Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Trade deadline edition. home stretch Mod warning 593

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
With the sharks acquiring Hansen, apparently they were on Iginla before too. Oilers are on Iginla according to Commodore (could be lying) but anybody else think Iginla and Halak may be oilers tomorrow?

not Iginla. I want him, but there is a half decent chance we'll be playing the Flames in the first round. It would just be weird.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
What's wrong with calgarys goaltending tandem of Elliot and Johnson, I was once told they were better than Talbot.
Burke: "Yeah, so I'm pretty happy with our current tandem."

Treliving: "Edmonton is rumoured to be after Halak."

Burke: "Call Garth."

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
From last thread:

Vegas is going to want a veteran presence on their team. Letestu provides a lot of versatility as a 4th line center. Cheap contract, plays both PK and PP, is strong on faceoffs and is producing at an outstanding clip offensively considering his minutes.

With no offense at all intended to Khaira, I'd be very surprised if he ever comes close to the type of offensive contributions that Letestu makes in the NHL. Testube is on pace for 40 points this year and 17 or so goals, and it's not like this season is entirely an anomaly. He's produced at a ~30+ point pace his entire career.

Letestu is my #6 forward for protection imo. Ahead of Khaira and Kassian for sure.
Fair points. But I hope that next year Letestu isn't anymore the go to righty for PP. He has been okay, but still there should be better offensive player getting prime PP minutes, which would cut his point totals a lot.

But yeah, next year should be about winning cup and Letestu as 4th line C is better having Khaira at that spot.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
With the sharks acquiring Hansen, apparently they were on Iginla before too. Oilers are on Iginla according to Commodore (could be lying) but anybody else think Iginla and Halak may be oilers tomorrow?

That seems like a lot of cap space to be adding when we consider all the bonuses Draisaitl and McDavid are going to be hitting this year. A few media guys have hinted at Neuvirth. Wouldn't be surprised if it was him. Donno about the RWer.

(Commodore is almost assuredly just making all his crap up).

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
That seems like a lot of cap space to be adding when we consider all the bonuses Draisaitl and McDavid are going to be hitting this year. A few media guys have hinted at Neuvirth. Wouldn't be surprised if it was him. Donno about the RWer.

(Commodore is almost assuredly just making all his crap up).

I personally can't discredit Commodore after I noticed he was the one that brought up the Shattenkirk to the pens/caps before anybody else including the insiders. I think he has legit sources.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
not Iginla. I want him, but there is a half decent chance we'll be playing the Flames in the first round. It would just be weird.

It's literally the only reason why I'd want Iginla :laugh:

He's borderline worthless as an actual player now though.

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA
Prediction: Oilers will get this cryptic clue tmrw morning

Iggy-Azalea_photo_medium.jpg

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
actually i think the oil are messing up the flames plans. Flames need halak a lot more than the oil. Halak was a pretty damn good starter not that long ago

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That's a really good haul for Hansen, Benning is having quite a few days of collecting good prospects for bottom 6 players who had no future with the team. I really wanted Hansen but the Oilers don't have a Goldobin level prospect to offer.

I'd be cool with Halak but the Isles have to be retaining or taking on Pouliot or Fayne I would imagine but if there's a bidding war, I'm sure Calgary can do better.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That's a really good haul for Hansen, Benning is having quite a few days of collecting good prospects for bottom 6 players who had no future with the team. I really wanted Hansen but the Oilers don't have a Goldobin level prospect to offer.

I'd be cool with Halak but the Isles have to be retaining or taking on Pouliot or Fayne I would imagine but if there's a bidding war, I'm sure Calgary can do better.

I'm not really seeing a huge market for Halak. I think if they can take Fayne for him, the Islanders would do it because it saves them about a million bucks next year.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm not really sure what we could offer for Iginla anyway. 1st is out of the question and we don't have our 2nd, so a 3rd?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm not really seeing a huge market for Halak. I think if they can take Fayne for him, the Islanders would do it because it saves them about a million bucks next year.

I don't think there's much of a market for him, why would there be with that contract, but if the Isles are getting multiple offers, I'm assuming that an equal contract dump isn't the best offer.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
If the Oilers get Iginla there should be a "Welcome Home" video played for him before the game on Saturday.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Iginla and Halak (salary retained) tomorrow would be satisfactory for me
imagine: Jarome scoring the GWG for the Oilers against the Flamers in the playoffs...Cowtown would implode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad