Speculation: Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2018-19 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I
PS) When it comes to deadline trades, and yes, I've mentioned this player before, and I don't know what Trotz' opinion of and relationship to Marcus Johansson was in Washington before Johansson was moved for draft picks (I thought that was a salary dump; rumors out of Sweden are that he's "difficult" in the locker room), but I've been observing him with Jersey recently, where he's been filling in for Hall on the Hischier line and I've seen a lot of things that make me think he could gel very well with Barzal. He appears to be moving on all cylinders right now and is much more creative player than I had suspected. He can play either wing.

Johansson is a player I'd target if we get priced out of the big game market (likely) and the price is too high for Dzingel, who I prefer to Johansson because of Dzingel's explosiveness.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Adam Henrique enters TSN's trade board at #14.

https://www.tsn.ca/trade-bait-boyle-out-henrique-in-1.1253331

He's signed for 5 more years at $5.8 million per year and just turned 29. He's overpaid for this year's production. I wonder if he could be had for a reasonable price? And if so, do we want that contract?

I'm mentioning him primarily because he was drafted by Lou. And he can play C or wing.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
1. They are clearly not satisfied with the wingers playing with Barzal...
2. They WILL address that, unlike the SnowJob we had as GM prior.
3. itshouldbepanarinduh

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004

He's signed for 5 more years at $5.8 million per year and just turned 29. He's overpaid for this year's production. I wonder if he could be had for a reasonable price? And if so, do we want that contract?

I'm mentioning him primarily because he was drafted by Lou. And he can play C or wing.

Personally I dont really see the fit. Do we need any more middling wingers/centers? We need more skill and desperately need some goal scorers to help the PP and break open a game every once in a while....imo..

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Personally I dont really see the fit. Do we need any more middling wingers/centers? We need more skill and desperately need some goal scorers to help the PP and break open a game every once in a while....imo..
I'm probably in agreement. Unless the plan would be to trade for Henrique and then let Nelson walk (basically swapping them out at 2C). The question is whether that's a good "trade" and whether there is cap room left to go for the big fish this summer.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
serious question, does anyone think cizikas can play 2C for us? starting to remind me a lot of mike peca. If we can slot CC in 2C and get a more typical 4th line center (or have uncle Leo do it), then we'd have some serious cash to spend this offseason....

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
serious question, does anyone think cizikas can play 2C for us? starting to remind me a lot of mike peca. If we can slot CC in 2C and get a more typical 4th line center (or have uncle Leo do it), then we'd have some serious cash to spend this offseason....

I don't hate it, but for a team that already struggles to score goals, I don't think you can roll with a 2C who has a career high of 12 goals if you want to win Cups.

Reactions: 12Dog and periferal

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Two simple reasons imo:
1. Lehner is on a show me contract and has found a drug regiment that treats his illness. Anybody with or around someone with mental illness knows how easy it is for meds to stop working. Body chemistry changes and mental illness is the type of thing that takes hardcore management to keep symptoms at bay. Maybe none of these guys are sold that Lehner's a long time solution. Great story and all, but I'm not sure I'm sold on him yet either. The cynic in me says let's see what he does with real full-time work.
2. He's a UFA. I know most of you just assume he's going to sign a longer contract with the Isles, but that's no guarantee. I don't mind the Isles inking him to a multi-year deal, but it's hardly set in stone. If I'm Lehner, I would have signed an extension yesterday knowing what I'm dealing with. He hasn't....which could mean he's concentrating on hockey, but there are at least two other possible scenarios out there to explain it (hasn't been offered a contract/has told his agent he's going to test UFA).

Yeah, but Jimmy Howard is also a free agent at the end of the season, and he's going to be 35 at the start of next season. He isn't a replacement for Lehner moving forward.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017

I think it's fair to say that Henrique is a 50 point per year player, and whether he's overpaid depends on how much one intends to pay Brock Nelson going forward. I gotta say, I feel better about Henrique and his contract than giving a 6 year deal to Brock Nelson.

While trading for Henrique isn't a perfect short-term solution, it could solve a problem for the next 3-4 years. It all depends on the cost. (Why would Anaheim want to trade him?)

Reactions: 12Dog

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

I can see it as a possibility. Provides insurance down the middle if they decide to move on from Nelson and can’t bring in another center.

Everyone’s looking overpaid in that system at the moment.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Why would the isles be interested in jimmy howard

1. We're assuming that Pagnotta has his facts straight. Since no leaks are coming from the Islanders, that means any rumors he's posting have to be coming from someone else or "chatter" amongst league sources. Who knows if correct and how rumors might get muddled. Also Pagnotta could be just projecting what seems like a fit.
  2. Assuming he is on target, the reason to look at Howard could be more of a summer thing since he is a UFA. Also Quick is on the list and he's still a legit #1 goalie with (4) more years on his contract at 5.8M, so if Lou let's Lehner go, Quick would be a longer-term solution in goal.

Reactions: SteveH124

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
I think it's fair to say that Henrique is a 50 point per year player, and whether he's overpaid depends on how much one intends to pay Brock Nelson going forward. I gotta say, I feel better about Henrique and his contract than giving a 6 year deal to Brock Nelson.

While trading for Henrique isn't a perfect short-term solution, it could solve a problem for the next 3-4 years. It all depends on the cost. (Why would Anaheim want to trade him?)

Get Henrique, then trade Nelson as a rental to recoup some of the assets you gave up to get Henrique.

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Apologies if he’s already been discussed but what about Brandon Saad? Seems as if they are looking to move him and I’ve always loved his game…

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
  1. We're assuming that Pagnotta has his facts straight. Since no leaks are coming from the Islanders, that means any rumors he's posting have to be coming from someone else or "chatter" amongst league sources. Who knows if correct and how rumors might get muddled. Also Pagnotta could be just projecting what seems like a fit.
  2. Assuming he is on target, the reason to look at Howard could be more of a summer thing since he is a UFA. Also Quick is on the list and he's still a legit #1 goalie with (4) more years on his contract at 5.8M, so if Lou let's Lehner go, Quick would be a longer-term solution in goal.

Quick?
4 more years for a 33 year old who seems to have groin issues?
And give up assets to get him?
Pass

Reactions: PROMputt

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I'm probably in agreement. Unless the plan would be to trade for Henrique and then let Nelson walk (basically swapping them out at 2C). The question is whether that's a good "trade" and whether there is cap room left to go for the big fish this summer.

I just posted this on the Trade Board in the Minnesota Fire Sale thread:

Brodin and Coyle for Beauvillier, Pelech, Ho-Sang and our 1st.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if Beau can EVER build a strong enough frame to be a Top 6 forward consistently. Coyle adds protection to Nelson not being signed and Brodin makes our LD very deep. Then you can concentrate on adding bottom 6 scoring over the summer.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I'm seriously beginning to wonder if Beau can EVER build a strong enough frame to be a Top 6 forward consistently. Coyle adds protection to Nelson not being signed and Brodin makes our LD very deep. Then you can concentrate on adding bottom 6 scoring over the summer.
Beau is 21. Not quite ready for the glue factory.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Beau is 21. Not quite ready for the glue factory.

There's enough space between the two views to drive a truck through . . . who the hell said ready for the glue factory?

He certainly should be considered tradable to improve the team.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I’m actually intrigued by Dzingel. He is a rental but I think we’d have a good chance of resigning him. Then we could send Beau to Bridgeport where he belongs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad