Series Discussion: Round 1 (Caps vs Flyers) 2016 Playoffs (times and dates included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You see this every year with one-line teams. Opposition puts everything into stopping that one line and dares 2 through 4 to beat them. Caps did it to Giroux's line this year, and we did it to Tavares line last year. Other teams did it to our top line in the past. It's incredibly tough for the top line in that situation to produce consistently. If Giroux still had the forward depth of the 08-10 Flyers teams to support him, I think he'd be a lot more productive.

2010 Flyers had Giroux and JVR on their 3rd line. :laugh:
G didn't inherit that team, he inherited some bull ****.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Why do I even go to the main boards?

:facepalm:

just stopped by there to find they are still whining about the dirty Caps. Am I missing something? It was the Canadian media that said that Schenn was running and flying around with a list of bad hits. It was not that vaunted Washington hockey media.

Yet its still all Tom Wilson is dirty.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
just stopped by there to find they are still whining about the dirty Caps. Am I missing something? It was the Canadian media that said that Schenn was running and flying around with a list of bad hits. It was not that vaunted Washington hockey media.

Mike Brophy from Hockey News on NHL Network Radio this morning, paraphrased, but only slightly: "I love Brayden Schenn and would have him on my team any day, but he's got to stop launching himself. They showed a montage of his hits on TV and it looked like he left his feet on all but maybe two or three of them."

And as for the "Wilson is dirty" -- not going to deny that he's crossed the line in his career, but HUGE kudos to him (and the coaching staff) for keeping his cool in this series, not getting distracted and thus not hurting the team.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Evidently, the Flyers would've won if not for all the unfair reffing...

Losing their minds and taking 30 minutes in penalties (or whatever it was) to end game 3... totally not their fault.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Evidently, the Flyers would've won if not for all the unfair reffing...

Losing their minds and taking 30 minutes in penalties (or whatever it was) to end game 3... totally not their fault.

I kept seeing them complaining the Wilson should have gotten a major penalty and that somehow the game was taken from them as a result. Did they miss game 6? They got 4 minute high stick that everyone knows was actually a teammate's stick and a questionable penalty added to that for a 5 on 3 midway thru a 0-0 game. A game that could have lead to them winning the series. They got nothing. They lost.

Edit: I am a little surprised there hasn't been a Backstrom should be suspended thread on the main boards over that Backstrom bloody high stick. Clear intent to injure

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
You know what? Let them howl. The series is over. We don't need to continue defending our win. On to the next round.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->