Rumor: Rumors and Proposals: One week until free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Lol, yet another thread derailed with the pointless Yakupov vs Eberle debate...

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
I wouldnt trust Jordan Eberle to be able to do up his skates without a better player next to him helping him through it. The guy has not had to play without excellent offensive support his entire career, and has still managed to regress steadily since his second year.

We get it, you dont like Yakupov. News flash: everyone on this board is disappointed with his play.

But at least he shows a spark here or there of an incredible player hidden behind a heap of boneheaded plays. He really hasnt been given much of a chance, even after an impressive showing next to McDavid.

I wouldnt take Yakupov over Eberle, but at the end of the day, neither of them are currently worth their contracts. At least Yakupov's wont prove to be an albatross.
Is this a joke, Eberle has proven to be 10x the player yakupov is, and his contract isn't an albatross, and has proven to be able to score point's without them being spoonfed to them, unlike yakupov.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Eberle+Future for Shattenkirk (if we could resign him)
Sign Demers

Pouliot - McDavid - Yakupov
Hall - Draisaitl - Puujarvi
Maroon - RNH - Brouwer
Kassian - Letestu - Hendriks

Klefbom - Shattenkirk
Sekera - Demers
Davidson - Osterle
Gryba

Talbot

Right wing looks kinda gross but that's probably a playoff team

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
Is this a joke, Eberle has proven to be 10x the player yakupov is, and his contract isn't an albatross, and has proven to be able to score point's without them being spoonfed to them, unlike yakupov.

When did he prove that? 2010-11? I honestly cant remember when he was actually a player that could drive a line, but I hope he returns to it. Eberle has been spoonfed the easy minutes with the best players on the Oilers his entire career; we actually have no idea if he could perform on his own at this point. Considering the coaches have never tried him as a driver on his own, im guessing they know the answer.

Never said Eberle wasn't 10x Yakupov. Yakupov has been a mess. I said Eberle's contract could prove to be an albatross, especially if he keeps regressing. I would already say it's a bad contract.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
When did he prove that? 2010-11? I honestly cant remember when he was actually a player that could drive a line, but I hope he returns to it. Eberle has been spoonfed the easy minutes with the best players on the Oilers his entire career; we actually have no idea if he could perform on his own at this point. Considering the coaches have never tried him as a driver on his own, im guessing they know the answer.

Never said Eberle wasn't 10x Yakupov. Yakupov has been a mess. I said Eberle's contract could prove to be an albatross, especially if he keeps regressing. I would already say it's a bad contract.

Maybe he keep's getting on the line with other good player's, cause he's a good player and knows how to finish and where to go, half the time Yak is on the ice hes not even looking at the puck so it's hard to pass to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad