Rumor: Rumors and Proposals: One week until free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
So why exactly is Yak better? He can't score for beans. His shot is inaccurate as all hell which is probably the worst trait a sniper can have.

And his passing is inaccurate, poor vision, poor positioning, confusing decision making, atrocious in his own end, poor practice habits, etc, etc, etc

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
the man asked BEST OPPORTUNITY

charity isn't needed in the nhl

put on some big boy pants and leave the hand outs and diapers for the khl wannabes

frankly I want to see him in camp get beat by a couple guys at Draft+1 stage

not sure what his deal is but he is scary bad

if you run my team like a charity case handing ice time to people who waste it...yes...they get taken out back and a hole dug for them. they aren't needed. also the guy wants out. he doesn't like you man...sorry he doesn't want to be here. hes a whiner

I really want this cancer situation dealt with already

but charity was ok for Eberle and co.

i would want to be on a team that would give me a chance to succeed too if i was him

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
his shot was just fine the first season, more scoring opportunities the more he is going to score, all players miss many shots. when you are playing 3rd line minutes with scrubs and Letestu taking up PP time you are not going to get many shot attempts

Then go to the net and bang in a rebound. Yak plays a perimeter game which is fine if you can hit the net but he can't. He'd be better served scoring greasy goals. Don't need Connor McDavid to go to the net.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

i would want to be on a team that would give me a chance to succeed too if i was him

Eberle is a hands down better player in every single aspect of the game except shot velocity and maybe physicality (for the once in a while Yak throws a few hits in a game). Not even close.

Has nothing to do with ice time, has nothing to do with being "gifted" opportunities (which is confusing because he has consistently performed in his role) it is because he is a flat out better hockey player.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Christ I can't believe people are still trying to argue that Yakupov still has some sort of value to this organization or around the league. Dude is going to be out of the league within the next 2-3 years and he'll go down as the worst first overall pick in the modern NHL.

Such a tiresome argument. How do people have any faith in such a crappy hockey player?

At very best he's a 2nd/3rd line tweener on a team with no depth.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009

xharity? are you serious. lol.

I want everyone on this board to look at proven oilers stats from 5 freakin years of proof... then at this guys statement...

yeah...giving your top 25 rw in league...top line minutes is charity

you think giving hall and pouliot time is charity? hmm?

whatever I hate yakupov more because of all this charity insanity. he wants out let him go. no more yak talk for me.

he doesn't exist anymore as an oiler as far as I am concerned

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
And his passing is inaccurate, poor vision, poor positioning, confusing decision making, atrocious in his own end, poor practice habits, etc, etc, etc

How the hell would you know?

Regardless, unless Chiarelli has a deal in his back pocket, Yak is on the team again next year. Chiarelli dodging the question at the draft kind of hints at that. And despite what people seem to believe on these trade boards, organizational depth is a good thing. Even when it isn't a six million dollar replacement. ;)

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Christ I can't believe people are still trying to argue that Yakupov still has some sort of value to this organization or around the league. Dude is going to be out of the league within the next 2-3 years and he'll go down as the worst first overall pick in the modern NHL.

Such a tiresome argument. How do people have any faith in such a crappy hockey player?

I think there's something there but Yakupov has to show it. His inability to adapt to the NHL game is what is hurting him the most. He just doesn't have the tools or smarts and I'm not sure that's going to change. I don't think dumping him is the right idea but if he doesn't get at least 15 goals this year that should be the end of the line for him.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

Yeah. Yak is done. Time to move on.

People are upset because he was a waste of a 1st. We were just gifted McDavid and Pulju. Hold on to the past and you never move forward. It's like not wanting to break up with someone because of all the time you invested, even though you know its never going to work.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Regardless, unless Chiarelli has a deal in his back pocket, Yak is on the team again next year. Chiarelli dodging the question at the draft kind of hints at that. And despite what people seem to believe on these trade boards, organizational depth is a good thing. Even when it isn't a six million dollar replacement. ;)

Depth is only good when the players are good. Just having players doesn't make a team deep.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009

if he is still here for camp he will be on waivers fast. some draft +1 prospect will take his spot easily and give us what we need.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

The multiple reports that have said he farts around with his slapshot and one timer all practice rather than working on pretty much every single other part of the game that he needs to improve on if he ever has a prayer of being an effective player.

Stauffer reported that last year when other guys were working on PP systems (the thing it would make sense for him to practice) he was on the other end of the ice bombing pucks at the net.

He has literally zero idea what he needs to do to get better.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Depth is only good when the players are good. Just having players doesn't make a team deep.

No doubt. Which team is deeper - one with a defensively responsible 3rd line RW that chips in ~15 goals and plays a physical game or one with Yak on the 3rd line?

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
id even take MPS back for Yak

MPS had a good iq and never complained that the oilers messed his development (which they definitely did)

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
The multiple reports that have said he farts around with his slapshot and one timer all practice rather than working on pretty much every single other part of the game that he needs to improve on if he ever has a prayer of being an effective player.

Stauffer reported that last year when other guys were working on PP systems (the thing it would make sense for him to practice) he was on the other end of the ice bombing pucks at the net.

That's actually kind of funny.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
But Yak has never had a decent chance on the PP. Letestu "earned" that spot because he can take a faceoff....that's it.
False. Yak had more PP time than he deserved. He was useless.
Doesn't absolve the first unit of being almost as bad, but if you watched the games you saw Yak on the PP plenty.
Doesn't matter what the man advantage is, if you don't know where to stand on the ice you may as well not be out there.
Well, I look forward to see what this board is like when Patrick Maroon sees his first cold streak.
Yup as usual. When all else fails and stone cold logic is staring you in the face, the first reaction of a many Yakupov fans is to look around real quick for someone else to throw under the bus.

oilinblood is bang on. The NHL isn't a charity and Yakupov has coasted for four years on his draft status. Its not a "cold streak" as you suggest above.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
St. Louis can go where the sun don't shine. Their asks for Shattenkirk have been ridiculous. They asked for Larkin from Detroit.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Eberle has been our leading goal scorer almost every year he's been here. He never needed McDavid and he suffered through some abysmal lineups. Wasn't Horcoff his center a few times?

I get that Yakupov put up points next to McDavid, but it's McConnor McFreaking McDavid. Yakupov still didn't score a whole lot. And the scariest thing about Yakupov's career is that he's been pretty healthy through most of it and has still been a disappointment.

The point of the game of hockey is to win. Does Yakupov on McDavid's wing give you the best opportunity?

It's always funny to see how wrong you are especially with the way you try to argue about Eberle. Yakupov led the team in goals his rookie year you know when being paired with actually talented top 6 players. Eberle has played with Hall, Pouliot, Mcdavid, Horcoff, and Hopkins for basically his entire career of course he is going to score goals with those players. You always just gloss over the fact that when anyone mentions the fact Eberle would struggle just as much as yakupov playing with bottom 6ers in Letestu/Gordon you just say Eberle scores more. You never actually address the fact that if Eberle had 80 percent of his games with the likes of Letestu/Lander/Gordon he wouldn't put up half the production he does. We all got an example of it his year when he had to play 10 games on the 3rd line and was absolutely atrocious.

Wasn't Horcoff his center? Yea, and guess what at the time Horcoff was the teams best centerman. How does that argument work in your favor.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
xharity? are you serious. lol.

I want everyone on this board to look at proven oilers stats from 5 freakin years of proof... then at this guys statement...

yeah...giving your top 25 rw in league...top line minutes is charity

you think giving hall and pouliot time is charity? hmm?

whatever I hate yakupov more because of all this charity insanity. he wants out let him go. no more yak talk for me.

he doesn't exist anymore as an oiler as far as I am concerned

talking about when he was first playing, did he get put in the bottom 6 when he had bad stretches of games no. always had the best icetime and linemates possible

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

I read the report you're talking about and even Staples says he doesn't know the context of why he wasn't engaged. I get that he's a different kid, which is why he's probably having problems fitting in to this locker room, but even when he's not producing he's still creating chances. Those chances aren't being capitalized on.

To say 'let's grab a guy who plays physical and scores 15 goals' is pretty hopeful. Our bottom six has been offensively barren since we were graced with the Brodziak-Glencross-Stortini line years ago. To think you can just flip Yakupov for beans, then slot someone else in that place and think you'll get those points is extremely presumptuous.

Without looking too far, we can assume there's no market for Nail. So giving him away would simply be poor asset management. He's an Edmonton Oiler until he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad