Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Unless he agrees to a contract extension as part of a trade, which I can’t see happening, there’s no way I’m giving up all those assets for a guy who may walk in a few months.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Trade everyone for Duchene, Stone, and Panarin, and then trade them because they’re UFAs /thread

tenor.gif

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I listen daily on Sirius in my office. You are absolutely correct. I believe they had a segment on Monday that Barzal looked great in the all star game, but he was playing with Crosby. They also stated Barzal is a one way center, whom is very small, pushed off the puck and makes more bad decisions than good.

So yes, grain of salt
Wow that is amazing- so out of touch- TO media I guess
I think Crosby's post game comments on Barzal should shatter that POV on Maty.
He got a lot of All-Star buzz and Sid and some others said some nice things about him and now a lot of folks on these boards think that must mean Barzy has been elevated to elite C status. Barzy is great, and he is going to get better, but the comments made about him by the Leafs Central @ Noon crowd are not wrong. He is not yet a solid two way center, he is small, he does get pushed off the puck too easily and he does make bad decisions. He will get stronger and he will get better and he will get smarter because everything we know about him says he is 100% motivated to do so, but lets not lose our minds because some members of the media, correctly in my view, point out some areas where his game still needs significant improvement.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Lamoriello may feel that his only shot at signing Panarin is to give him a taste of playing with the organization’s most marketable piece, i.e. Barzal.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
He got a lot of All-Star buzz and Sid and some others said some nice things about him and now a lot of folks on these boards think that must mean Barzy has been elevated to elite C status. Barzy is great, and he is going to get better, but the comments made about him by the Leafs Central @ Noon crowd are not wrong. He is not yet a solid two way center, he is small, he does get pushed off the puck too easily and he does make bad decisions. He will get stronger and he will get better and he will get smarter because everything we know about him says he is 100% motivated to do so, but lets not lose our minds because some members of the media, correctly in my view, point out some areas where his game still needs significant improvement.

tenor.gif

SI

Feb 16, 2013

I Disagree with this - he is very strong on the puck and it is very difficult to knock it away from him -
No offense, Not sure what game you are watching -

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I Disagree with this - he is very strong on the puck and it is very difficult to knock it away from him -
Agreed. That is in no way an accurate description of Barzal. One of his strengths is his ability to protect the puck and stay strong on his skates.

And while he is not a Selke candidate, his defensive game is good for his age and he progresses every game.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Trying to find Crosby's All Star post game interview and his thoughts on Maty
if anyone can find it please link it here

I think Crosby mentions his puck protection specifically

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Agreed. That is in no way an accurate description of Barzal. One of his strengths is his ability to protect the puck and stay strong on his skates.

And while he is not a Selke candidate, his defensive game is good for his age and he progresses every game.
It’s a lot better then Judas in his second season whose defensive game is still average at best.

Reactions: Konk

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Who said no offense? It's starting to piss me off people putting words in my mouth. I never said anything like that. And yes, apparently we are watching different games if you think MB is strong on the puck. He is a great possessor of the puck in open ice, but he is only fair in tight which is what strong on the puck refers to.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Who said no offense? It's starting to piss me off people putting words in my mouth. I never said anything like that. And yes, apparently we are watching different games if you think MB is strong on the puck. He is a great possessor of the puck in open ice, but he is only fair in tight which is what strong on the puck refers to.

No offense to you -

I disagree with you and I think the kid is strong on the puck and it is very difficult to knock him off of it in open ices and in close quarters - he is so strong on his edges which makes it really difficult

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
"Ew, somebody said something bad about my favorite player." Grow up. The overwhelming import of everything I have written is that Barzy is great and is going to get better but I don't kid myself that 3 on 3 tourney where no defense is being played means much or that he doesn't have some important things to work on.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008

giphy.gif

Reactions: Lame Lambert and SI

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Crosby offering effusive praise for Barzal after the game.
“Three-on-three, I don’t know if there’s anyone better when it comes to holding onto it, the way he can beat you one-on-one, beat you with his speed and hold onto it,” Crosby said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad