Speculation: Roster Speculation, 2018 Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Interesting following the Sabres players on Twitter and IG this off season.
Risto and Asplund have been training like crazy.
Mittelstadt is usually chilling on the beach with his friends.

Ullmark welcomed all the newly signed Swedish players (Pilut, Olofsson, Asplund) to essentially team Sweden.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

Ullmark welcomed all the newly signed Swedish players (Pilut, Olofsson, Asplund) to essentially team Sweden.
better trade that lazy bum before he infects the locker room

Reactions: Mr Meeseeks

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Toby Enstrom, Calvin DeHaan, Jack Johnson

You can sign one this summer to solidify the top 4. Who do you sign and what is the term/$ ?

I think Enstrom would be a perfect fit beside Dahlin. I think 3 yearsat $5 million per is what I would do. He is 33 but he skates well and is very economical. His wife's condition is the major factor in if he stays or goes back home this summer.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

You can sign one this summer to solidify the top 4. Who do you sign and what is the term/$ ?

I think Enstrom would be a perfect fit beside Dahlin. I think 3 yearsat $5 million per is what I would do. He is 33 but he skates well and is very economical. His wife's condition is the major factor in if he stays or goes back home this summer.
De Haan AINEC

Jack Johnson is left handed Zach Bogosian

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

You can sign one this

That's been my thought on Enstrom too. Maybe if they give him 2 years and meet with his wife ala. the Regehr situation to sell him on it? Not sure -- he's going to have his pick of teams looking for a short-term vet option. Even if his wife wasn't ill, it might not be in the cards.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I can't picture a tan Mittelstadt

adwuNis.jpg

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

I mentioned that the other day, Mittelstadt seems all about the college life this summer. Doesn’t really matter, he’s still got 3 months before camp and was nursing an injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitts888

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
It’s every weekend on Snapchat. He might be training, but he’s definitely having fun too.
yeah its still only May, it not like these guys are going to go super hard for 3+ months. Gotta have a life and recharge a bit after a long season.

Reactions: slip

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
If that's what he meant, then I agree, but he's certainly not a fast skater.

I would be interested in what context you have ever heard “high motor player” as indicative of speed.

I mean that phrase is pretty universal in North American sports. Kyle Williams get called that all the time.

Honestly, it’s almost always used for players who are athletically limited, but try non stop every play.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
yeah its still only May, it not like these guys are going to go super hard for 3+ months. Gotta have a life and recharge a bit after a long season.

I lived next to an nhl pro’s summer house. He was on the water or having bonfires and parties all the time. Snapchat star potential, if the tech had existed at the time.

He also worked out a couple hours everyday in his home gym that was legit.

I’d be concerned if Mitts starts making poor judgment calls, like a Snapchat photo with him ripping a bong or boozing hard.

Most hockey players that have it available to them spend the off season on a lake or beach somewhere.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

That is the old school approach to the offseason.

Most players are hitting the gym hard about a month after their season is over. Well, unless they are rehabbing an injury.

Reactions: Chainshot

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
I run but I don't post about it every time on Facebook. :eyeroll:
Yea but a bunch of people wouldn’t analyze it either

I would.

"Goddammit Dingo44, you only ran 3 miles today! Who the hell's going to be out there posting positive feedback on Josh Allen if you don't run 5 miles! LETS GO!"

Sorry, Shroom Tech is kicking in....:eek:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I would.

"Goddammit Dingo44, you only ran 3 miles today! Who the hell's going to be out there posting positive feedback on Josh Allen if you don't run 5 miles! LETS GO!"

Sorry, Shroom Tech is kicking in....:eek:

Josh Allen is why I run. And stop throwing weights at me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->