Pre-Game Talk: Round 3, SENS in Pittsburgh, Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Funny that aside from EK the skill level on the Sens is dismissed or not even thought about. I think that is severly underrated.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Funny that aside from EK the skill level on the Sens is dismissed or not even thought about. I think that is severly underrated.

Why do people get so bent out of shape over others opinions. Nothing you really will change their minds. Only thing that will is a series win

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
Why do people get so bent out of shape over others opinions. Nothing you really will change their minds. Only thing that will is a series win

Sens could win the Cup this year and I guarantee they wouldn't be Cup favorites for next year:laugh: Media will have a hundred reasons why team X,Y,Z are more likely to win.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Sens could win the Cup this year and I guarantee they wouldn't be Cup favorites for next year:laugh: Media will have a hundred reasons why team X,Y,Z are more likely to win.

If we somehow won those threads on the main boards "least deserving team to win" and "most deserving team that did not win" would be flooded for months.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Anyone who comes up big is a key factor. Burrows is capable of that, and in fact has done it more than once in these playoffs. He has assists on a couple of important goals (they're all important when you win by one), including Turris's Game 6 beauty against Boston, which Burrows made possible with a ferocious hit and puck recovery on Drew Stafford.
Defensive plays are harder to catalogue, but he's been a staunch defender, shot blocker and trusted PKer, and broke up a potential tying goal while defending late against an extra attacker.
All key plays, made by a key player.

I dont think ive seen him make a bad play this entire playoffs. Just smart, hard and clutch hockey out of Burrows.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
If we somehow won those threads on the main boards "least deserving team to win" and "most deserving team that did not win" would be flooded for months.

if we win the cup im fine with anything that comes after (minus ek not extending)

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere. Its from 538 which is a big US polling and statistics website.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...adas-last-stanley-cup-hope/?ex_cid=538twitter

It's a decent article, but you get the feeling it's written by someone who doesn't really pay attention to the team aside from numbers crunching. They seem to think we only have Erik and a bunch of AHLers when in reality these playoffs have been a true-blue team effort.

I mean, we're aware that EK is heads-and-shoulders above everyone else, but he's had plenty of help at the right moments. Andy can steal a game here and there, and guys like Turris, Hoffman, Ryan, Brassard, Pageau and Stone can be game-breakers when needed.

The guy IS giving us credit for making it this far, but just like everyone else believes we'll get eaten alive by Pittsburgh, which is a little shortsighted considering the last two rounds as evidence for Ottawa never being out of it. I prefer my team to win close games 9 times out of 10, bearing down and playing the system all game, than to constantly rout the opponent only to crap the bed when it really matters. I'm not feeling super confident we'll make it past the Pens, but I truly do believe we'll take it to 6 or 7 and won't get outclassed.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
93899fcea73c78f4c153c4fd79a83466

Just wow, it's almost as if the fact that we made it this far was by accident:sarcasm: Most of them picking 5 games too which is saying that our team is utter trash :shakehead I'm fine with media picking Pittsburgh over us because they're a good team and the defending champions, but to say that we will only win 1 game is a total disrespect to the resiliency and hard work of our team.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Just wow, it's almost as if the fact that we made it this far was by accident:sarcasm: Most of them picking 5 games too which is saying that our team is utter trash :shakehead I'm fine with media picking Pittsburgh over us because they're a good team and the defending champions, but to say that we will only win 1 game is a total disrespect to the resiliency and hard work of our team.

Pens are defending cup champs .. They are favored to win and they are the obvious easy choice for anyone that is not a sens fan that gets asked. No need to be offended by that.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Pens are defending cup champs .. They are favored to win and they are the obvious easy choice for anyone that is not a sens fan that gets asked. No need to be offended by that.

While I agree that the Pens are the safe choice, and it shouldn't surprise or insult anyone that most picked Pitts to win, the fact that the majority said they'd do it in 5 is a liiiittle annoying. ;)

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Moe picks Pens for win = less pressure for Sens. They already overcome our expectations and i think no fan would be sad if Pens win 4-0 in this round. All i hope is hard effort from Sens players.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Moe picks Pens for win = less pressure for Sens. They already overcome our expectations and i think no fan would be sad if Pens win 4-0 in this round. All i hope is hard effort from Sens players.

You think wrong. We are a proud bunch and while we're well aware our chances are small, we want to see a valiant effort, aka at least a few wins.

A sweep is never any fun and would indeed make me sad.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Well, i would be sad if Sens dont show up to some games, like two games in NY.
But if they get swept 4-0 with 4 losses in OT, its pretty hard effort for me.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I am at a total loss for the complete lack of respect the senators are getting. At this point it's not even up for debate, Ottawa has one of the best defenseman to ever play in the NHL, a future first ballot hall of famer and one of the most exciting and dynamic players in the game today. Yet people still think the sens are just some ho hum team full of journeymen that are going on some sort of improbable, fairytale run. A "melba toast" team, as some hack newspaper editor referred to them as in quite possible the most uninformed and naive article written about the sens.

Don't get me wrong, I don't need Ottawa to be labelled "Canada's team." I can tell you with 100% certainty that I wouldn't be cheering for the leafs of the habs if they were the last Canadian team standing. I don't think it's fair to expect fans to all of a sudden change their allegiance and cheer for another team. But if people are hockey fans, and not just fans of a particular team, they should be at least tuning in to watch one of the greatest playoff performances by a defenseman in a long time. I just hope that Karlsson, and the team, can keep this train rolling and silence the doubters and enlighten the uninformed. To finally get the respect they deserve.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think they'll win game 1, but even if they don't what I want to see them do is play their game and keep the game close. If the score is low, even if we lose we'll win the series. I fully expect Fluery to have 2 bad game and Andy to have to do-so game, making the series 2-2. What happens in the remaining 3 games is what will dictate who wins the series. If we can play our system versus them from game 1 (even if we lose game 1) it means we will win out the last 3 games of the series.

Boucher style is not set to obliterate other teams, it's a system that's meant to go 2-1 in a 3 game stretch. We've seen that all year and all playoffs, if we get the Pens forwards playing within the boundaries of Ottaaa hockey in game 1, it means they can't get the puck going the way they want and we'll end up singling out their weak D man and that'll be the series.

Sens in 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino