Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Rangers) 2015 Playoffs

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
With the lack of chemistry the Caps have demonstrated, I'd be hesitant to even break up the 3rd line, since it has at least looked alive at times. Well, maybe a few shifts to see how it works.

If the goal is to keep AONB together and give them a spark, I guess I'd consider sbdy's suggestion to throw Wilson there. And then you'd have GlenX-Laich-Mojo, which is like Edmonton's dream 2nd line, right?!

I wouldn't go that far.

We are tied 3-3 with the team that won the Prez trophy and odds on fav to win the cup.

We dominated most of the last game and Holtby had a rare off night.

I would agree to change the lines up as there are some guys who just are way off their game (GlenX, Mojo, Brouwer being the main cultprits)

But this is a very close and tightly contested series with heroes and goats on both sides.

I too would put Wilson at 1RW. Much better option than MJ.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Wednesday is gonna be like

XqdmbeI.png

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
And if they don't....its ok. It really is.

This playoff has shown who works and doesnt in the existing group. BMac will have some work to do either way...but things are laid out for the future. The defensive top 4 is set for another run. Just need to fix some forward slots and get the compete level up to end these ****ing things sooner competed to game 7's over and over.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
I have an eerie confidence that they are actually going to win this game.

More so than game 5 and 6.

After I cooled off, the same for me. I had no doubt we would lose game 6 but 7 I feel different.

But I like all losing teams in every sport. Including the Browns. So it's hard to say anything :laugh:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The pressure is back on the rongoliers to win at home as the top seed. We have a chance as long as we don't go up 2 goals and then quit.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
The pressure is back on the rongoliers to win at home as the top seed. We have a chance as long as we don't go up 2 goals and then quit.

I agree, I felt the pressure on us in 5 and 6, defintely 6. But I don't feel that for next game. That's always works to our advantage, usually

mrwarden

Nothing Witty
Jan 31, 2007
Austin, TX
I would gladly take going up 2 goals. This team tends to let you know early when they don't show up, so I'm just hoping we don't go down 1 or 2 in the first five minutes.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Read it and weep folks. No sense running away from it (especially if you're gonna watch tomorrow night), and McIndoe recounts it all with a pretty fair helping of wit and empathy.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-storied-tradition-of-capitals-collapses/

Nothing good comes easy - cleansing ourselves of this sordid past was bound to be full of suffering. Hockey gods, we beseech you, deliver us from 30 years of playoff tribulation.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Read it and weep folks. No sense running away from it (especially if you're gonna watch tomorrow night), and McIndoe recounts it all with a pretty fair helping of wit and empathy.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-storied-tradition-of-capitals-collapses/

Nothing good comes easy - cleansing ourselves of this sordid past was bound to be full of suffering. Hockey gods, we beseech you, deliver us from 30 years of playoff tribulation.

Brutal read. I've grown numb to it though and after they blew game 5 it was obvious where this series was headed.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
He got it all wrong. There should have been 2 more 10/10 full on meltdown laptop frisbee headed out to the ledge series.

Both the quads, of course.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
First teams to cough up both 2-0 and 3-1 series leads? You can't say this franchise doesn't make history.

Reirden/Orpik/Niskanen going for their own history tomorrow night.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
First teams to cough up both 2-0 and 3-1 series leads? You can't say this franchise doesn't make history.

Reirden/Orpik/Niskanen going for their own history tomorrow night.

Reirden, Orpik and Niskanen did it last year with the Pens when they blew a 3-1 series lead against the Rangers. I suppose it would be history to do it in back to back years with different teams against the same team. :sarcasm:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I wouldn't go that far.

We are tied 3-3 with the team that won the Prez trophy and odds on fav to win the cup.

We dominated most of the last game and Holtby had a rare off night.

I would agree to change the lines up as there are some guys who just are way off their game (GlenX, Mojo, Brouwer being the main cultprits)

But this is a very close and tightly contested series with heroes and goats on both sides.

I too would put Wilson at 1RW. Much better option than MJ.

Well, I'd say they are 3-3 in spite of iffy chemistry -- mostly because of Holtby, good D, and some brilliant individual efforts. Which in a way is good, because the potential to improve is there.. Overall I am impressed that this crew has managed to get to Game 7 -- almost everybody has performed at least as good as or (much) better than my expectations. And the rest is for BM (and to lesser extent Trotz) to fix..

I think the only thing that still sort of saddens me as far as the players is that Ovi and Nick are not really getting traction. I've seen that story before and can't say I am surprised, but it's hard not to hope for more from them, even if they are not ideal linemates and/or don't have an ideal linemate.

Last edited:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I have an eerie confidence that they are actually going to win this game.

More so than game 5 and 6.

I agree, I felt the pressure on us in 5 and 6, defintely 6. But I don't feel that for next game. That's always works to our advantage, usually

I'm with you guys. We are going to win.

Well, I'd say they are 3-3 in spite of iffy chemistry -- mostly because of Holtby, good D, and some brilliant individual efforts. Which in a way is good, because the potential to improve is there.. Overall I am impressed that this crew has managed to get to Game 7 -- almost everybody has performed at least as good as or (much) better than my expectations. And the rest is for BM (and to lesser extent Trotz) to fix..

I think the only thing that still sort of saddens me as far as the players is that Ovi and Nick are not really getting traction. I've seen that story before and can't say I am surprised, but it's hard not to hope for more from them, even if they are not ideal linemates and/or don't have an ideal linemate.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/05/12/three-reasons-why-the-caps-will-make-good-on-alex-ovechkins-game-7-guarantee/

Ovechkin is going to convert on his chances. He's getting them and its only a matter of time. Its our turn. Backstrom's numbers would look a heck of alot better had we gotten some Ovie puck luck.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Is Barry going to give the TOI Ovi needs to take over the game?

I am not seeing it thus far.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Brutal read. I've grown numb to it though and after they blew game 5 it was obvious where this series was headed.

OMG that article made me feel the pain of 35 years with this team AGAIN. I thought I had buried those memories. I'm not sure there is a franchise in the history of any sport that has endured so much pain.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
OMG that article made me feel the pain of 35 years with this team AGAIN. I thought I had buried those memories. I'm not sure there is a franchise in the history of any sport that has endured so much pain.

Physically painful and nauseating to read. I may just delete it and all references to it. Bleh.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

Buffalo Bills say hi.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

Maybe the Cubs? Although they don't make the playoffs often and blow series leads. They usually just stink in the regular season and miss the playoffs, though.

The Sharks have to be close. They always break their fans' hearts in the playoffs.

St. Louis Blues get an honourable mention. I believe they have made the playoffs in 39 out of their 47 seasons and have won only a handful of series. Probably barely more than 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad