Rumor: Rumors or Proposals Thread | Who Do You Look to Move on From in the Offseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Even if you have to retain a bit it’s better than a buyout. If you retain 1 mil on kass you could probably even get a pick back.
Kassian cap hit is higher then his pay this next year

3.5 million this year retain 30% = 1.05M = 2.45M
2.3 million next year retain 30% = 690K = 1.61M

Works out to about 2 million a season . Should be able to move him for a late pick

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He's not a crappy goalie. Why would he admit to stupid media clowns that he wants to leave?

If Nurse didn't have good hockey IQ, he wouldn't be a #2 Dman.
According to his actual performances he is. According to hopes and prayers, maybe not.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Kassian cap hit is higher then his pay this next year

3.5 million this year retain 30% = 1.05M = 2.45M
2.3 million next year retain 30% = 690K = 1.61M

Works out to about 2 million a season . Should be able to move him for a late pick
I honestly thought he was a free agent after next season. Another 2 years of Kassian?! That contract is immovable.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I honestly thought he was a free agent after next season. Another 2 years of Kassian?! That contract is immovable.
No kidding, it's literally been my point the entire time.

As for the NHL and the recapture, the Oilers should file a grievance and send the league notice they plan to exceed the cap by Keith's cap hit next season.

Reactions: McHelpus

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Players can retire any time that they want. There would be nothing to investigate. It's the LTIRetirements that are sketchy. But there is nothing in place that would prevent a player from retiring of their own volition and taking a front-office job, nor should there.
I don't disagree but Bettman

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The league invented prorating of goals in the Neal trade. Invented prorating of standings for the bubble moving EDM down. Penalized EDM for hiring Chiarelli who was fired and McLennan who had a mutual departure right before changing the rules.

Remind me again how this f***ing league doesn't choose to screw us? f*** off.

bUt BeTmAn SaVeD tHe TeAm FrOm ReLoCaTiOn

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
The league invented prorating of goals in the Neal trade. Invented prorating of standings for the bubble moving EDM down. Penalized EDM for hiring Chiarelli who was fired and McLennan who had a mutual departure right before changing the rules.

Remind me again how this f***ing league doesn't choose to screw us? f*** off.
Yup, it's only unfair to other teams if a rule benefits the Oilers 4on 4 removed because of Oilers and was brought back when the Oilers were no longer significant. And let us not forget revamping the whole NHL draft because of Oilers and that Karma landed us McDavid. NHL is a Fn joke

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
How about if our tool of a GM does not sign guys to awful contracts and then does not get taken to the cleaners on a trade for an over the hill player.

Both the Kassian contract and the Keith move one could see were awful the moment they were made, well except for our gm.

Kassian has actually been a much worse player after signing his fat deal. If I am another team I'll ask the oilers to retain and ask for an asset. The guy has negative value.

Reactions: Trafalgar Sadge Law

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
It is hard to prove until its not. Keith would have no jeopardy from this so if he said anything to anyone or if the relationship between he and the team went bad the team would have big problems.

If Keith is willing to retire get him to agree to be traded for a buyout.
If Keith is willing to retire why are you trading him ?

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
If he had elite hockey IQ he'd be a top 5 defenceman in the league. He's probably the single most physically gifted D-man in the league.
Hedman is probs more physically gifted than him just b/c of the skating and reach (obviously way less nasty and physical tho) but ya if you just go off a NFL-type combine Nurse would top most categories.

Reactions: ujju2

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Who do you suggest replace Kane on the first line then?
At this very moment Hyman, RNH and Yamamoto make up 3/4 of our top six wing depth. Assuming Puljujarvi is traded, there's a pretty attractive spot for an offensively skilled FA to potentially juice his numbers.

Let's call players like that 'fluff'.

Because they bring very little to the table other than their ability to put up OK production despite the fact they play with otherworldly offensive talent.

Players like that fall off of a cliff in a playoff series when they aren't producing. Florida was the prime example of that this year.

Top six only players are a dime-a-dozen in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad