Pre-Game Talk: Round 3, SENS in Pittsburgh, Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Can we please play Harpur?! (And can we get someone dressed in a Pens jersey to kick his dog to get him riled up)

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Can we please play Harpur?! (And can we get someone dressed in a Pens jersey to kick his dog to get him riled up)

Harpur would get killed against Pens. Claesson-Wideman pairing was solid in game 6. Only bring him in if somebody goes down or craps the bed.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Man, Pittsburgh even with no Crosby one game, post-concussed Crosby 2 games, and no Letang still pushed past the Caps

Great 8 was responsible for at least 1 and likely both goals against in tonight's loss. Great 8 my ***

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
10 years ago, I had a son who was just shy of 2 years old. That year, Ottawa beat the Penguins and went to the cup final. This year, I have a 2nd son who is just shy of 2 years old and Ottawa has gone to the ECF again, now playing the Penguins. So obviously, we're going to the Cup finals.

They better ****ing win it too...I'm not having any more kids.

We got this!

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Well, if you thought Bruins fans or Rangers fans were annoying. Pens fans are already blowing them out of the water on the main board.

At least Bruins and Rangers fans were cool and respectful before the series started.

I guess that's what the entitlement of having 4 generational players in their franchise history does to create bandwagoners.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Well, if you thought Bruins fans or Rangers fans were annoying. Pens fans are already blowing them out of the water on the main board.

At least Bruins and Rangers fans were cool and respectful before the series started.

I guess that's what the entitlement of having 4 generational players in their franchise history does to create bandwagoners.

Just hope both captains are healthy (Crosby looked good tonight). EK vs. Crosby/Malkin..love it!

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

I really want to win now to watch the meltdown. They think they're world beaters. Crosby looked pretty ineffective. Malkin looked tired and disinterested at times.

Washington looked very nervous and their defensive breakdowns reminded me of us under Cameron last season. Will the Penguins get those breakdowns against us? Doubt it.

Pretty incredible when you consider it was a Barry Trotz team - the guy who coached Nashville with a lot of structure.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
So the Penguins are officially the team we've met the largest number of times in the playoffs, right? We've only played Buffalo and Toronto 4 times each.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
It's funny because if you read the Caps forum, not a single person is complaining about officiating. Caps had more PPs than Pens in the series. I'm not going to go over every single missed calls, there were plenty on both.

But if the refs and Pens vs. us attitude makes you feel better, all the power to you. :)

Amen, people are just looking for excuses before the series has even started. Refs will make some bad calls, but they're not fixing games. If you really feel that way why are you even watching?

If they beat us, it's because they're a great team.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Amen, people are just looking for excuses before the series has even started. Refs will make some bad calls, but they're not fixing games. If you really feel that way why are you even watching?

If they beat us, it's because they're a great team.

Ducks: 16:30pim/gp
Oilers: 14:15pim/gp
Sens: 12:39pim/gp
Preds: 7:54pim/gp
Pens: 7:24pim/gp

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Would love see this team advance to the SCF but team is significantly weaker than 07 one.

If only they could get that version of Volchenkov back on their blue line....

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Would love see this team advance to the SCF but team is significantly weaker than 07 one.

If only they could get that version of Volchenkov back on their blue line....

With all due respect, the goaltending and defence is better this time around, and Karlsson at his best is better player than anybody on that roster, including Almighty Alfie, my favourite Sens player of all time.

jg729

Oct 25, 2011
Toronto
Sorry question - how do you know game 1 will be on saturday?

Also do you know what date game 3 and 4 will be?

Thanks

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Pittsburgh isn't any faster than NYR, nor will they be as physical, but they've obviously got the high end skill.

Our D will be fine, but the forwards need to be disciplined in the neutral zone to break up chances (i.e MacArthur last night).

I'm hoping our big forwards can play the muscle game against their D, just come out hitting.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Ducks: 16:30pim/gp
Oilers: 14:15pim/gp
Sens: 12:39pim/gp
Preds: 7:54pim/gp
Pens: 7:24pim/gp

PIMS aren't a great way to look at it. Anaheim has 5 misconducts for acting like idiots.

Pittsburgh had 7 more Power Plays than us this year, but were shorthanded 11 more times.
In the playoffs, Pittsburgh's had 37 Power Plays and were shorthanded 35 times.
We've had 41 Power Plays and have been shorthanded 40 times.

Stop looking for excuses before the series has even started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad