Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Too Much Reality, Bring Back the Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
I'd much rather go after Matt Carle than Kris Russell, if indeed we are still looking for a left-shot puck mover.

Both are exceptional skaters but Carle is less of a train wreck in his own end.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Davidson can play the right side so there is room for Nurse long term. Also if we acquire someone good like Barrie we would have to protect 4D and 4F next season.
Nurse is exempt.

Having said that with Hall gone there arent a whole lot of forwards that need protecting

I'm pretty confident that 8S1G is the template the team is aiming for in the expansion draft. The teams plan is to lose Pouliot.

You are right that Nurse being expansion exempt is the biggest thing he has going for him right now though.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Makes sense. Get a 1st and 2 2nds for a better young d-man that was looking for 6mil, but give up way more in picks and money.

There must be something in the water GMs there drink that make them go a little insane.

Probably moldy 200 year old tea

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Very happy to hear Korpikoski is getting bought out.

Shows that Chia can acknowledge a mistake he made quickly

and hopefully...

that the analytics department still has some small sway in terms of decision making.

I think cap space for a 4th liner comes into play as well. Guy didn't perform as well as PC would've hoped and it was looking like Kopri would be a 4th liner or worse. Try another guy out I guess.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd much rather go after Matt Carle than Kris Russell, if indeed we are still looking for a left-shot puck mover.

Carle's offense is gone. He might just be done. If he was a guy I had confidence to be a 30 point guy a Fayne for Carle deal probably would've made sense.

Does he even get a contract or is it PTO?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I still don't understand why Col needs RNH. Seems like a weird trade to me.

They've talked about moving Duchene so it could make sense. I don't really try to figure out COL though. Roy makes a decision on a guy and it's very hard to change his mind.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I still don't understand why Col needs RNH. Seems like a weird trade to me.

I think the logic that some of us are using to justify it (because I agree at face value it doesn't make sense) is that they acquire Eberle or RNH for Barrie and than trade a Landeskog or Duchene for a better d-man elsewhere.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I think the logic that some of us are using to justify it (because I agree at face value it doesn't make sense) is that they acquire Eberle or RNH for Barrie and than trade a Landeskog or Duchene for a better d-man elsewhere.

There is also the 'Sakic and Roy don't appear to have any idea what they're doing' angle.

The very idea that Barrie is potentially attainable doesn't make any sense.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I agree, it's also bizarre cause they sound stubborn on not trading him for a RHD upgrade based on rumours.

Nurse for Barrie and even a pick to make it work I would be all over.

If you are willing to trade Hall because you think LW is a position of strength, atleast deal a guy like Nurse from a true position of strength.

I think Nurse is a lock for this roster next season as a bottom pairing guy. He should be able to play with Davidson on his right side.

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Demers
Nurse-Davidson
Gryba

Reinhart in the AHL.

I'm not too worried about the PPQB. Sekera can run it but doesn't have that one timer. Davidson should be able to fill that void. Also if that fails just sign Ehrhoff for super cheap.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

This is also my reading of the tea leaves. Barrie is gone, but the surprise will be when Colorado moves one of the two forwards you mentioned.

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
take this for what it's worth...through my work, met bob nicholson at the fireaid event yesterday at commonwealth...ad verbatim

"we took a lot of heat today, but just hang tight and wait till tomorrow (i.e. today)"

obviously he didn't want to mention specifics but food for thought

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
take this for what it's worth...through my work, met bob nicholson at the fireaid event yesterday at commonwealth...ad verbatim

"we took a lot of heat today, but just hang tight and wait till tomorrow (i.e. today)"

I've been waiting for tomorrow since 2006.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB

Hope rumors!

I missed hope rumors.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Interesting....

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

I don't think there is anything that could possibly happen that will redeem the Hall trade in one day. If the team becomes a beast this season then the trade could be redeemed then, but not by today. :(

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada

Wow.
Things could get interesting.
I'm just glad Chia is working hard to improve the team.
I'm still happy with Larsson.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

They should literally just use this as their motto and plaster it to the front of Rogers Place.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

I prefer Russell to Carle, but I don't think we should entertain adding either one. I'm also still baffled why multiple teams apparently value Russel higher than Hamhuis.

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
They should literally just use this as their motto and plaster it to the front of Rogers Place.

Somehow I found that funny, but we already going to get rid of Korpikoski which is something fans has been hoping for months. Isn't that enough :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad