Speculation: Roster Speculation, 2018 Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Mittelstadt will take part in development camp or he's exempt?

What are the criteria for mandatory dev camp participation? Bailey's got the record I'm sure for number of dev camps.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Mittelstadt will take part in development camp or he's exempt?

What are the criteria for mandatory dev camp participation? Bailey's got the record I'm sure for number of dev camps.
Development camp (or Conditioning Camp as it's referred to in the CBA) is for: 1) unsigned draft choices, 2) players on their ELC with fewer than 120 NHL games played, 3) players who went undrafted (both free agents and those with remaining draft eligibility) and 4) players who finished the previous season injured if they submit a written request to the Club.
Also no player is required to participate in more than three Conditioning Camps for the same club (although he is still able to)

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Development camp (or Conditioning Camp as it's referred to in the CBA) is for: 1) unsigned draft choices, 2) players on their ELC with fewer than 120 NHL games played, 3) players who went undrafted (both free agents and those with remaining draft eligibility) and 4) players who finished the previous season injured if they submit a written request to the Club.
Also no player is required to participate in more than three Conditioning Camps for the same club (although he is still able to)

thanks. so the team could have required Eichel to show up for dev camp following his rookie NHL season.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If we could bring Kyle Brodziak in to anchor the fourth line that would be grandiose

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I wonder if Arizona has any interest in Pominville. Thinking about a straight up trade for Dave Bolland. Both have one year left on their contract at the same salary. Bolland will be on injured reserve all season which allows us to inject more speed or youth into our lineup.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I wonder if Arizona has any interest in Pominville. Thinking about a straight up trade for Dave Bolland. Both have one year left on their contract at the same salary. Bolland will be on injured reserve all season which allows us to inject more speed or youth into our lineup.

Bad idea

Buffalo has about $19M in cap space (plus however much it goes up) for 6 F, 2D, and 2G to fill out the roster

if 6 of these 10 are on ELC/$1M contracts

that leaves them $13M for a starting goalie, Reinhart, another forward(could be an ELC/$1M player), a Dman.

If Bolland cant be a LTIR player you send down ELCs and call them back up against it, you need to be at the cap for most benefit.

Poms at 50% for 1 yr has some positive value.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I’m imagining a scenario where Casey Mittelstadt pulls a Clayton Keller, Rasmus Dahlin goes Charlie McAvoy, Brendan Guhle establishes himself, Rasmus Asplund pulls a Jesper Bratt and Linus Ullmark is good....Lol

Sounds so unrealistic, but that’s basically what happened in Boston, New Jersey and even Toronto. Having 3-4 young guys establishing themselves can have a major impact.

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Is the athletic worth it? I just hate the idea of paying $45 bucks a year to read articles but it seems they have a stranglehold of the market.

Reactions: Eichel15

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
The hockey coverage is good to great quality wise, though if you only want Buffalo stuff you'll be annoyed until they start up here.

They also have lots of Football, MLB and expanding into everything else.

I find the day to day team coverage to be mostly fine, but not really vital. The best articles for me have been lots of the behind the scene interviews and stories on GM's and management for various sports.

I've enjoyed it but am somewhat on the fence about re-upping next year, waiting to see who the Buffalo coverage is.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is the athletic worth it? I just hate the idea of paying $45 bucks a year to read articles but it seems they have a stranglehold of the market.

I bought it on a discount (38-ish bucks I think) and I'm reading something on it almost every day, if not more than once, including going into older articles on the draft or taking a look at some of what other teams are up to.

The hockey coverage is good to great quality wise, though if you only want Buffalo stuff you'll be annoyed until they start up here.

They also have lots of Football, MLB and expanding into everything else.

I find the day to day team coverage to be mostly fine, but not really vital. The best articles for me have been lots of the behind the scene interviews and stories on GM's and management for various sports.

I've enjoyed it but am somewhat on the fence about re-upping next year, waiting to see who the Buffalo coverage is.

Yeah, I wanted the national stuff and getting it on discount helped push it for me. We'll see next year if I'm still thinking it's good value having mined out all their archives while reading what I want of the new material. Maybe if I get back into football or baseball, but right now, I don't have time.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If they have coverage for your market I'd say it is. The content is definitely worth the price if you have the appetite for it. They also do offer discounts pretty frequently and I'd expect to see some closer to the draft. I think I got mine at 50% off around Thanksgiving.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Imo it's a fair deal if you only care about hockey. If you're into any other sport they cover it's a steal.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I’m imagining a scenario where Casey Mittelstadt pulls a Clayton Keller, Rasmus Dahlin goes Charlie McAvoy, Brendan Guhle establishes himself, Rasmus Asplund pulls a Jesper Bratt and Linus Ullmark is good....Lol

Sounds so unrealistic, but that’s basically what happened in Boston, New Jersey and even Toronto. Having 3-4 young guys establishing themselves can have a major impact.

Imagine Okposo gets back on track, Sam is 2nd half Sam from the start of the season, ROR is dialed in from day 1, We get league average goaltending, Those things would be a big positive. If any 1 or 2 of what you listed happens as well and we may have a renaissance next year. If all of them happen, look out.

Reactions: Mitts888

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Imagine Okposo gets back on track, Sam is 2nd half Sam from the start of the season, ROR is dialed in from day 1, We get league average goaltending, Those things would be a big positive. If any 1 or 2 of what you listed happens as well and we may have a renaissance next year. If all of them happen, look out.

And the biggest one.

Eichel living up to the potential a full season.

Reactions: Reddawg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad