Prospect Info: Round 4, Pick 106: Matthew Strome, LW, Hamilton (OHL)

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Entwistle was in the bottom 6 all year though. Strome got the best linemates, like Bitten.

He was up and down all season between 1st lines 2nd and 3rd with injuries now with our top line gone in Cramarossa Luff and Petti u can bet he both will get top line minutes this upcoming season

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
again when you get picked at this point of the draft you likely have some flaws you need work on. He is a poor skater taken in the 5th round.
reminds me of someone else who was taken in round 5 by the Flyers and would of been picked higher if it wasnt for his skating.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Strome's worst ranking was 76 and his best was 29. The Flyers got him at 106. Some of you will complain about anything.

I understand that scouting service rankings define your happiness, but this is not true for everyone. Some of the people who strongly dislike this pick are the same ones immediately defending the Frost pick last night.

Ultimately, it's a mid-late rounder and unlikely to ever be an NHLer no matter who they choose. I don't think Strome can play up a level. I hope I'm wrong.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Even if he improves his skating a bit, to reasonable slow? Solid 3rd liner likely.

There are other slow guys in speed, but as is the Strome curse, he has a habit of playing slow too. Everyone is trying to improve their skating, so he needs to improve it at a higher rate even. It's not just first strides, it's everything.

Entwistle was in the bottom 6 all year though. Strome got the best linemates, like Bitten.

I'm asking, if right now his skating was like Schenns was last year (neither fast nor slow, not a strength but also not a weakness), what does the rest of his game make it look like he could be?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

I'm not expecting much, but Bitten isn't exactly a star himself and Strome outscored him. I think it's fair to say he was at least pulling his own weight. I'm being positive here. :laugh:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He just has to stake well enough to play PF, we saw this with Schenn, subpar skater for center, but good enough for RW.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
A lot of LA Kings-type picks.

I'm not a big Strome fan, but at 106 I'm not going to complain.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I understand that scouting service rankings define your happiness, but this is not true for everyone. Some of the people who strongly dislike this pick are the same ones immediately defending the Frost pick last night.

Ultimately, it's a mid-late rounder and unlikely to ever be an NHLer no matter who they choose. I don't think Strome can play up a level. I hope I'm wrong.

With all of this knowledge you should be working for an NHL team as a scout.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
A sniper who struggles to get into the right places because of his skating... might be correctable. Anorher brother Strome, I guess everyone should have one, so we can tick that box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad