Rumor: Rumor & Proposals Thread XVII-- Last person to leave TO please turn off the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
TEAM A | Players | to | Team B | Players |
Maple Leafs |David Clarkson | to | Blue Jackets |Nathan Horton |
New Jersey Devils | Jaromir Jahr | to | Florida Panther | 2015 2nd rounder and 2016 3rd rounder |
Columbas Blue Jackets | Adam Cracknell | to | St Louis Blues B | Future consideration |
LA KINGS | 2015 1st round pick and Roland McKeown | to | Carolina Hurracane | D, Andrej Sekera |*if LAK miss the playoffs this year it will be the 1st rounder in 2016
Toronto Maple Leaf | F. Daniel Winnik | to | Pittspurgh Penguins | 2016 2nd rounder, 2015 4th and Zack Sill |
Winnipeg Jets | 2016 3 round pick and 2015 6th round pick | to | Carolina Hurranes | F.Jiri Tlusty |
Minnasota wild | 3rd round pick | to | Florida Panthers | Sean Bergenheim |
Montreal Canadian | F Jiri Sekac | to | Anaheim Duck | F Devante Smith-Pell |
Toronto Maple Leafs | Cody Franson and Mike SAntorelli | to | Nashville Preditors | Oli Jokinen, LW. Brneden Leipsic and 2015 first round pick |
Chicago Black Hawks | 2nd round 2015+ 4th round 2016 | to | Philadelphia Flyers | D Kimmo Timonen |
TEAM A | Players | to | Team B | Players |
|

what has happened this week

Last edited:

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Petry for a second? That's exactly the return I'd expect. A signing would be the best news, but he's gone IMO

Do we trade Yak while he getting warm? not until the offseason, if at all. Definitely not a deadline deal, but I don't see MacT moving him at all

Do we pawn Gordon and Hendricks for something? i could get behind moving Hendricks for the right return (2nd), but don't see that ever being offered. Gordon I keep regardless.

If we're REALLY lucky, we find takers for Purcell and/or Nikitin. Ference would be outstanding as well.

I see a Petry deal, and maybe Fasth too. Possibly a minor league deal.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Trade Petry if he won't sign. Trade Fasth when he's reasonably healthy - even a 6th is better than nothing. Keep Gordon and Hendricks. Trade Ference.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Petry for a second? That's exactly the return I'd expect. A signing would be the best news, but he's gone IMO

Do we trade Yak while he getting warm? not until the offseason, if at all. Definitely not a deadline deal, but I don't see MacT moving him at all

Do we pawn Gordon and Hendricks for something? i could get behind moving Hendricks for the right return (2nd), but don't see that ever being offered. Gordon I keep regardless.

If we're REALLY lucky, we find takers for Purcell and/or Nikitin. Ference would be outstanding as well.

I see a Petry deal, and maybe Fasth too. Possibly a minor league deal.

Best trading partner would T-Bay, make the pick conditional, 2nd if Petry walks from the Lightning at the end of the season, we get the Rangers 1st if Petry re-signs by the draft, or Tbay '16 1st if he re-signs after the draft. Probably the best kind of deal we could get for him

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Is it really a debate as to whether or not we keep Gordon and Hendricks? We complain for ages that we have no useful vets but then we trade the ones that are useful for a 2nd round pick that might be a roster player six years from now?

C'mon. Picks are nice but at some point enough is enough.

I used to think the Oilers would deal Yakupov at the draft, but I think that's obviously off now. Even if he isn't in the long term plans, you keep letting his value rise now that he's producing again. You're going to need someone for Draisaitl to play with eventually anyway.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Also I want a freaking player-prospect back for Petry. Not another pick.

I want someone who is only 1-2 years away from playing or maybe could even play next year.

Not someone who's 4-6 years away.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
I don't even know if I'd want them to get a prospect back. They're so clueless they'll probably end up with another Colton Teubert. Then again they're pretty awful with 2nd round picks too.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So a second pairing defenseman for a 2nd round pick that will most likely never make an impact in the NHL
This is why we will always be in the basement of the NHL

WoolyWhatsIt

Jul 28, 2009
After watching Josh Manson, who Matheson tweeted about yesterday, I wouldn't be opposed to having him and a 3rd coming back. Gives us a warm big right handed shot D man. I thought he looked solid tonight,

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So a second pairing defenseman for a 2nd round pick that will most likely never make an impact in the NHL

we have it easy though. Boston is going to have to walk away from Soderberg, or do something like trade Chara.

Imo losing Petry could be okay considering the cap crunch this offseason. We just need to see what's out there, by signing and trade. Who knows? Maybe we'll trade Petry now and then sign him in July. It doesn't have to be him though. There's going to be someone comparable out there.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Most likely. I think it'll end up being something like Josh Manson and a 3rd. Manson and a 2nd if we're lucky. Pretty terrible.

Also frustrating that Montreal gets Subban 2nd round. Chicago gets Keith 2nd round. Nashville gets Weber 2nd round. The Sharks get Vlasic 2nd round. The Penguins get Letang 3rd round. The Jets get Byfuglien from a round that doesn't even exist anymore. The Sens get Karlsson for a mid-pack 1st. We get Petry in the 2nd round - and we're going to trade him for a 2nd round re-do.

Proof that:

1) we can't draft for ****
2) we can't develop for ****
3) even when our blind squirrels find the odd nut, we 'challenge them on 1 year contract' when they're UFA's, because we aren't sure if we have a nut or a turd, even when all the squirrels that CAN see assure us that yes, it's definitely a nut.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
So the teams most interested in Petry appear to be Anaheim, Montreal, Tampa Bay, and Detroit; I think the Kings had mild interest. Does anyone have a young player or prospect that they really like in one of these organizations, that might realistically be made available for Petry.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
So the teams most interested in Petry appear to be Anaheim, Montreal, Tampa Bay, and Detroit; I think the Kings had mild interest. Does anyone have a young player or prospect that they really like in one of these organizations, that might realistically be made available for Petry.

Vasilevski, Nesterov, Mrazek, Sproul all interest me. I think the guy we'd be most likely to get would be Nesterov which wouldn't be the end of the world as he could play on our 3rd pairing next year and still has some upside.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

Looking up Tampa's d-prospects

Dylan Blujus 21 6'3 198 40th overall in '12
Koekkoek Slater 21 6'2 184 10th overall in '12 (being he's a 1st rd player, doubt he moves)

Artem Sergeev 21 6'3 203

Has anybody ever seen these guys play?

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Remember when we traded cogs for a 2nd....good times....NHL player for a pic that might not even get an NHL contract

Cogs needed a swift kick in the pants (trade) before he became the player he is today. Same thing will happen with Petry and Schultz that happened with Cogliano and Dubnyk.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Looking up Tampa's d-prospects

Dylan Blujus 21 6'3 198 40th overall in '12
Koekkoek Slater 21 6'2 184 10th overall in '12 (being he's a 1st rd player, doubt he moves)

Artem Sergeev 21 6'3 203

Has anybody ever seen these guys play?

Jake Dotchin is the guy I'd be after.

Big, mean and skilled right-handed defenseman.

Loved him when he was with Owen Sound.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
We could always add, say Petry + Marincin for a solid D prospect return

A team could then have a prospect back and a solid journeyman for their playoff run this year while we take the better prospect back to our stable.

Don't see why teams wouldn't consider a slight downgrade in prospect in order to boost their playoffs, but MacT might not be a guy capable of pulling off such things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad