Pre-Game Talk: Round 3, SENS in Pittsburgh, Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Sens are 1 - 3 against Pens in the playoffs...i wanted the caps over the pens primarily because Fleury and that kid Gunzetl on the pens are lights are right now...

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Sens are 1 - 3 against Pens in the playoffs...i wanted the caps over the pens primarily because Fleury and that kid Gunzetl on the pens are lights are right now...

I don't know... Lundqvist played well against the Canadiens but we lit him up.

This isn't Fleury vs. Leclaire or Elliott. We have an actual goalie even if he hasn't been consistently great yet in these playoffs.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
According to main board, Sens have already lost this series once again, bring it on.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I have full confidence we can beat the Pens.

I am less confident we can beat the Pens and the refs.

There will be a lot of confirmation bias during the series, eh? There was no indication of any ref bias in the Pens-Caps series. Nothing like complaining about officiating before the game has even begun. I'll see you guys after the series.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006

That's not bias. That's incompetence. I love how everyone points to that play, but no one points to 4 minute minor missed on Washington minutes before for high sticking Guentzel. Like, I said... confirmation bias. :laugh:

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
I haven't watch the Sens a whole lot this season. Do you guys think they could beat Pittsburgh?

A majority of people thought we would lose to Boston, and nobody thought we would be the Rangers, but we did. So absolutely we can. It will be the toughest challenge yet, but I believe that if we can beat Pittsburgh we can win the Cup.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
That's not bias. That's incompetence. I love how everyone points to that play, but no one points to 4 minute minor missed on Washington minutes before for high sticking Guentzel. Like, I said... confirmation bias. :laugh:

Game misconduct on Niskanen.

No call on blatant interference on Malkin before game-tying goal in Game 3.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
A majority of people thought we would lose to Boston, and nobody thought we would be the Rangers, but we did. So absolutely we can. It will be the toughest challenge yet, but I believe that if we can beat Pittsburgh we can win the Cup.

I mean, I don't think it's impossible, but I'd consider Boston and NYR as the same tier as us. Pittsburgh is another story...

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
stone.gif

stone-cold.jpg

8279426.jpg

sticknuts_medium.gif

hockeyballs.gif

2931220.jpg

Last edited:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I ****ing hate Pittsburgh. ***** ass team led by a whiny dirty ***** ass captain. I ****ing hate their bandwagonner fans too. God. Pound the living **** out of these scum bags, Sens. Let's make Sydney " routine-play-with-an-unfortunate-result" Crosby pay for what he did to Meth and let's go to the finals.

I like your classless comments Classless Goon. I was looking forward to this match up, because to be the man you gotta beat the man. ..woooooooo!

If the Sens want the cup, they have to slay the triple headed dragon, the defending Stanley Cup Champion. Containing the forwards would be tough, but I feel they can meet their offence and edge them on defence.

Karlsson is the best player in the game, hope he is healthy enough to demonstrate who owns this show.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
I mean, I don't think it's impossible, but I'd consider Boston and NYR as the same tier as us. Pittsburgh is another story...

Then lets do what Toronto did vs Washington. Go in firing at 110% and playing for pride. Pittsburgh will expect us to play tight 1-3-1 hockey but if we go out playing loose we can probably catch them off guard.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
10 years ago, I had a son who was just shy of 2 years old. That year, Ottawa beat the Penguins and went to the cup final. This year, I have a 2nd son who is just shy of 2 years old and Ottawa has gone to the ECF again, now playing the Penguins. So obviously, we're going to the Cup finals.

They better ****ing win it too...I'm not having any more kids.

Novak Djokovic

Dec 10, 2006
Game misconduct on Niskanen.

No call on blatant interference on Malkin before game-tying goal in Game 3.

It's funny because if you read the Caps forum, not a single person is complaining about officiating. Caps had more PPs than Pens in the series. I'm not going to go over every single missed calls, there were plenty on both.

But if the refs and Pens vs. us attitude makes you feel better, all the power to you. :)

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Man, Pittsburgh even with no Crosby one game, post-concussed Crosby 2 games, and no Letang still pushed past the Caps

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
We've beaten Glass Joe and Von Kaiser, but we're going straight to the dream fight with Tyson. Whatever, let's see how many games we can take these guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA