Series Discussion: Round 1 (Caps vs Flyers) 2016 Playoffs (times and dates included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

capsrule26

OvitoKuz
Jan 19, 2009
Toronto
I have been a Caps fan as long as I remember and I am 46 years old. I have been through some major heart breaks like the quad overtime lose to NYI when I had to go to high school the next day. I am use to expecting disappointment. Last year when the rangers tied game 6 I new they were done but this year I am positive we will go to the finals with a better out come than 98. I am really tired of all you so called
fans that are so f'en negative. This team this year and next are the real deal so if you are a real Caps fan keep it positive, it will go a long way as will the team. Tonight was special 50 for Ovi a possible records for Holts just enjoy. Philly is a ****** draw but you have to defeat four legit teams to win so maybe it is good to face a strong physical opponent first round as long as no one gets hurt. I will be the first to say this is their year. GO CAPS GO

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I hope you guys are ready for the hate that comes with being the best team in the league. You guys will pick up a lot of it from rival fanbases throughout the playoffs. Maybe not as much as my 2010/2011 Canucks did, but similar imo.

On another note, amazing team you have here. I didn't think a team could outdo our year anytime soon and you guys did. Just incredible. I wish you nothing but luck, as you are my east team this year. Hope Ovi gets a cup.

Again, good luck!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I hope you guys are ready for the hate that comes with being the best team in the league. You guys will pick up a lot of it from rival fanbases throughout the playoffs. Maybe not as much as my 2010/2011 Canucks did, but similar imo.

On another note, amazing team you have here. I didn't think a team could outdo our year anytime soon and you guys did. Just incredible. I wish you nothing but luck, as you are my east team this year. Hope Ovi gets a cup.

Again, good luck!

People hated us even when we weren't at the top of the standings. I'm sure you've seen the million identical "Caps will choke" posts on the main board.

Anyway, welcome to the bandwagon! There's a lot of room, bring your friends with you!

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I'm sure we will have one bad game, or a game we hit 4 posts, probably on the road. But if we fall short this year I don't see it being the flyers.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
pens are most likely opening up game 1 with zatkoff in net. does zatkoff beat the isles or rangers?

Well the way it usually goes, either they squeeze by and their goalies come back healthy and fresh in round two. Or, he pulls a hamburgler and has pulls a 1.23 and .945 through the first three rounds

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
We know, they will start to provoke our players, DON'T REACT @ those clowns.
2-0-2 record against them this season. 2 wins in regulation and 1 loss in 3-on-3 and 1SO loss.
_______
But I hope, they will beat Isles today, so we can have PITvsNYR in 1st round.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Atlantic looks so weak compared to metro

Atlantic is brutal this season. Tampa had a good team but it's torn apart with injuries to Stralman and Stamkos. Florida is a good team but their lack of Playoff experience will mean a quick exit to them. For Detroit getting to the Playoffs with that team is the Stanley Cup. They can thank Mrazek's first half that they don't have a lottery pick right now.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Voracek-Giroux-Simmonds
Schenn-Couturier-Gagner

It will be probably Raffl-Couturier-Schenn but that's just small detail.

Hoping for a great series, guys, and good luck! I am sure it will be damn entertaining hockey. Really curious to see how both teams will match-up. I really wanted this series to happen for a few weeks now.

Obviously, as a Flyers fan, my expecetations are on realistic level. :laugh:

Jun 1, 2010
I'm a big Ovechkin fan and would love to see him win the cup. I fully expect to root for him if the flyers lose this series, so I'm hoping he doesn't do anything stupid like drive Giroux head first into the boards which would make it harder to cheer for him.

On paper, the capitals have this. Their biggest risks are a hot Mason and the fact that the flyers are playing with house money at this point.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Atlantic is brutal this season. Tampa had a good team but it's torn apart with injuries to Stralman and Stamkos. Florida is a good team but their lack of Playoff experience will mean a quick exit to them. For Detroit getting to the Playoffs with that team is the Stanley Cup. They can thank Mrazek's first half that they don't have a lottery pick right now.

That Florida team is inexperienced, but they're deep and balanced, and the play well in all three zones. Plus they played the Caps pretty well this year. After the Pens they're the scariest team in the East for me.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
I picked Caps in 6.
Not surprised Caps in 6, 5 runaway top choices so far.

Hope they can close them out in 6 at most. As one of my friends said recently, I'm getting older, can only take so many game 7s :o

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
From a shear entertainment value should be a good one to watch. Don't think playing detroit or boston would be as much.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
We know, they will start to provoke our players, DON'T REACT @ those clowns.

To be honest, they haven't done much of that this year. That's how we used to beat the Pens and we didn't do that this year. Some people still with the bully mentality want this kind of hockey, I don't. Especially against a team with like the Caps who have a lot of talent. It should be a fun series, good luck to both teams.

madlee

Mar 7, 2015
So caps win presidents trophy but don't even play the 8th team in the east. Flyers may finish with almost 10 more points then Detroit - but Detroit is going to get the team that was 6th in the conference.

You know this standings system is flawed when the 6th place team in the East gets a more favorable matchup than the team that won the Presidents trophy.

I agree. Division winners should get #1 and #2 seeds, top three in division get berths, but after division winners, should be seeded by record.

As of now, if seeded like that it would be:

1. DC 120
2. FLA 103
3. PIT 104
4. NYR 101
5. NYI 100
6. TB 97
7. PHL 94
8. DET 93

Instead we get:
1. DC 120
2. FLA 103
3. TB 97
4. PIT 104
5. NYR 101
6. DET 93
7. NYI 100
8. PHL 94

Home ice is an issue for two series with these rankings! Crazy.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
pens are most likely opening up game 1 with zatkoff in net. does zatkoff beat the isles or rangers?

MAF will start game one for them I think.

I thought Murray was ok and they just took him out for precautionary reasons. Now I see Jarry's been called up so who knows?

Last edited:

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
If Couturier plays as well as he did against us last week we are going to need some serious secondary scoring to win this series. I think the keys will be players like Burakovsky, Williams and Orlov. I fully expect Johansson to be a shrinking violet in this series but hope I'm wrong. Another key will be whether we can shake Mason's confidence early in the series. He's been pretty great but seems like he can be a little fragile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad