Series Discussion: Round 1 (Caps vs Flyers) 2016 Playoffs (times and dates included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
good news, is this series cannot begin on wednesday. so either thursday or friday. gives them an extra day of rest and practice

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Caps in seven because Caps. I think their typical level of play plus some urgency ought to be sufficient. It's not like Philadelphia is tremendously deep or overly impressive on the back-end overall.

I don't think the Caps are true contenders until they collectively display consistent mental engagement and crispness but that is something of a process. I'm skeptical they'll be overly quick learners given their history and apparent foundation or that they'll get on a tremendous roll ultimately but they should be able to handle the first round at least. If not, man, I'd be pretty tempted to blow it the hell up.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Should be a great series!

Any speculation on when the series will start? I see the Wizards have a home game on Wednesday night and I'm thinking NBC will want a Sunday afternoon game to show. I have tickets for Game 4 in Philly and I'm trying to figure out what days I need to take off from work.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Should be a great series!

Any speculation on when the series will start? I have tickets for Game 4 in Philly and I'm trying to figure out what days I need to take off from work.

wizards play at home wednesday. so most likely a thurs/saturday in dc

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
What's the Flyers top six look like?

And who among them is an especially tasty target?

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
IS IT TIME FOR THE SWITCH ON LIGHT THING YET TROTZ? Giroux is one of my favourite players, but I fully expect him to be a thorn in our side...

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Good luck Caps fans. It will be a fun series. I'm glad we have one against you guys again. Hard to believe its been almost 10 years since we had the Megadeth Security thing going. But the rivalry has grown stronger over the past couple seasons and I think this will further stoke the flames of hatred between our two beloved teams. I'm planning on enjoying every minute of it and hope you all do as well. Good luck!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Who is Ovi's nemesis going to be?

Maybe as Arnie in Terminator in the gun shop said: All.

I predict every game a 1 goal game, going 7 games. No matter the opponent.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
My lord the other side of the bracket is lame.

So the Isles want to lose tomorrow to stay in the soft bracket. Get your bets in.

I miss the division match ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad