Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Too Much Reality, Bring Back the Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Last thread is well over 1K. A mod probably needs to close!

Lets get this next one started.

Chia says they still need to address PP QB on the back end.

Stauffer thinks this Larsson/Hall deal makes Demers less likely, not more likely and thinks another deal will happen for an offensive puck moving RHD

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Barrie would be a great add and a perfect compliment to the Larsson addition IMO. Ideally he costs Eberle + not RNH or RNH +.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
RNH for Wideman
Does that get it done or do the Oilers need to add?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
McKenzie mentioned Oilers still looking for a 2nd pairing d-man to run their PP and mentioned Barrie

but now I'm REALLY scared of the price...

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Barrie

Would be a solid top 4. But unless we're bringing in some replacements for these forwards we're trading out, we're going to leave ourselves with a very inexperienced forward group.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
From where I sit, if we needed Hall to get Larsson then Barrie is going to cost McDavid.

I would avoid trading more roster players at this point. If we're banking on a more balanced roster helping us out in the win column then an improved season next year should help repair the reputation of some our players around the league.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Barrie

Would be a solid top 4. But unless we're bringing in some replacements for these forwards we're trading out, we're going to leave ourselves with a very inexperienced forward group.

Oilers need to maintain their history of being unable to shelter rookies. Having any depth to play ahead of Puljujarvi wouldn't be the Oilers way.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
McKenzie mentioned Oilers still looking for a 2nd pairing d-man to run their PP and mentioned Barrie

but now I'm REALLY scared of the price...

Honestly even if it costs you RNH, adding Barrie and Larsson makes this team better than it was before, even without adding Lucic.

Maroon-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Eberle

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Barrie
Davidson-Fayne

Still a very good top 6, and now a well rounded defence.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I seriously can't take all this negativity in here. Hall for Larsson is done. Was it fair value? No. Does this solve a need? yes. Did we have to pay through our noses? yes. I knew this was going to happen but I am happy we got Larsson as it fills a HUGE need for us.

Now let's talk about what Chiarelli is gonna do next WITHOUT the sarcastic "RNH for Wideman" crap, please?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Barrie

Lucic replaces Hall
RNH is moved for Barrie
Eberle stays

who replaces RNH? who knows

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Chia is not stupid contrary to what people think due to today's deal. Lucic + Larsson incoming > Hall alone. I doubt that he trades RNH for an un-extended Shattenkirk. If he gets the player for Eberle IMO it's a major win for us.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
They're not getting Barrie IMO. If that deal was there to be had, Chia would've made it. Colorado needs D almost as bad as well do, trading him was always kind of an idiotic proposition.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm one of the only ones that liked the Hall move. But I don't want to see RNH go for a PP D. RNH's value is he gives our centers room to breath and I think once he fills out his frame we are going to see a player that is better all around then Hall anyways.

Eberle I think they keep because they like what he brings with McDavid.

Give Larsson PP time. I think all he needs is an oppurtunity and he will SHINE.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Barrie would be a great add and a perfect compliment to the Larsson addition IMO. Ideally he costs Eberle + not RNH or RNH +.

Honestly I'm not sure we can afford to trade Eberle now. And I'm trying to say that as neutrally on Nuge as I can. You trade Eberle and all of a sudden this team doesn't have a single winger who has ever scored even 20 goals in the league.

This team can't absorb the loss of both Hall and Eberle.

Given the situation, if I had to chose, I'm saying goodbye to Nuge.

But lets be honest. We just gave up Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson. It's probably going to be Eberle+RNH for Barrie :laugh:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Barrie

Pretty sure that Lucic will be an Oiler in short order. He's no Hall, but he's not chopped liver either. Ideally he costs less than Hall too although I'm not sure that would be the case. If I had my way I'd deal Eberle for Shattenkirk extended or Barrie.

Lucic-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Pouliot/Maroon-RNH-Draisaitl

Still a very solid top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad