Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Chris Johnston: "SJS & EDM have re-engaged on Erik Karlsson trade discussions"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Trading Barrie, JP and three 1sts or Bouchard and two 1sts is a bigger haul than Ottawa got when they traded Karlsson while he was in his prime. How does that offer make sense now that he’s 5 years older and has been declining every year except this one?
Cause we would have 4.5 years of Karlsson Ottawa traded him with only a year left.

And that’s not a bigger haul than Ottawa got.
Ottawa got 2 1sts, 1 2nds, Norris (19oa the year before), Balcers, Tierney. For only 1 year.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

just-do-it-do-it.gif

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Cause we would have 4.5 years of Karlsson Ottawa traded him with only a year left.

And that’s not a bigger haul than Ottawa got.
Ottawa got 2 1sts, 1 2nds, Norris (19oa the year before), Balcers, Tierney. For only 1 year.
San Jose made that trade with the intention of extending him. They don’t offer that package for a rental.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Idk. It's not that hard a stretch to have him at 8.5 AAV. Johnston was spittballing 7.5 AAV

It's hard for following seasons but a few expensive players would cover that 8.5 pretty easily if we needed to
they are not doing the math right--at 8.5 for this + 4 years means we will need to get very luck with players on ELC and vets so desperate for a contract they will take league min

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I wonder if there's a team out there that would give up something good for Barrie.

Probably get more value out of trading him for futures then flipping them to San Jose.
The idea is to upgrade him though not just trying to dump his contract. let’s say we trade him for futures and then SJ backs out we are to put it quite bluntly ****ed

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This wouldn’t be my preference, but:

Barrie for Garland + Schenn (retained)

Bouchard + Yamamoto + Pulju + 1st for Karlsson (retained)

Kane - McD - Hyman
Foegele - Drai - Garland
Kostin - RNH - Janmark
Holloway - McLeod - Ryan

Nurse - Karlsson
Kulak - Ceci
Broberg - Schenn

Then if you get Bjugstad you could move RNH to second line wing with Drai and put Bjugstad at third line C.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
San Jose made that trade with the intention of extending him. They don’t offer that package for a rental.
Of course, but remaining contract is still a factor. Term always comes with a price.

And no chance either of the pucks we give up end up 2oa

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Karlsson had an Achilles injury a few years ago, that one is probably in the rear view mirror. But since 2018 he’s had 3 separate groin injuries on both sides. That is a problem. At his age that is a real problem.

I’m laughing , Ottawa sell out for Edmonton but there can’t be 1/2 the attendance for these sad sacks from Stinkytown.

Reactions: McDoused

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Barrie PJ 1st in 2023 Bourgault and a second in 2024 for EK at 7.45 per pull the trigger now.
where do we get the other 3 mill from? There is a reason why we expect Bison king to be waived when Yamamoto comes of the IR on Wednesday. Yam coming back puts us over the cap

Flames were up two on the Senators with a minute and a half left in the third. The Sens won in overtime!!!
and we just lost to Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad