Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Trade deadline edition. home stretch Mod warning 593

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA
Screw these rental prices. DO NOT WANT.

the-price-of-thatsolder-is-too-damn-high-com-14233411.png

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Neuvirth and retained Filppula please. Sharp if he's not too injured.

I think Filppula would have already been an Oiler if he didn't have them on his no trade list. I'm guessing that the Filppula rumor earlier in the day about Tampa asking him to waive his NTC was about the Oilers and I have a feeling that was Chia's 1st choice for a Davidson trade or maybe 2nd after Boyle.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Apparently it is, hence why its difficult to trade him. Too bad though. I would take him on this team easily if not for he injury problems.

Apparently it is? That's weird cause I mean he played sunday against Boston and had an assist and played 17 minutes tonight against the Pens. Sounds like it's something he is playing through.

If the cost is a 4th + contract with a condition that it becomes a 3rd if he plays 15 games down the stretch.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
I have no idea why any rental player would refuse to go to Edmonton with an opportunity to play with McDavid... If you get take advantage, you could end up like Maroon and make a couple extra mill a year.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
A 3rd is an overpayment. Iginla is done. He can't play anymore.

47 points last season though. Maybe he can pick up his play once he's traded to a playoff contending team . I agree that he's not worth a 3rd though, most likely a 4th or 5th

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Snow and Stevie Y record against Chia are pretty good. I wouldn't want him dealing with them. They're usually looking to fleece him

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Iginla still has that rocket of a slapper, would be great on the power play. He looked pretty done when the Oilers played the Avs in November though. I haven't watched much of him since.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
If SJ wins the cup the 4th turns to a first, no one would be complaining if they win the cup but that seems like a lot for a 3rd liner

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Wingers: Vrbata, Stempniak, Parenteau, Vanek, Stafford, Iginla, Hemsky, Hudler, Sharp
Goalies: Halak, Neuvirth, Nilsson

Still a lot of wingers available. I don't see why we don't add one if the price is a mid round pick +. I wouldn't give anything significant for Vrbata/Stempniak/Vanek/Parenteau/Sharp. The rest aren't worth that much anyways.

Getting Neuvirth and Sharp would be my dream scenario.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think one of the Sharks, Ducks, Kings, Hawks, or one of those teams will add Iginla. Maybe the Penguins or Caps.

We'll get a goalie (Halak, Nilsson, or Neuvrith) and I think that's mostly it.

If the Avs would take a 3rd or 4th for Iggy I'd do it, just for the lulz.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Wingers: Vrbata, Stempniak, Parenteau, Vanek, Stafford, Iginla, Hemsky, Hudler, Sharp
Goalies: Halak, Neuvirth, Nilsson

Still a lot of wingers available. I don't see why we don't add one if the price is a mid round pick +. I wouldn't give anything significant for Vrbata/Stempniak/Vanek/Parenteau/Sharp. The rest aren't worth that much anyways.

Getting Neuvirth and Sharp would be my dream scenario.

Vrbata could be a nice addition especially for the pp. He's good at getting off the one timers and he could work well with McDavid on the first unit pp

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Vrbata could be a nice addition especially for the pp. He's good at getting off the one timers and he could work well with McDavid on the first unit pp

I'd have interest, I think Calgary is interested in him though (GM has a connection to him from Phoenix days).

ChokeOnOil

Lambs to Lions
Feb 11, 2007
Edmonton
This is never gonna happen, but boy would it be funny to trade for Hemsky and finally give him good line mates 10 years later

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

I like the idea of Vrbata too. He's having a great year offensively. He'd be 3rd on our team in scoring right now. But that makes me think the cost might be pretty high. Other problem is he's never been much for a playoff performer. His production drops off big time.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Apparently it is? That's weird cause I mean he played sunday against Boston and had an assist and played 17 minutes tonight against the Pens. Sounds like it's something he is playing through.

If the cost is a 4th + contract with a condition that it becomes a 3rd if he plays 15 games down the stretch.

check friedman's tweets concerning sharp earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad