Pre-Game Talk: Round 3, SENS in Pittsburgh, Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Pittsburgh in 3.

Don't you mean Pittsburgh in 0?

The NHL will decide that the Sens were just too lucky to make it to the ECF. Thus, the NHL decides to just kick them out of the playoffs giving the Pens an automatic series win which propels them to the Stanley cup finals.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
LOLOLOL

We still got a 3pm game scheduled despite being in the final 4.

Start time is 7pm for saturday, btw. 8pm monday for game 2.

Yeah, 3pm on a Sunday. That's when people want to watch hockey the most. Then again, I think that's game 5, so the series will probably be over by then. ;)

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I am laughing because otherwise I'd be crying.

both.png

:)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am fine with a 3 p.m. start (12 p.m. for me).

We have won every afternoon game so far in these playoffs, so hopefully we win that game as well.

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
think we will take the afternoon game 95% the sens are so used to preparing for those games while it will catch pittsburgh completely off guard.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
No thanks.

I'll take an evening weekend game over an afternoon start 10 times out of 10.

dont get me wrong, theres nothing better than getting hammered late saturday night to the tune of a sens game, but since we do have the afternoon game I think we will have pretty good odds to take that one.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It all depends on Karlsson and Anderson.

These two players will be the deciding factor on how far we go this series and whether or not we can pull off a series win against the Pens.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
So, now that Matt 'waste of oxygen' Cooke is out of the league, who is the 'dirty, cheap shot them, then turtle' POS on the Pens now (other than Crosby, that is)?

Over/under on the amount of b.s. penalties in the series the refs call against us, because... Sid's team? 120?

Go Sens go! I hate Cindy Crysby, I hate the Pens, I hate what that whiny little you-know-what did to Meth's finger. Let's win dis!

P.S. I have a bad feeling my nightmare Cup final will come true... Pens vs. Ducks. That is the definition of a series where I want both to lose. Rooting for Sens vs. Preds! Senapreds alliance unite!

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Really happy it's Pitt. Ottawa's destined to take out the champs and then win over Anaheim to set the world back in order.

If it's PK then all of Montreal will be tormented and even better.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
We're playing with house money from here on in, as far as I'm concerned. We don't have the pressure of having been a Cup Contender all season, and we can just focus on playing our game and not have to worry about stuff like choking the way that the Caps perennially do, or the intense media expectations that the Penguins have. That's a nice little advantage, as far as I'm concerned.

If we can get the split in the first two games in Pittsburgh, I like our chances. We need to capitalize - Penguins have just come out of a grueling series where they've been run ragged by a hyper-aggressive Capitals forecheck. We need to take advantage of the fact that they're drained at the moment.

rintinw

Oct 9, 2014
Can't wait for the parade of ****** reffing.

I have full confidence we can beat the Pens.

I am less confident we can beat the Pens and the refs.

Usually both teams get their breaks whether in calls, no calls, weird bounces, accidental injuries. And while it does NOT always even out in a series (too little sample size) it's the team that capitalize on their breaks that seems to be favoured.

Game misconduct on Niskanen.
Funny that no one on Caps team protested.
No call on blatant interference on Malkin before game-tying goal in Game 3.
Just 80 seconds before that Ovechkin slewfooted Schultz and Oshie had blatant interference on Hornqvist in same sequence with no call.

There will be a lot of confirmation bias during the series, eh? There was no indication of any ref bias in the Pens-Caps series. Nothing like complaining about officiating before the game has even begun. I'll see you guys after the series.

Like this :)
sports.png

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Bruins fan jumping on the sens bandwagon. I freaking hate the Penguins I hate everything about them. I really hope you guys destroy their hopes and dreams like the Bruins did in the 2013 ECF, if I remember everyone was saying 'pens in 5' for that series as well.

How is Karlsson's health? If anyone one in the league can shut down the Penguins it's him.

Go Sens, give em hell!

OHNOclowe

The Thread Killer
Feb 21, 2009
It'll be very easy to spot the bandwagon fans at the CTC, they'll all be wearing Crosby jerseys and cheering " Go sports!":laugh: But seriously though Ottawa is a hub for bandwagon ******es. The sad part is that they're local Ottawa residents who only cheer for Pittsburgh because of Sid the Kid and their Stanley Cup success. Pretty much the definition of a fake, bandwagon fan.

When I lived in Guelph for school, I shared a house with a Pens fan (former leafs fan, converted when Sid was a rookie (eyeroll)), a Hawks fan, a Jets fan, and an... NBA fan. It was like a weird sitcom. Awkward three years. Especially as the Sens were **** up for most of that stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad