Pre-Game Talk: Round 3, SENS in Pittsburgh, Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This concerns me. I always thought that maybe he would get in a game to try to provide a spark, but I can't see it happening if he hasn't even been practicing with the guys. That would leave some very underwhelming options in Wingels, Neil, Kelly if we lost any bodies.

They're not the worst options in the world for 4th-liners.

If Neil is in, you have Dzingel waiting in the wings.

I think if we lost a couple of our top six guys you might see White brought in (like Stone/Silfverberg against the Rangers back in the day).

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
They're not the worst options in the world for 4th-liners.

If Neil is in, you have Dzingel waiting in the wings.

I think if we lost a couple of our top six guys you might see White brought in (like Stone/Silfverberg against the Rangers back in the day).

Not bad options, but not good either. IMO, Dzingel should be playing in Game 1 over Neil.

I would think that if White was even an option, he would have been practicing a little more with the big boys and not the Black Aces.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not bad options, but not good either. IMO, Dzingel should be playing in Game 1 over Neil.

I would think that if White was even an option, he would have been practicing a little more with the big boys and not the Black Aces.

I always feel like you don't have to worry quite as much about the fitness of young kids.

You can kind of throw them out there whenever you need them.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Ottawa has been in contact with Chabot all through both's playoffs. He would be in the lineup as soon as he was eligible from what I've heard.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I feel like GB will try to get EK away from Crosby, so Ceci/Phaneuf will be matched against Sid, along with Pageau, while EK will play mostly against the Malkin line. I a probably wrong and the exact opposite will happen.

I think this is the likeliest scenario. Dion rattles the **** out of Crosby.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Earliest he is available is the 24th, but more than likely will be the 28th. Will have to make the cup final.

I can't see any other team stopping the Sea Dogs. I'd count on him playing in the championship game.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I really hope Neil plays. There isn't a player on this team expect one obviously who has done more for the franchise.

lets not play him until pittsburgh tries some **** and they wont start some **** because if they go after karlsson we hit the fragile crosby, and at this stage a semi hard hit on crosby and his career is in limbo

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
Sens getting NO respect on NHL radio as per usual.....:laugh: Essentially they're completely writing off the Sens vs. the Pens.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Sens getting NO respect on NHL radio as per usual.....:laugh: Essentially they're completely writing off the Sens vs. the Pens.

It's pretty pathetic. I've heard quotes like 'Washington really screwed up, if they only beat pittsburgh, not only would they had made it to the 3rd round for the first time with this core, but also had Ottawa served to them on a silver platter'

This is on the official nhl network on XM. The level of disrespect is at an absurd level. I get being underdogs but this is just becoming unprofessional.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
No respeck. Please, let's not sound like the Habs.

I am confident in this team. Hopefully the Pens play a skilled game as opposed to a dirty one. Ottawa has proven to stifle both speed and grit attacks when the game was on the line, and they have now a full regular season plus two rounds of playoffs to perfect the system, which, make no mistake, is based around EK. Ottawa's forwards are not top-5 forwards like Crosby and Malkin, but they have strengths on all forward lines headed by Turris, Stone, Hoffman, Ryan, Brassard, and Pageau. Not to forget the depth forwards, especially Smith (who has yet to have that big game, so Due Doughty) and of course Big Game Burrows. Hope Stalberg is healthy.

The defense will be fine, in the same mold as they were in rounds 1 & 2, but maybe healthier and better knowing it is the Cup Finals (almost).

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Ottawa has been in contact with Chabot all through both's playoffs. He would be in the lineup as soon as he was eligible from what I've heard.

Wow! That is high praise.

For clarity in the lineup as in playing or added to roster as Black Ace?

What a crazy year for him if he gets in to the Cup Finals!

Boucher could not risk getting him in early in the season when we all thought that was the most sensible time yet now he may make it in during the most intense and important games of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad