse. We need to start poaching players like that now.
I will no argue this point, because it's tends to be true. If the Yotes are considering moving Hall, the Oilers need to call and hopefully get to talk to him about a reasonable extension.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014

It wouldn't matter because it;s still a temporary thing. Unless their LTIR carries said player to the end of regular season.

Hawks did this with Kane few years back. His injury put him on LTIR and gave them ~10m in cap space. But they could only use this route because they knew he would only return in playoffs and playoffs technically has no cap.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I thought It already came out that he was willing to move it

Don’t believe everything you hear. For long term help maybe, he’s not moving it for a rental. Out of Ottawa for example the guy we’d need to get back is Tkachuk.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
And Puljujarvi hasn’t?
Different kind of disaster. Puljujarvi, has struggled at the NHL level, but shown talent, is playing VERY well in Finland and wants out. Middlestadt had marginal success in his time as a teenager, and now he's struggling to even be effective at the AHL level. We're talk becoming a suspect disaster.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
is any case, I heard Gregor say yesterday that the only way they get cap relief on Neal is if they LTIR for the rest of the season, then bring him back for the playoffs

that wouldn’t be terrible if you could get a guy like Pageau. Basically, fill Neal’s role for the rest of the regular season, and then you suddenly add a 25 goal guy for playoffs. Then Neal is coming back 100%, and hungry. It also saves us a 3rd which offsets the cost of whoever we bring in

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It wouldn't matter because it;s still a temporary thing. Unless their LTIR carries said player to the end of regular season.

Hawks did this with Kane few years back. His injury put him on LTIR and gave them ~10m in cap space. But they could only use this route because they knew he would only return in playoffs and playoffs technically has no cap.

find a comfy spot on Robidas Island for Neal - cap issue solved

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Different kind of disaster. Puljujarvi, has struggled at the NHL level, but shown talent, is playing VERY well in Finland and wants out. Middlestadt had marginal success in his time as a teenager, and now he's struggling to even be effective at the AHL level. We're talk becoming a suspect disaster.

Deja Vu. People said this about Yamamoto when he wasn't lighting up the A.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Ii really feel like we could move our 1st out if a LW is avaialbe with term

Holland must see the strength of our 2nd line and know he needs to find Connor someone to play with

If Montreal is selling Tatar should be on our radar along with other high end available LW

Ennis is fine i suppose but he isnt moving the needle

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It’s not like he’s been brutal in the AHL. Year younger then Puljujarvi as well.

Plays center also. Awhile back I was talking to a Sabres fan and he felt that he just needed confidence and to get his man strength to succeed. I'd make that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA