Rumor: Rumor & Proposals Thread XVII-- Last person to leave TO please turn off the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
i dont think its necessarily true that Petry's stock goes up as every other Dman gets traded. Every trade means one less buyer as well.

I just hope we get something decent

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Those 3 plus Tampa Bay are in the mix and Calgary is interested in a RHD and have shown a small amount of interest from what I've heard, I think most of us don't talk about Calgary cause I don't think anyone wants to see us trade Petry to them.

Anaheim and Detroit GM's I believe have spoken about how important it is too be stingy/not overpay on short term rentals this year.

I wonder if petry for backlund would work? The flames have monahan, hudler, and Bennett at center next year. Coborne is an ok 3rd as well.

Backlund is Rfa and is looking for close to 4. He is probably gone this summer.

If we added a 3rd, I would do that trade

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I wonder if petry for backlund would work? The flames have monahan, hudler, and Bennett at center next year. Coborne is an ok 3rd as well.

Trading with the flames? Hell no.

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario

What are the Oilers going to do with Backlund if he is looking for 4mil :shakehead

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
i dont think its necessarily true that Petry's stock goes up as every other Dman gets traded. Every trade means one less buyer as well.

I just hope we get something decent

Every trade also puts pressure on the teams looking for D to keep up with those that have added.

Anyone else hoping LA kicks the **** out of Anaheim tonight so it spurs the Ducks on a bit?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

Backlund is an advanced stats darling, I was interested in him before, with Lander emerging he isn't quite as necessary cause they fill a similair void, but definitely not a player I would turn away; even just watching him on occasion his smarts and stick positioning it's not hard to see why he drives possession. I think he will be hard pressed to get $4 million from anyone as an RFA, I wouldn't sign him to that much, but if that is what he is saying he wants presently it's probably a good sign because his demands only come down from there, anything close to $3 million a year on a long term deal is pretty reasonable.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Every trade also puts pressure on the teams looking for D to keep up with those that have added.

Anyone else hoping LA kicks the **** out of Anaheim tonight so it spurs the Ducks on a bit?

Ducks are primed to get bounced in the first round. For a team that's second in the west, they are only +8 in the goal differential.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Ducks are primed to get bounced in the first round. For a team that's second in the west, they are only +8 in the goal differential.

Damn it, they tied it up. So long as they think they can beat LA in a 7 game I don't think they will make a major move.

I agree though. I don't see the Ducks as a serious cup threat. Nashville either for that matter

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Well ****, LA...

Oh well. Since Petry seems unlikely to sign. I hope he plays fantastic tomorrow and convinces a GM to make a strong offer.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
JTS started up the next thread and rather than let this one bleed over tomorrow I will shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad