Series Discussion: Round 2 (Caps vs Rangers) 2015 Playoffs

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Watching Nash's goal last night...

Either Backstrom is injured to the extent he can't extend his arms or that was a worse effort to defend than Ovechkins "controller disconnected gif".

He needs to play like a top 10 scorer.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
I am so torn with my emotions now.

I want to believe they can win and finally break it, but my brain just thinks differently. Just seen this so many times. You could of written this script as soon as we went up in Game 5

:cry:

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I am so torn with my emotions now.

I want to believe they can win and finally break it, but my brain just thinks differently. Just seen this so many times. You could of written this script as soon as we went up in Game 5

:cry:

Stop being so negative. ;)

Sunshine and Unicorn farts for everyone!

unicorn-fart-rainbow-cross-stitch-pattern.jpg

Better yet, the mysterious MarJo:

17502810946_47f08d7b14_o.png

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Schmidt recalled.

Russian Machine Never Breaks going bananas and making stupid statements like this:

With Gleason out (but not necessarily because Gleason was out), the Capitals dominated the final ten minutes of that game.

Yes, it's Gleason that is holding the Caps back and if only Schmidt would play! :facepalm:

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
NYR fan coming in peace. Just wanted to say if the Rangers lose game 7, I won't be suicidal (like I would be if we lost to the Pens) and I'll be pulling for you guys the rest of the way. This has been a great series, one where you feel bad that either team has to lose, and I hope one of these two teams make it to the Final.

It's been a phenomenal series and I'm proud of the effort from both teams. Cheers

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I think we need AONB with Bura. It isn't at any more danger of being scored against than they already are.

Then Glencross-Beagle-Wilson.

Then Johansson-Laich-Brouwer. The useless line.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I think we need AONB with Bura. It isn't at any more danger of being scored against than they already are.

Then Glencross-Beagle-Wilson.

Then Johansson-Laich-Brouwer. The useless line.

With the lack of chemistry the Caps have demonstrated, I'd be hesitant to even break up the 3rd line, since it has at least looked alive at times. Well, maybe a few shifts to see how it works.

If the goal is to keep AONB together and give them a spark, I guess I'd consider sbdy's suggestion to throw Wilson there. And then you'd have GlenX-Laich-Mojo, which is like Edmonton's dream 2nd line, right?!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I feel like we should change something up but at this point, perhaps it's too risky to put Wilson out on 1 for the first shift.

I think Trotz and other NHL coaches have shown its predictable for them to take a very cautious approach to 7s. I expect very little new from Trotz. He will guaranteed hunker in the bunker should we get a 1 goal lead. Heck we may do that with no lead.

1-0 / 2-1 I think the first goal likely wins it.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I like Trotz. More than that, i love the fact that Caps finally have a coach with experience. It not hard to see that Trotz has made some positive changes. There are however a few things that drive me absolutely nuts, his decisions on certain things baffle me:

His love for Backstrom. Every scoresheet i checked at least in this series Backstrom has played more minutes than Ovechkin. I understand that Backs plays on the Pk and Ovi is not getting as much PP time as we would like due to less power plays but still, a few games i saw Backstrokes ice time be a couple of minutes higher than Ovis. Trotz lights up when he talks about Ovechkin, but actions speak louder than words. To me its clear who his favorite player is on this team. Its just prostrating considering Backy has been MIA most of this series.

He seems to trust Mojo more than Kuzya. Last game Mojo had more ice time and more PP time even though Kuzya has more than outperformed him in this and last series too i believe. I just don't understand the logic behind giving the inferior player more ice time in the most important games of the season. Again he seems to have this man love for certain players than i believe is hurting this team.

Not putting Ovechkin out when the teams pulls their goalie. Again, actions speak louder than words. He can talk about how much he loves Ovi all he wants but he sits him the last few minutes of the game when they are up. I don't understand that either. I thought Ovi was one of the better defensive forwards on this team this year, i recall Trotz himself saying that earlier in the season. But more importantly, why would you embarrass your captain and the best player this franchise has ever seen by making it painfully obvious that you do not trust him in certain situations. Ovi will never come out and say anything about it but i truly believe that this has to bother him on some level. In the end of the day, he is one of the top players, for better or for worse i believe you need to have you best players out when the game matters most.

Another thing i wanted to add. Did anybody else hear Trotz say that they have yet to play their best hockey? After 6 freaking games they still did not give everything they got. So where is their best hockey, still in Nashville.....so when will we see their best game, Wednesday, next year...maybe its a 5 year plan??? To me this is the most ridiculous comments made by a Caps coach since BB said he would bet his house Caps would not loose game 7 to Montreal.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Guys why are we even playing tomorrow?

The Rangers and Hank are unbeatable in elimination games at home. They are like 83746493-2 in elimination games since 1890.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Start the way they finished and keep playing that game and they should win. 35-1 shot attempts since Dan Boyle scored to make it 4-1.

Need a monster game again from the 2nd line, and wouldn't mind if Backstrom and Johansson showed up to help Ovechkin too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad