Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I’m actually intrigued by Dzingel. He is a rental but I think we’d have a good chance of resigning him. Then we could send Beau to Bridgeport where he belongs

Beauvillier cannot go to Bridgeport, he'd have to clear waivers and he wouldn't.

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
I think its safe to say that anyone who thinks the Rangers and Islanders will make a trade = never going to happen. Sign a FA in the summer yes . trade with each other = good luck with that. In other news right now they are shaking up the lines but I think they are VERY active in the next 2 weeks trying to find guys with skills especially a real 2nd line center. just my opinion

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I just posted this on the Trade Board in the Minnesota Fire Sale thread:

Brodin and Coyle for Beauvillier, Pelech, Ho-Sang and our 1st.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if Beau can EVER build a strong enough frame to be a Top 6 forward consistently. Coyle adds protection to Nelson not being signed and Brodin makes our LD very deep. Then you can concentrate on adding bottom 6 scoring over the summer.

Well, considering that Pelech alone is better than Brodin...

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
I think its safe to say that anyone who thinks the Rangers and Islanders will make a trade = never going to happen. Sign a FA in the summer yes . trade with each other = good luck with that. In other news right now they are shaking up the lines but I think they are VERY active in the next 2 weeks trying to find guys with skills especially a real 2nd line center. just my opinion

https://nypost.com/2010/05/26/rangers-islanders-make-rare-trade/

Reactions: YearlyLottery

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I think you're probably right and other than the one example that Dark Horse mentioned, I can't recall it happening before (I didn't recall that time either to be honest). The fact that Bryan Trottier coached them was something I've tried to erase from my memory.

But has there been a more docile time in the rivalry between these two teams? Most younger Rags fans I talk to don't even really hate the Islanders. They are 3rd, 4th or 5th down the list of teams they don't like. Caps, Pens, Flyers, Devils all come before the Islanders. And now, while it was unforeseen, the fortunes of the two franchises - at least in the short term - are diametrically different. The Rags are in total rebuild/firesale mode. So while I don't think a trade between the two is at all likely, if there somehow was a unique situation whereby the Rags had a player that would really help the Islanders, I could foresee them contemplating a deal. The pushback from the respective fans would at least be at an all time low at this point in time.

Reactions: CBG

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
The rangers would not worry about helping the Islanders. I'm fairly certain they never worry about the Islanders when it comes to media attention or fans $$. They won't even be going to the playoffs so they won't even face the isles and if the isles won a cup, rangers would not lose more than five fans to the isles.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I just posted this on the Trade Board in the Minnesota Fire Sale thread:

Brodin and Coyle for Beauvillier, Pelech, Ho-Sang and our 1st.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if Beau can EVER build a strong enough frame to be a Top 6 forward consistently. Coyle adds protection to Nelson not being signed and Brodin makes our LD very deep. Then you can concentrate on adding bottom 6 scoring over the summer.

Lee- Coyle is not that good. I know people rate him as a 2C - I do not rate him that high - He is 3rd line player.

Beau, has a future - he is only 21, but I agree I am open to moving Beau for the right player. Coyle is not that player.
I think the team can get a better return with those pieces on table.

Reactions: dood

SI

Feb 16, 2013
The thought of an ex Ranger wearing my beloved Islanders sweater makes me physically ill. Only a Stanley cup could make that taste go away.
For me, Cairns certainly made that stench go away quick and to some degree Brian Mullen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad