Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The draft is less than a week away!! "Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Rishaug already said something like that yesterday but said the value being offered was middling. Its 6 or 7 vultures circling, not a bidding war. One lucky bird is going to get to pluck out our eyeballs, may as well circle around and prepare to swoop in for the carrion just in case. Early bird gets the worm. If you're an NHL GM and you hear "Oilers are looking to trade..." --- say no more fam. Get those birds in the air.
I agree. Which is why it’s time to hold our ground and hope Kenny’s stinginess and patience he used in the first Pulju fiasco holds.

We need this to be atleast an equal trade. This is a trade for the benefit of the Oilers, not the selfish Jesse.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
But isn't the $3.4M cap subtracted (recapture penalty) from Chicago if Keith retires? The league then effectively reduces the league-wide cap by not balancing it out by giving the Oilers a credit.
No. Chicago will still be hit with the recapture in the amount that they benefitted over the course of the time Keith spent there. What is being disputed is whether or not the Oilers receive a credit for the amount of cap they absorbed beyond the salary they expended to balance out things. .

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Who the f*** did Chiarelli rip off exactly? I'm fairly sure we lost every single trade under his regime besides maybe the Talbot trade.

Sakic and Yzerman go into every trade looking to skullf*** the opposing team and people still pick up the phone with them every time.
That's my point. By the time he came to the Oilers he already had a reputation of being a douche and the only time GM's would trade with Chia was to rip him off and make him overpay.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I agree. Which is why it’s time to hold our ground and hope Kenny’s stinginess and patience he used in the first Pulju fiasco holds.

We need this to be atleast an equal trade. This is a trade for the benefit of the Oilers, not the selfish Jesse.

Youre pushing this anti Jesse selfish thing pretty hard when Ken Holland is already on record saying Jesse has not requested a trade. Is there something you know that the rest of us dont?

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
That's my point. By the time he came to the Oilers he already had a reputation of being a douche and the only time GM's would trade with Chia was to rip him off and make him overpay.
Who the hell did Chiarelli play hardball with and rip off in Boston? He lost every trade and overpaid there too. The one trade he won, the Kessel one, was because Brian Burke threatened him with an offer sheet and made him cave. Chiarelli just sucked at trading. Nothing more. Got carried to a Cup by the core that Jeff Gorton handed him+one good no-brainer signing in Chara.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Youre pushing this anti Jesse selfish thing pretty hard when Ken Holland is already on record saying Jesse has not requested a trade. Is there something you know that the rest of us dont?
I’m going off the report that came out after that said Pulju and Agent don’t see a fit due to “no room in the Top 6”. Has that report been debunked?

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
his 3 years prior to last year were as the starter for a very successful Carolina team. He had a save percentage of .905, .914 and .923

Those are acceptable but not great numbers and I would hope for better. The rationale is that his net cost to the team is 600k which allows us to address other holes. His long history with Holland leads me to think that this not an impossible scenario
The Oilers can afford to carry an overpaid, though functional forward who can still play. They cannot afford to waste their winning window, cap and roster spot on a down and maybe hopeful up platoon goaltender. Let the Leafs 80 person management group buy their way out of a massive, massive banana peel slip.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
That would have to a pretty cheap 3 year contract to be worth it, otherwise you're trading Puljujarvi for nothing really.

Not really. If the dichotomy is get Kane for 3 years (even with no discount) or not have Kane at all because he signed a 5 year ticket elsewhere then I'd be happy to trade Puljujarvi for that to happen. Puljujarvi for a 40-50 goal scorer on a reasonable term is a good deal especially when we're trying to win a cup in the exact term of Kane's contract.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I’m going off the report that came out after that said Pulju and Agent don’t see a fit due to “no room in the Top 6”. Has that report been debunked?

The best we can discern from the outside is that there does seem to be some friction between Jesse's camp and the Oilers camp, there has been suggestion that Lehto et al. feel he is a bonafide top 6 option, which is accurate. The Oilers are the ones with the hammer and theyre using it of their own agency in a way that is highly probable to be detrimental to the overall quality of the roster. I think its a bit of a reach to be aggressively calling out Jesse as selfish when there were multiple reports about his "fit" in the locker room, etc, and other factors being discussed including arbitration eligibility, that dont really have anything to do with Jesse being selfish or not. If the Oilers are afraid that a 3rd party independent arbitrator might award him more than theyre comfortable with based on all of his numbers, maybe its because he is worth it and the Oilers are undervaluing his contributions. Its been the cause of 99% of our wounds so far so why wouldnt it be occams razor this tine.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The best we can discern from the outside is that there does seem to be some friction between Jesse's camp and the Oilers camp, there has been suggestion that Lehto et al. feel he is a bonafide top 6 option, which is accurate. The Oilers are the ones with the hammer and theyre using it of their own agency in a way that is highly probable to be detrimental to the overall quality of the roster. I think its a bit of a reach to be aggressively calling out Jesse as selfish when there were multiple reports about his "fit" in the locker room, etc, and other factors being discussed including arbitration eligibility, that dont really have anything to do with Jesse being selfish or not. If the Oilers are afraid that a 3rd party independent arbitrator might award him more than theyre comfortable with based on all of his numbers, maybe its because he is worth it and the Oilers are undervaluing his contributions. Its been the cause of 99% of our wounds so far so why wouldnt it be occams razor this tine.
Oh please. I’m going to go with the very simple and easy assumption that the guy who tried to force his way off this team is once again forcing his way off this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad