Prospect Info: Round 4, Pick 106: Matthew Strome, LW, Hamilton (OHL)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
From August:

https://www.nhl.com/news/matthew-strome-wants-to-follow-brothers-dylan-ryan-to-nhl/c-281307516

CALGARY -- Matthew Strome doesn't need to be reminded.

Yes, his older brother, Dylan, was the No. 3 pick in the 2015 NHL Draft, by the Arizona Coyotes.

Yes, his oldest brother, Ryan, was selected by the New York Islanders with the No. 5 pick in the 2011 draft.

And with family history well established, Matthew, 17 and eligible for the 2017 NHL Draft, is going to use his name as an advantage, not a burden.

"People are always going to have their speculations on that and being the youngest brother, they're always going to compare me to them," Matthew said earlier this month at Canada's Ivan Hlinka selection camp. "I take that as an advantage. That means they're looking at me. I just have to show them what I can do myself, and what's different and the same about me.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Who Is Matthew Strome?

Matthew Strome is a left wing for the Hamilton Bulldogs, and the younger brother of forwards Dylan Strome of the Coyotes and Ryan Strome of the Islanders. According to Elite Prospects, Matthew Strome is 6’3”, 201 lbs, making size not a concern for this prospect. He was born in Ontario, on January 6th, 1999. He started off playing Midget Hockey in 2013-2014, albeit with only a one game appearance. He had his full season debut the year after, and recorded 60 points in 64 games. He was then drafted 8th overall in the 2015 OHL Priority Selection, where he then recorded 38 points in 61 games as a rookie, though it should be noted he played for a weak Bulldogs team. The year after, Matthew Strome improved as his role on the team increased. He led the team in points and goals, with 62 points in 66 games and 34 goals as well. It should also be noted he was 2nd on the team in penalty minutes, with 62 on the year.

https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2...-2017-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-hamilton-ohl

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Fat slob quotient was low after trading Schenn. Needed to restock on slobbiness.

For real though, if his name wasn't Strome, this would be a good value pick to take a shot on in the fourth round.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
just like his brother dylan, if the skating develops he could be a great pick . if not he is going to struggle to make the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad