WC: Roster Talk '11 – Slovakia

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
No details exist. He didn´t already play on Friday against Austria and I think most only found out about him being gone when the commentator during today´s SVK-BLR game said: "Pánik´s already out." The federation/coaches haven´t even bothered to announce that he was gone or explain it, despite the fact that they had announced that both juraj Mikus´ have been cut already on Friday..... I´m really disappointed about it, but sadly not really surprised anymore, obviously the young players are only good for them when the old geezers are not interested to play....

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
He was really upbeat about the opportunity too. Read (translated) this article yesterday. Came into it with a great attitude and, if the translation was correct, kind of already knew it was a long shot it seems.

Sucks because I personally was hoping that him making it and a good showing would have inched him closer to an ELC with the Lightning.

http://aktualne.centrum.sk/sport/ms-v-hokeji/clanek.phtml?id=1231177

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Visno out of the playoffs.

My guess is that he comes.. probably for the last time. :(

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
With Visnovsky and possible Hossa you'd be very very lethal. Unfortunately Visnovsky has been playing injured, so I doubt he'll come. A positive for you guys is obviously the Flyers-Sabres series. No matter how it goes, you'll get a very reliable defenseman in Meszaros or Sekera.

It sucks that there's barely any Slovakians left in the NHL anymore. But Meszaros and Sekera are starting to come along nicely. Tatar, Panik and Viedensky are all prominsing as well, I hope they all turn out well for you.

Any word on Svatos btw? Did he even get an invite?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
With Visnovsky and possible Hossa you'd be very very lethal. Unfortunately Visnovsky has been playing injured, so I doubt he'll come. A positive for you guys is obviously the Flyers-Sabres series. No matter how it goes, you'll get a very reliable defenseman in Meszaros or Sekera.

It sucks that there's barely any Slovakians left in the NHL anymore. But Meszaros and Sekera are starting to come along nicely. Tatar, Panik and Viedensky are all prominsing as well, I hope they all turn out well for you.

Any word on Svatos btw? Did he even get an invite?

No word on Ľubo as of yet so who knows. But Gaborik is in 100% Yeah, I´d personally prefer MeszároÅ¡, just cuz I like Sabres more than Flyers.

Yes, it really sucks, I hope that at least some of the kids like Tatar, Pánik, Viedenský, Marinčin, Jurčo etc. can make it to the big show in the comming few years. I really envy Sweden in this aspect (and in many others:D)

Svatoš would be considered, but he´s out with an injury....

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Handzuš is out of the playoffs. Had a hell of a series. Great PKer.

Any chance he comes?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
A lot of players are hesitant to play when they are free agents due to injury risk, it's up to him though.

Kind of different when the tourney is played in your own country where it is the sporting event on the year and you are near the end of your career, so it is an absolute once in a life time opprtunity, really doubt he´d want to miss that.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
According to Å port ViÅ¡ňovský is ready to join Team Slovakia and could already play in the 2nd game against Germany.

Awesome! I'm so happy he could make it despite shoulder issues. He seems like the worlds best person in his interviews (in english at least). :handclap:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
So, it seems that Pánik is 100% healthy and sickness wasn´t the reason why he was sent home.....and still we´ve got the likes of Richard Z on the team....:rant:

Indian

Jan 14, 2010
Košice
It's a shame I really wanted to believe there will be one spot on that team for a young player, would it be Panik or Tatar (I don't think he will take Marcinko either). I guess Hanlon just doesn't have the guts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad